The modified files pack aren't the full mod
They contain only the result of editing the phpBB files, not the added files nor any process to update the database in any way. They are intended to allow you to compare your modifications to a correct appliance of the mod to the phpBB files, that's all.
modified phpBB 2.0.4 files pack
modified phpBB 2.0.5 files pack
modified phpBB 2.0.6 files pack
First at all, I want to thanks Gilgraf for his precious help during the alpha stage.
- Features : ( stands for new features )
- attachment :
- attach a category to another category,
- attach a category to a forum,
- optional : attach a forum to a forum, or to the index, (note this one will break slightly the data compliancy with a non-modded phpBB)
- multi-language support in forums and cats name and description :
Allows to use $lang key entry in the categories or forums name and description in order to fit the language choosen by the user
- order cats and forums as you want :
You can now choose the order of appearance of the categories on the index page, and mix categories and forums order.
- 3 choices of packing index :
- No pack, giving the full incremental tree of cats and forums,
- Medium pack : the precs version sub-forum views : 2 levels displayed
- Full pack : Only one level is displayed
- optional display of board statistics :
The board statistics box can be removed from the root index, or from all, reducing more the size of the index pages
- split of the categories on the root index page :
For a better seen of the board section
- quick links under description (based on tidjojo and Gilgraf one)
You can display the name and links to the direct sub-level, and also have the new message icon present in front of this name
- show the last topic title on index (based on e-sven's one)
You can display on the index the title of the topics last created or replied to in the "Last Post" column
- Advanced settings :
You can choose if your users are allowed to set preferences, and which ones
- Forums icon :
You can set a different icon for each forum and category that will appears in front of the forum/category title on the index
- Cached tables :
The categories, forums, styles, and words censor tables are now cached to enhance the speed of your board by decreasing the usage of the database. This feature can be disabled.
Version Notes :
- About compliancy issue with original phpBB data structure while using real sub-forums feature :
- Version 2.0.x of phpBB accept only a forum to be attached to a category. The mod can allow if you wish to attach a forum to another forum, or to the index. Such an attachment won't be recognized by original phpBB progs, and so the forum won't be displayed at all, or will be seen attached to a category having the same id that the parent forum : this is only a display issue, and won't impact posts or authorisations, nothing will be lost . If you plan to remove the mod, just re-attach the sub-forums to a category, and all we'll be ok.
- to use real sub-forums feature :
Just run the SQL statement on forums table, pointed as optional.
SQL statements on categories table are NOT optional.
(discution about this version start here)
Fixes to apply :
Issue known :
- 2003-11-22 - Version 2.0.4
- fix topics count and forum link type hit count not displayed when caches used
- fix moving cats and forums in forum extended admin
2003-11-13 - Version 2.0.4 - RC 2
- add a cache system for tables : categories, forums, themes, and words
- fix : standard forums admin : icons not saved
- fix : extended forums admin : some forums options were showing in categories if topic display order was installed
- fix : extended forums admin : sql generated if no use of real subforums was wrong
2003-11-10 - Version 2.0.4-RC
- fix topic title viewable in search results
- unqualify some path to images in admin context
- centralize all admin auth definition in def_auth.php (for further management of presets)
- add the forum icon feature
- add a more easy-to-use facultative forum administration