[DISC] RPG Stats/Battle mod and more!

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Epostile

Post by Epostile » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Well either yoru using the DBAL version.. in which case uninstall the mod and install the orginal version or your template file (included with the mod) isnt in your template/admin directory in which case you should put it there asap :)

To MG.. Shop Mod 2.6.0 has problems with this Mod.. for the most part people have used shop mod 1.2.0 and you wont find many people who can or will help you with shop mod 2.6.0.. I suggest you uninstall it and install 1.2.0 and then install the various mods for the shop mod to make it like 2.6.0

Personally shop mod 2.6.0 is too much hassle for its worth in this situation and I gave up on it pretty quickly...

Sorry
DERP Fantasy Gaming
The home of Fantasy Gaming.

The Other Guy

Post by The Other Guy » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:54 am

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THIS!!!???

help?
Er... yeah.

SilverbergHeir

Post by SilverbergHeir » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:21 am

Epostile wrote: Well either yoru using the DBAL version.. in which case uninstall the mod and install the orginal version or your template file (included with the mod) isnt in your template/admin directory in which case you should put it there asap :)

Well, I don't know what you mean by DBAL, but I checked the admin_rpg_stats file and the rpg_body_(whatever) file and both were in their place. Everything else works except the editing stats.

Alex Riddle
I've Been Banned!

Post by Alex Riddle » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:40 am

Can someone please put the download on there site because I cant download things from an FTP.

Beanz

Post by Beanz » Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:34 am

What am I supposed to set an Arena Ticket as? Armour? Weapon?

Bean

MG_Peter

Post by MG_Peter » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:40 am

back to my problem: and what with these instructions on page 79 of this topic??

seteo-bloke
I've Been Banned!

Post by seteo-bloke » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:09 pm

Beanz wrote: What am I supposed to set an Arena Ticket as? Armour? Weapon?

Bean

You set it to 'n/a'.

seteo-bloke
I've Been Banned!

Post by seteo-bloke » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:12 pm

SilverbergHeir wrote:
Epostile wrote:Well either yoru using the DBAL version.. in which case uninstall the mod and install the orginal version or your template file (included with the mod) isnt in your template/admin directory in which case you should put it there asap :)

Well, I don't know what you mean by DBAL, but I checked the admin_rpg_stats file and the rpg_body_(whatever) file and both were in their place. Everything else works except the editing stats.

On Moogie's site there is the main download for the mod (which is the DBAL version) and just below it there's a link to the original non-DBAL version which is known to work correctly.

ftp://ftp.shiningforcecentral.com/pub/p ... _phpbb.zip

Beanz

Post by Beanz » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:20 pm

seteo-bloke wrote:
Beanz wrote:What am I supposed to set an Arena Ticket as? Armour? Weapon?

Bean

You set it to 'n/a'.

It says:

You have entered a Battle Effect, but selected no Item Type and/or Classes.

xellos16

Post by xellos16 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:07 pm

I have two serious problems. One is that the table for the view profile is messed up and I don't know how to fix it.

http://rpg-gamers.net/forum/profile.php ... rofile&u=2

I know that the problem is some where in the templates/BBTech/profile_view_body.tpl
but I have no clue as to what the problem is.

Also, once I installed the mod, I no long have access to create an avatar. I went back and checked the code, but something is not right. I have the Avatar control panel but I don't have the part where I need to place the link for my avatar. Could someone help me out please?

MG_Peter

Post by MG_Peter » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:09 pm

i've just reinstalled my forum again, because when i've installed Shop Mod 120 and Usable Items mod it appers on the main site (index):

Code: Select all

Database Connection Error! 
Unknown column 'accessforum' in 'field list'
now:
i will install:
-cash mod 221
-shop mod 120
-usable items
-rpg stats and arena ticket
I WANT TO MAKE IT CORRECT and i'm asking: "should i use another install instructions than this from oryginal files??? for usable items and shop mod???

Epostile

Post by Epostile » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:56 pm

MG_Peter
  • As long as you install the RPG mod with a vanilla phpBB fourm you shoudl have no problems. But please for your own sake familarise yourself with Moogies instructions as they are quite comprehensive and you shouldnt really have much problems as long as you follow them. Make sure too that you follow the Cash Mod edits completely and always cross reference the Cash Mod Edits with the main instructions. the chances are that you will have a slight problem when you come to editing the viewtopic files, but if you do post it on here and either myself or someone else will be able to correct it for you.

Remember to run the SQL edits BEFORE you edit any files and ALWAYS keep a back up, theres nothing worse that spending hours editing the files and then realised its all fluffed up
Beanz
  • Dont add a battle effect, there should be none as you cant realy attack someone with a ticket. It should be set as a normal item, with no user class's required, no MP or Battle effect numbers. It should just be a general bear basic item
The other guy
  • As with all the beta codes on this site, refer to the front page for the download link
DERP Fantasy Gaming

MG_Peter

Post by MG_Peter » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:19 pm

okey - thanx...
i've installed the cash mod, the shop mod - upgraded it with instructions to version 1.20 ( i watched the topic about cashmod compability) and now when i want to look at the topic it appears:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: attach_setup_viewtopic_auth() in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/g/r/a/granica/htdocs/viewtopic.php on line 151

---why we should make SQL first???-------

Epostile

Post by Epostile » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:26 pm

That looks like its trying to call an includes file from another MOD. Please post that section of code on here for me to have a look at.

The reason in running the SQL edits first is this... If you edit the code first before you do the SQL then the site could simply not work (I've had it before, the sql installer wouldnt work becuase a SQL variable was missing... figures) So thats why its important to run the SQL installers first.. trust me, it saves you alot of headaches
DERP Fantasy Gaming

MG_Peter

Post by MG_Peter » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:16 pm

okey - thanks you all for help,
sorry, that i'm posting here so often, but i want to have it installed correctly,
i've installed this shop 120 correctly - works good with Cash Mod 221,

This error was from attachment mod i think, because i've installed AttachMod - and it work good...

Now:
-i will install Moogie's php Usable Items (non DBAL version - someone posted here that DBAL is bugged) - i will BACKUP all files that should be edited and make everything freom the instructions...
-then i will install RPG Battle Arena and Stats mod....

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”