[MOD DB] 2.0.6 to 2.0.4 : Categories hierarchy v 2.0.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
modenaf1

Post by modenaf1 »

Im an extreme n00b.

how exactly do i install this? just download it, unzip it, and ftp it to my "phpBB2" directory?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Ouch no :) : just have an eye to this toturials : If you have no modifications installed yet at your forum, I also recommand to use easymod, which is an automatic installer (sql stuff will still remain at your charge :)).
Deriel

Post by Deriel »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: You will find them in functions.php, function display_index(), one for grouped moderators, the other for individual moderator.

special note : it seems you've got a heavy consumption on extra sql requests (seems to be 3 of them) which doesn't seems to be relative to categories hierarchy, nor to PCP : actually, on my productive boards, I've got a reverse percentage between php and sql (sql consumption time is between 10 and 20 % of the page generation time). With all the mods installed on the demo board (calendar, split, PCP, categories hierarchy, etc.), I have 26 requests on new entry, and 23 on refresh. Could you identify them ? I want to be sure it is not linked to one of my mods :).

Thanks for the answers!

I'll do a test: install a fresh board with just the Categorias MOD. I *think* that's my MySQL server (it's different from the web server) is overloaded.

EDITED: yes, I thing that should be it. With only Categories MOD installed:

Code: Select all

Page generation time: 0.634s (PHP: 26% - SQL: 74%) - SQL queries: 15 - GZIP enabled - Debug on
I think I must attend to my MySQL server :( Thanks for the help!
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You're welcome ;).
seawind2

Post by seawind2 »

This is an awesome mod (v 2.0.0)! Had some difficulties using EasyMod starting around line 4881 and some "couldn't find" errors...but did some manual editing and finally got it to work! Absolutely love it!

My question is in regards to how the sub-categories are viewed. Is there a way to split-out the sub-categories from the forums when viewing a category. For instance, this is how it's viewed now:

Category 1
       Forum 1.1
       Forum 1.2
       Forum 1.3
       Category 1.1
       Category 1.2
       Category 1.3
I'd like the Categories split out from the forum list like they appear on the index page. Something like this:

Category 1
       Forum 1.1
       Forum 1.2
       Forum 1.3

Category 1.1
           Forum 1.1.1

Category 1.2
           Forum 1.2.1

Category 1.3
I guess what I want is to be able to Full Pack the index page, Medium Pack the Category 1 page and split out the sub-categories. Is this possible? (Hope I explained this right :? ) Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks again for a fantastic mod!
Kim
Terrorscream

Post by Terrorscream »

This is tooooooo hard,i don't know what i'm doing or anything.
danb00

Post by danb00 »

i get a wonderfull

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/danb00.34sp.com/httpdocs/phpBB2/index.php on line 76
328ti

Post by 328ti »

Terrorscream wrote: This is tooooooo hard,i don't know what i'm doing or anything.
You don't say where you are having problems.
I found the easiest way to intall this mod was to first install

EasyMOD alpha3 v0.0.10a
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=125071

This allowed me to install the mod on 3 messages boards in literally 2 minutes each.
Except for a minor problem in one which may have been caused by a previous mod that I did not apply correctly, it loaded flawlessly. Plus the error was quickly discovered with the help of Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr. Depending on how many mods you have installed, YMMV.

I really enjoy working the phpBB and the whole community for the support that is available.
...steven
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> danb00 : probably some code inserted at the wrong place, or a /* you forget to copy :).

> seawind2 : in first place, the alpha was doing this, and this was quite ugly indeed :). That's why I overwrited the splited view to the letter stage of developpement in forums, and let it only on index page. All must stand in the build_index() func of functions.php btw, but I have not the time yet to redig the code in order to reactivate this. Feel free to test it by your side ;).
danb00

Post by danb00 »

i sorted it the easy way :)

installed it with easy mod then copied files that were overwritten to my online forum :)

easymod is good!!

installed your mod in less than 30 seconds!!

thanks for your help, and the other times you helped me :)
oangia

Post by oangia »

modified phpBB 2.0.4 files pack
modified phpBB 2.0.5 files pack
modified phpBB 2.0.6 files pack

arent these above were installed as premod?
i try to install this mod twice but i still getting an error..
first i make as a fresh install to original phpbb206 but still getting error ..
after that i try to download 2.06 modified above and replacing w/ files in origial phpbb206 but i still got the same following error...
i wonder is there a subfolder/files in /includes/ that you didnt list or attached to the pack or something? or i did something wrong during the process?
/mods_settings/
Warning: main(./includes/mods_settings/mod_categories_hierarchy.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/forum/public_html/206/index.php on line 136

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening './includes/mods_settings/mod_categories_hierarchy.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/forum/public_html/206/index.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/forum/public_html/206/index.php:136) in /home/forum/public_html/206/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/forum/public_html/206/index.php:136) in /home/forum/public_html/206/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/forum/public_html/206/index.php:136) in /home/forum/public_html/206/includes/page_header.php on line 478

Warning: main(./includes/mods_settings/mod_categories_hierarchy.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/forum/public_html/206/includes/page_header.php on line 482

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening './includes/mods_settings/mod_categories_hierarchy.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/forum/public_html/206/includes/page_header.php on line 482

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register
Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Modified files pack are not premodded phpBB. Please follow the mod description.
seawind2

Post by seawind2 »

> seawind2 : in first place, the alpha was doing this, and this was quite ugly indeed . That's why I overwrited the splited view to the letter stage of developpement in forums, and let it only on index page. All must stand in the build_index() func of functions.php btw, but I have not the time yet to redig the code in order to reactivate this. Feel free to test it by your side .

LOL...I would love to be able to do this, but I count myself lucky that I even got this mod installed! I'm new to this coding, and while I am a little familiar with some HTLM programming, this stuff is beyond me.

So, I'll just stick it out with what I've got unless someone else is kind enough to figure out the coding for splitting out the subcategories. :lol:

Thanks, Ptirhiik, for a great mod and your time.
Kim
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

i need someones moddified index.php on digitaltwilight for catagoie hirerarchy 2.0.0

i get this code when i tryed to do i my self:
Code:
//-- mod : categories hierarchy --------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..................../htdocs/forums/index.php:2) in ....................../thezion/htdocs/forums/includes/sessions.php on line 293

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..................../htdocs/forums/index.php:2) in .........................../htdocs/forums/includes/sessions.php on line 294

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ................/htdocs/forums/index.php:2) in ............../htdocs/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 475

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ......................./htdocs/forums/index.php:2) in ............/htdocs/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 477

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ............................/htdocs/forums/index.php:2) in ......................../htdocs/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 478

please can someone send there index.php to my email tylerking@macmail.com or post a link for it here
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You have probably inserted the "//-- mod : (../..)" before the "<?php", in place of after. Recheck your files.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”