[MODDB] Advanced time management 2.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

Have to say, I'm a little diaspointed by not using full strings in your find tags.

Got it installed, and working.

Thanks 'cos I was gona write this.

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

GPHemsley wrote: Actually, you should submit it to the MOD Database and then it would be in the MOD Release Announcements & Support forum upon release.

It's already done with the 0.4.1 release which was the same code but not EM compatible (the instructions was not compatible).
But unfortunatly it's a long way to have its MOD approved at the present time :wink:

John said that he needs some more testers because its team have too many MOD to test.
Eternal newbie

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Rapid Dr3am wrote: Have to say, I'm a little diaspointed by not using full strings in your find tags.

That will be in the EMC requirements and that's easy to understand:
If you ask to find (there is only 2 lines)...

Code: Select all

$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "
SET " . $username_sql . $passwd_sql . "user_email = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) . "', user_icq = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', user_website = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', user_occ = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', user_from = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', user_interests = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', user_sig = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', user_viewemail = $viewemail, user_aim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $aim) . "', user_yim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', user_msnm = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', user_attachsig = $attachsig, user_sig_bbcode_uid = '$signature_bbcode_uid', user_allowsmile = $allowsmilies, user_allowhtml = $allowhtml, user_allowavatar = $user_allowavatar, user_allowbbcode = $allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline = $allowviewonline, user_notify = $notifyreply, user_allow_pm = $user_allowpm, user_notify_pm = $notifypm, user_popup_pm = $popuppm, user_lang = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', user_style = $user_style, user_timezone = $user_timezone, user_dst_mode = '$dst_mode', user_dst_time_lag = '$dst_time_lag', user_dateformat = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', user_active = $user_status, user_rank = $user_rank" . $avatar_sql . "
...and someone have add only 1 field in the SET line, you will never be able to find it :wink:

So it's safer to ask to find...

$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "
SET
...and that's sufficient to be sure to find the good line :)

P.S. : thanks for your feedback :wink:
Eternal newbie

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

nice mod...
i have a little question though..
I had 0.4.2 RC4c installed... I saw 1.0 so i grabbed it and wanted to install it.. I didn't find a single change though :roll:
----------------

And

in overall header i find this code:

<FORM method="post" id="currentForm">  
<input type="hidden" name="pc_time_offset" id"pc_time_offset">  
</FORM>
shouldn't it be either id="pc_time_offset" or value="pc_time_offset"

????????????????????????????????

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

mr.luc wrote: I didn't find a single change though :roll:

Yes, that's right.
The only change was the instructions; not the code :)
mr.luc wrote: shouldn't it be either id="pc_time_offset" or value="pc_time_offset"

Right again!
It should be id="pc_time_offset". I will correct it :wink:

Thanks very much for feedback :D
Eternal newbie

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

are you really sure its id= and not value=???????
because its a input and a input always has type, name and value

it also has an id... but the id is already given above in the form:
FORM method="post" id="currentForm"

but again i might be wrong..... :oops:

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

mr.luc wrote: are you really sure its id= and not value=???????
because its a input and a input always has type, name and value

it also has an id... but the id is already given above in the form:
FORM method="post" id="currentForm"

but again i might be wrong..... :oops:

lol
In fact you are right and wrong :wink:

Yes "id" is not needed as it is already given above in the form.
And no, "value" is not needed too for this kind of input (type TEXT, PASSWORD, or HIDDEN); and that's why even without the "=" the code already works well :?

So... I have deleted this part and the new line is...
<input type="hidden" name="pc_time_offset">

:)
Eternal newbie

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

:mrgreen:
i was wondering why it was working....

but somehow the other code was mixing up my esthetic feelings *rofl*

thanx for the explain..

Luc

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

New release! :D

The 1.1.0 ...
- add the possibility to set a default mode and a default dst time lag for anonymous visitors and for new accounts (in "Configuration" in the ACP). Like that your forums will display a correct time even for visitors and even if they are all over the world!
- replace "GMT" by "UTC" in the time status line as the "GMT" time is not the official universal time anymore since 1985,
- add several improvements in the page_header.php & overall_header.tpl code.
Last edited by -=ET=- on Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal newbie

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

works very nicely.. except a few little things...

1. if i synchronize with my pc as default... it works.. but the time is one minute ahead of my pc .... (strange :roll: )

2. when i go to my page... it submits the form at first load.. so the page actually loads twice (and I can see it loading).. is there a workaround for that???

but its very nice especially the UTC change..

Luc

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

mr.luc wrote: 1. if i synchronize with my pc as default... it works.. but the time is one minute ahead of my pc .... (strange :roll: )

Yes, this is normal but perhaps not really explains in the MOD how-to.

In fact, your time in this mode is the UTC time of your server (not your PC), updated with the time zone & DST offset of your PC.
This is to take the most accurate UTC time which is very often the server one :wink:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 735#654735

But perhaps I should change the message on the index page :roll:
mr.luc wrote: 2. when i go to my page... it submits the form at first load.. so the page actually loads twice (and I can see it loading).. is there a workaround for that???

That's normal too :)

Choose the mode with cookie if you don't want the 1st page seen to be loaded twice. This reload is needed to send the PC settings to the server without using a cookie :wink:
Eternal newbie

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

-=ET=- wrote: In fact, your time in this mode is the UTC time of your server (not your PC), updated with the time zone & DST offset of your PC.
But perhaps I should change the message on the index page :roll:

I will change it myself... I understand now.. but i actually thought it didn't care about my server-time and was just synchronizing with my desktop pc.. :oops:
thanks alot

Luc

Sir Alex

Post by Sir Alex »

Maybe this MOD(1.1.0) has troubles with Mozilla (ver.1.4) browser.
In last mode (PC w/o Cookies) the index page does not reloading twice, i.e. data not sended to PHP script. But mode with cookies works ok.
B RGRDS, Sir Alex

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

Sir Alex wrote: In last mode (PC w/o Cookies) the index page does not reloading twice, i.e. data not sended to PHP script. But mode with cookies works ok.

Arf :(

I didn't know.
I'll try to fix the issue... :wink:
Eternal newbie

-=ET=-

Post by -=ET=- »

OK, it's fixed :)

The new 1.1.1 is online, with upgrade instructions from the 1.0.x releases :wink:
Eternal newbie

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”