[DEV] RPG Battle Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Locked
JuniorZ
Registered User
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:11 pm
Location: http://localhost/
Contact:

Yeah!!!

Post by JuniorZ »

I'm developing a simple RPG Battle MOD and in 2 days of hard programing I maked 90%
I'll post it here when is finish, ok??

Screenshots, later (2 days :wink: )
SuportephpBB.org
Sorry by the Horrible English. ;)
Kage Musha
Registered User
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:03 pm
Location: Someone's Heart
Contact:

Re: Yeah!!!

Post by Kage Musha »

JuniorZ wrote: I'm developing a simple RPG Battle MOD and in 2 days of hard programing I maked 90%
I'll post it here when is finish, ok??

Screenshots, later (2 days :wink: )
You should post it in a new thread ;)
https://www.rpggarden.com Development: Battle Mod
Released: PS2 Theme
Image Search b4 asking (less work for us :lol: )
Plz do not abuse my IM mediums or I'll have to block ya :evil:
eXplosive
Registered User
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2002 4:03 am
Contact:

Re: Yeah!!!

Post by eXplosive »

JuniorZ wrote: I'm developing a simple RPG Battle MOD and in 2 days of hard programing I maked 90%
I'll post it here when is finish, ok??

Screenshots, later (2 days :wink: )

I don't think you made anything good within 2 days (no offense). Try and prove me wrong. :)
sj26
Registered User
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2001 4:06 pm
Location: /dev/cpu/[0-9]+ :D
Contact:

Post by sj26 »

amorya wrote: There could be a check box in the admin panel (or evem better, one per forum), saying "Allow battles in normal thread". Where the edit, reply, delete buttons are could be one called fight. When you click it, the other guy gets a fight request (maybe it could send him a URL via private message?). Once he clicks it, the battle starts on another screen. When the battle is done, the result is posted back like I described.

I see that being useful for settling arguments, and it'd bring a bit of life into any role-playing threads. It also gives more community feeling, as people can see what happens in other battles. Now, personally, I'd like this to be the only way to fight, but since other people probably wouldn't like it, this brings me to...

There would also be an arena button just loose on the main forums page - this'd take you to the place with stats, equipment, etc, and let you fight without the result being posted in a thread. That's similar to what you were discribing before.

Another way to fight would be the memberlist. In each person's profile, there would be a fight button. This'd fight them without posting in a thread, too.

Amorya


Yeah, I'l consider this, thankx ;)
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
Reaper
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:44 am
Location: EST

Post by Reaper »

Trev Zeta wrote: A suggestion: There's another forum type out there, that has this mod fully functional.

The type is Burning Board.

Here's a direct link to the forum with the mod:

http://www.wbbmods.com/thread.php?board ... readid=338

You'll need to register to that forum to get it. However, it WOULD be of great help to you for any tweaking you may need to do.


hmm, I can't access mod's section(forum). I'm logged in, but I still can't. I have 0 posts.
sj26
Registered User
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2001 4:06 pm
Location: /dev/cpu/[0-9]+ :D
Contact:

Post by sj26 »

Trev Zeta wrote: A suggestion: There's another forum type out there, that has this mod fully functional.

The type is Burning Board.

Here's a direct link to the forum with the mod:

http://www.wbbmods.com/thread.php?board ... readid=338

You'll need to register to that forum to get it. However, it WOULD be of great help to you for any tweaking you may need to do.


The mod you pointed out isn't an RPG mod, it is simply a HP/MP/EXP mod, generating this from posting stats. I want to make a mod so you can battle, have items, etc. This mod also exists for phpBB2 - have a look at phpBBHacks.com.
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
amorya
Registered User
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:18 pm

Post by amorya »

sj26 wrote:
amorya wrote: There could be a check box in the admin panel (or evem better, one per forum), saying "Allow battles in normal thread". Where the edit, reply, delete buttons are could be one called fight. When you click it, the other guy gets a fight request (maybe it could send him a URL via private message?). Once he clicks it, the battle starts on another screen. When the battle is done, the result is posted back like I described.

I see that being useful for settling arguments, and it'd bring a bit of life into any role-playing threads. It also gives more community feeling, as people can see what happens in other battles. Now, personally, I'd like this to be the only way to fight, but since other people probably wouldn't like it, this brings me to...

There would also be an arena button just loose on the main forums page - this'd take you to the place with stats, equipment, etc, and let you fight without the result being posted in a thread. That's similar to what you were discribing before.

Another way to fight would be the memberlist. In each person's profile, there would be a fight button. This'd fight them without posting in a thread, too.

Amorya


Yeah, I'l consider this, thankx ;)


Great, thanks. BTW, will there be any problems applying this to a board with a style other than Subsilver? My board is quite heavily integrated into my site. I don't mind doing the hacking myself, but we will get given the mod code and told where to put it, right?

Amorya.
The Zen cPanel Templating System - want to write cpanel skins using the PHPBB templating engine?
sj26
Registered User
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2001 4:06 pm
Location: /dev/cpu/[0-9]+ :D
Contact:

Post by sj26 »

You should be able to pick up what is happenening from the template files ;)
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
Tsuki no Hikari
Registered User
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:46 am
Contact:

Post by Tsuki no Hikari »

Is there anything else I can assist with in the non-coding sense? I'd still like to help some..
sj26
Registered User
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2001 4:06 pm
Location: /dev/cpu/[0-9]+ :D
Contact:

Post by sj26 »

Yeah, you said you were going to do armour and shields in your last RPG mod post... that would be neet... please :D ... I'm no good at that stuff!

You'll also be one of the first to see the beta... ;)
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
Tsuki no Hikari
Registered User
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:46 am
Contact:

Post by Tsuki no Hikari »

Sure thing.. I think I'll do a little of it on paper this time.. Maybe I can find a clearer way to integrate some things..

Oh yeah, and I just registered at your forum. Since my identity was taken there already I'm just Hikari..
Tsuki no Hikari
Registered User
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:46 am
Contact:

Post by Tsuki no Hikari »

While I'm at it, I'd like to know anything you're maybe confused about or just don't know if you're reading it like I intended to. I'll explain them in detail in the 3rd page..
sj26
Registered User
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2001 4:06 pm
Location: /dev/cpu/[0-9]+ :D
Contact:

Post by sj26 »

I think I've finally managed to get my head around it all ;)

At the moment I'm making the item system. Basically an item can raise/lower any stat by a fixed amount, or by a certain amount per level, either of who's using it or who it's being used on.
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
Tsuki no Hikari
Registered User
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:46 am
Contact:

Post by Tsuki no Hikari »

Alrighty, but I was going to put in a more detailed explanation of the frames and stuff in this page anyway ^_^;;.
sj26
Registered User
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2001 4:06 pm
Location: /dev/cpu/[0-9]+ :D
Contact:

Post by sj26 »

kewl.
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”