Shop Modification 2.6.0 [Dev]

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zarath

Shop Modification 2.6.0 [Dev]

Post by Zarath »

Due to recent changes in our policy to not allow Non-DBAL Compliant MOD's to be listed here @phpBB, (see here for details) this thread is being locked down and all download links removed.

To the author of this MOD: Once/when/if you have completed the upgrade to use the phpBB DBAL, and your MOD conforms to all the standard MOD Template standards, please send me (AbelaJohnB) a PM for reviewing your updated code and further directions to continue the development of your MOD here @phpBB.Com

Thank You.
AbelaJohnB
phpBB MOD Team Leader

Ideas and suggestions are welcomed. No support is to be given to older version of the shop in this thread.

I removed the changes/currently working on for now. :)

Zarath
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Hi. I was wondering if it was possible that you take a look at building the next version, on top of Cash Mod instead of Points System. This requires almost no effort on your part. Specifically, the only things i would suggest offhand is that you keep the value 'user_points' in a variable that you declare at some point, and use that variable throughout the mod, and that for the name of the points, you do a lookup on a different table than config. I am -> <- this close to getting cash mod version 2 done, which (hopefully) will be viewed as insanely more powerful than points mod.

Anyway. if you're interested and/or want any more info, please contact me.

Thanks.
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
Insane MoFo
I've Been Banned!

Post by Insane MoFo »

Well I personally would like it to beable to go both ways. It would be neat to have a selection form under the admin control panel you know.
Zarath

Post by Zarath »

Hm, I'm kind of confused. Why would you like me to add the ability to use user_cash instead of user_points when you posted in your other thread (that I just read) that you were going to make it so people can set up the column as user_points? -_-

I could do it, but I'd rather not if there's no reason for it.

Zarath
Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore »

Zarath wrote: Hm, I'm kind of confused. Why would you like me to add the ability to use user_cash instead of user_points when you posted in your other thread (that I just read) that you were going to make it so people can set up the column as user_points? -_-

I could do it, but I'd rather not if there's no reason for it.

Zarath

People would be able to set up user_points, easily, yes, which is why i'm saying
Xore wrote: This requires almost no effort on your part

All i'm suggesting is that instead of hard-coding in your database queries as 'user_points' you consider stuffing it in a variable somewhere at the beginning of your scripts and use the variable instead. If you don't, it doesn't hurt either way, it's just a suggestion.

Compatibility with user_cash is irrelevant, i'm not asking you to do that.

Basically what i'm leading into with this is that I forsee people wanting to hand out different types of points for different things, and then allow their users to buy different types of things with their different types of points.

I'm not requesting that you make anything like this now, it's just something/an idea i'm throwing out for you to think about, that you might want to consider coding at some later time.

Cheers

Xore
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

Zarath, can you make a simple job/class thing...

its that people can go to a shop and "buy" jobs...

but instead of the job icon displaying with the other items, it has its own spot..

like Job: [job name] [job icon here] or somethin like that... probably ontop of the the Points:[points here] thingy in ur profile

also, can you make the shop to where u buy the jobs like kinda seperate from the other shops in the.. so it stands out...

another idea ^^

i got a shop called "wizard's tower"

and all items there are mantles, robes, staves and rod...

can u make a seperator kinda thing so it seperates the robes from the staves from the mantles from the rods....

i know ppl can just say "why dont u make a new shop with each category in its own shop"

well, its a wizards store.. one stop place for all wizards =P

also, if i do that, then i would have lotsa shops cuz i have to seperates armors, clothes, swords, ninja swords, katanas, knight swords, etc...

the seperator can be an image, a <hr>, or just list the items by all the robes first, then all the staves...

also, i arrange my items by cost.. so can u make it compatible to that.. so even if the shop is arange by cost, it still seperates the different item times..
james_isaac

Post by james_isaac »

My suggestons for Shop Mod:
  • Make 1 sticky topic
  • Buy [img] code in your sig.
  • Buy a glow tag for in your posts.
  • Buy some wierd decorations for Christmas/Birthday that appear by your post on that day.
  • Italics username
  • Split colour/glow for username and title. E.g. you could have "This" glowing red, and then "Guy" glowing blue.
Thanks for reading,
James
I have no sig. Damn, ruined it.
ilpil

Post by ilpil »

I like theanimewizard's idea with a job shop. Like you buy the job "Warrior" for lets say 50 Gold, and then you can upgrade to a "Knight" for 150 Gold, etc. And if you want to be a new job class like "Wizard" you'd have to start over with a "Mage" for 50 gold etc :)

But maybe this sounds more like a separate mod rather than something that should be included in the item shop.
AzNPyNoYBoY

Post by AzNPyNoYBoY »

Ability to place in item stats.
GoldenSun Odyssey
Join our forums as well!

theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

ilpil wrote: I like theanimewizard's idea with a job shop. Like you buy the job "Warrior" for lets say 50 Gold, and then you can upgrade to a "Knight" for 150 Gold, etc. And if you want to be a new job class like "Wizard" you'd have to start over with a "Mage" for 50 gold etc :)

But maybe this sounds more like a separate mod rather than something that should be included in the item shop.

oh yeh, i like ur idea...

u cant just jump from a warrior to a mage

u havta have the prequisites.
CrossRoc

Post by CrossRoc »

Sorry but i am confused. Is the new version here?

</========\>
Thanks,
Crossroc
Suede

Post by Suede »

have a few ideas Zarath - but will just jot one down for now :)

Is it possible to have an up/down capability for folks to bump their items up or down on their list? This way if an admin sets 3 items to show in the avatar area then folks can choose which 3... or somehow sticky them to the top hehe.

as it is now if you have multiples of an item and sell one the remaining items gets appended back to the bottom of the list.

just an idea :)

thanks again for all the great stuff Zarath, you've made my board a lot of fun for a lot of folks :)

- Suede
wira_cg2
Name: wiramax

Post by wira_cg2 »

Pay for Download

user can buy file for download in item shop with their gold

that just my idea :P
Is it possible ?
kaisuny

Post by kaisuny »

Suggestion were rejected and deleted accordingly.
Last edited by kaisuny on Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

kaisuny wrote: My suggestion:

Users can upload images so that users can exchange their second hand goods or buy it with their points with a user control panel.

Thanks.

so like ppl can upload their own items?

then whats the point of shop if ppl can upload their own images?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”