[DISC] RPG Stats/Battle mod and more!

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
www.pittt.tk

Post by www.pittt.tk »

can anyone help?

auction mod if someone retracts the 1st bid and no-one goes on to bid again the auction says over but no-one is able to pay and the owner cant get their items back as they get an error
check out http://www.pittt.tk

A msg board with loads of mods
Tarí Lúinwë

Post by Tarí Lúinwë »

I cannot find this part of the code in the admin_shop.php. I have looked through the entire thread and didn't see a fix for it. Would someone be kind enough to post what it is that I'm missing I would greatly appreciate it.
if ((!is_null($name)) && (strlen($name) > 2) && ($name != $shopitem))
Moogie

Post by Moogie »

What error does the auctioneer get?
I've not encountered this problem, as most of the auctions at my forums get loads of bids ;) I'm happy to try and fix this (though it won't be until Monday now), since it may end up effecting my forums too ;) You should find, however, that the seller can shut the auction down 3 days after the auction ended.

Zarath: Hehe, I don't use messengers, except ICQ - which I seldom open as I get tired of the masses of messages from people who've visited my site and want to be 'friends'. No offense to them or anything, but I don't have enough time for quite so many friends, I barely have enough time for my good friends! :lol: Thanks for the support :) (and to everyone else who's been supportive and understanding :))

Mastro: Thanks for the apology. I should also apologise for ranting back at you - I guess we all post stuff out of frustration from time to time ;)

Just uploading the latest zip now, and updating the mini-site thing, and auctions script. My connection is being totally pants, so the changes won't be up for around half an hour or so... so best not to try download the zips etc until then ;)

Trying desperately to find those extra animations theanimewizard sent me O.o;; If I don't find them today, I'll hunt around again next week ;)

Anyhoo, new stuff at:
www.shiningforcecentral.com/phpbbmods
in about a half hour or so.

Off for the weekend (visiting a couple of those good friends who I ought to make more time for... actually some friends I first met online :D ) so TTFN ;)
Moogie
pokemaster

Post by pokemaster »

moogie can you make it so that this rpg mod can be compatible with shop mod 2.6.0 'cos i can't find shop mod 1.2.0 and the one that was linked in this topic before wont work for me!

thanx
Moogie

Post by Moogie »

:roll: For the nth time, no. Sorry, I don't use the new shop at my forums, nor do I plan to.

Note: the files have now uploaded, 'bout time too ;)
Moogie
joedagreatone

Post by joedagreatone »

Can anyone please post all the fixes for 2.0.6 please. I tried to undo 2.0.6 but failed due to instructions such as
----[REPLACE ALL BETWEEN]---
Blah blah
---[AND]---
blah

So i obviously cant go back on that. So please someone post the fixes as i really love the RPG mod.
cinder

Post by cinder »

Thanks for the 5th time Moogie.. you're the nicest person ever.

People need to understand that this is one person supporting this large advanced modification. I'm so impressed that she managed to help everyone, out of her precious time, too. Thanks again..
malitic

Post by malitic »

joedagreatone wrote: Can anyone please post all the fixes for 2.0.6 please. I tried to undo 2.0.6 but failed due to instructions such as
----[REPLACE ALL BETWEEN]---
Blah blah
---[AND]---
blah

So i obviously cant go back on that. So please someone post the fixes as i really love the RPG mod.

I have 2.0.6 all you have to do is search for partial lines (keep makeing the lines smaller until you find it) you will find everything just take your time.

so if you have to find a section like :

Code: Select all

if( $board_config['points_post'] )
		{
			$points = abs( ( $mode == 'newtopic' ) ? $board_config['points_topic'] : $board_config['points_reply'] );

if( $userdata['session_logged_in'] )
			{
				$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "
						SET user_points = user_points + $points
						WHERE user_id = $userdata[user_id]";
				if( !$db->sql_query($sql) )
				{
					message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not update user points', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
				}
			}
		}
just try picking a unique part of it such as

GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not update user points
okay

nobody is gonna post the fixes cause it is easy enough to do if you work a little while at it just take your time, its not a 5 minute thing.
You have been reading this thread for Image Minutes and Image Image
www.pittt.tk

Post by www.pittt.tk »

Moogie wrote: What error does the auctioneer get?

I'll ask him he says its a debug error of some kind
check out http://www.pittt.tk

A msg board with loads of mods
Shaftsbury

Post by Shaftsbury »

I've been trying to follow this thread for a couple of weeks now and I thought I'd add my thanks to all who have worked on the these mods :)

A job well done!

I would also like a bit of advice on setting up my new forum. I installed the latest version of phpBB, the latest version of the "Cash Mod" and because I couldn't find a working link to the older version of the "Shop Mod" I now have the new version installed and everything is working perfectly so far. Here's my question.. Is it better for me to try and uninstall the new Shop Mod before I install the latest RPG Mod? Does it not work at all with the new Shop Mod or is there only minor problems?

My forum is still under construction so a major change could still be done.

Thanks
joedagreatone

Post by joedagreatone »

right ive done that, well I read the whole topic 8O and i did the ones i found, but admin_shop brings me an error when i try make an item, shall i use the old one?
danb00

Post by danb00 »

ok right i am maiing this easy mod compatable for you lot :)

give me till tommoz, it's half done :)

thought i would help you lot out!
malitic

Post by malitic »

joedagreatone wrote: right ive done that, well I read the whole topic 8O and i did the ones i found, but admin_shop brings me an error when i try make an item, shall i use the old one?

Yes it has not been updated for the new shop mod
You have been reading this thread for Image Minutes and Image Image
OmegaQuest

Re: ok

Post by OmegaQuest »

Suede wrote:
garofwar wrote:I download the AUCTION mod..
did a test run so when i bid i get this on the top off the page

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/rpgwo/public_html/db/mysql4.php on line 214

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rpgwo/public_html/db/mysql4.php:214) in /home/rpgwo/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rpgwo/public_html/db/mysql4.php:214) in /home/rpgwo/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 487

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/rpgwo/public_html/db/mysql4.php:214) in /home/rpgwo/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 488

Im getting this too - can anyone help? Im using phpbb 2.0.3... my php is PHP Version 4.3.0 - I even swapped out mysql.php with the 2.0.4 one but that didnt help hehe ;-p

I want this mod bad, lol - so if you can, gimme a hand if you have any ideas. Thanks!

I Also get this same error, when I place a Bid on an auction
OmegaQuest

Post by OmegaQuest »

Suede wrote: Garofwar

dunno if this hoses anything else [so far its all good for me!] but heres the fix I used

in your config.php file change

$dbms = 'mysql4';

to

$dbms = 'mysql';

Cheers!

I tryed this and so far no errors, Thanks

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”