[DEV] Extra field in user information

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
talia679

Post by talia679 »

What a great thread! Can't wait to try this with my board!
Thanks, Talia
Tag You're It Writing Community || TYI Forums
Taleria - Talia's Gallery of 2000+ Links & 140+ Books
GameCrafters Guild – Gaming info and resources
AliGator

Help - can't get data to show up in the database

Post by AliGator »

Rod wrote: Hi all. Haven't touched my email for a few days as I've been redesigning parts of a website I run!.

Joel (Notion) - Not sure about BBcode off hand. I'll have a look into it at the w/end.

0101 - I'm not entirely sure what you mean, as desean84 said more detail is reqd. But did you make sure you added the sql UPDATE

Code: Select all

$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "
which is in admin_users.php as this is the part which actually updates the database.

Hi Rod I'm having a similar problem with the mod. I've used the RealName release mod, and have added the realname field. However, I can't get the data to show up in the database.

How do I know this? After I register, I pop into my phpbb_users table [actually its called phpbb_v1_users for this test forum] and browse for the latest entry. Under the column user_realname nothing shows up. I've tried several approaches but nothing seems to work. Is this a problem with my database? or how I created the field through MyPhpAdmin (by just using the "Add new Field" option)?

Where in the submission process does the realname field data post to the database?

The registration page is located at http://demo.gbuyer.com/version1 - if that helps. Also I can zip up my modified files if need to look at them.

Thanks Rod for all your help on this thread. Hope you can help me out too.

Best Regards,
pilot

Member Profile only seen when logged in

Post by pilot »

Hi

I have added this mod, and works a treat, and thanks. I have added ten new fields to registration. The only thing I want to add is to have to log on before you see member profile.

I have tried this

#
#-----[ OPEN profile.php ]-------
#

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
if ( $mode == 'viewprofile' )
        {
                include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/usercp_viewprofile.'.$phpEx);
                exit;
        }

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
if ( $mode == 'viewprofile' )
         {
         if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] && $mode == "viewprofile" )
              {
              $zuid = intval($HTTP_GET_VARS[POST_USERS_URL]);
                      header("Location: " . append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=profile.$phpEx&mode=viewprofile&u=$zuid", true));
              }
            else
                {
                include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/usercp_viewprofile.'.$phpEx);
                exit;
                }
         }
but get an error Parse error: parse error in /usr/home/backroom/public_html/phpBB2/profile.php on line 78

I would greatfuly appreciate help on this one - thanks in advance

Cliff
desean84

Post by desean84 »

as this is unrelated, I have sent you the code for Only Registered members can see member profile in a PM. Pls check.
maniacmanson

problem

Post by maniacmanson »

i installed the real-name-mod, and now i can't change my profile-infos, like, name for example

when i login as admin and go to the admin-panel i can change everything

so probably its just a lil mistake, but where do i have to look? in which files and around what line?

ic checked twice all things that ive changed, but cant find the bug

thx a lot
maniacmanson

Post by maniacmanson »

after finding out how to enable the debug modus i found the problem by myself

thx anyway ^^

Post by 0101 »

Rod : thanks, ... your mod works like a charm ... four words for you mod hunters & appliers : if tired go sleep! i can't believe i was that stupid ... :)

the only thing that doesn't work is user administration panel, and that's because of the 2.0.1 upgrade ... i guess i'll fix it up soon ...
Last edited by 0101 on Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 0101 »

can i please delete this?
LS1 TA

Re: [DEV] Extra field in user information

Post by LS1 TA »

Rod wrote: If anyone wants the field viewed in other placess (such as the memberlist then let me know.

Hi Rod,
I'm trying to do something a little different with your mod, and could use some help..

If you're not too busy, take a look:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 808#147808

Thanks,
Dewayne
Brandons
I am too lazy to register

Post by Brandons »

Just wanted to comment on this tutorial and mod. I just installed it.

Had no problems whatsoever.
However ran into a few "member no" that were not turned red in color.
So that became a tiny bit confusing.. had to double check once.

But great job. It works awesome.

I just created: Favorite Band

In registration..profile..and viewtopic
LS1 TA

Post by LS1 TA »

Rod,
I have a problem with this mod. Please read my post in the support forum.

http://phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=151223#151223
scottyman

Post by scottyman »

Cheers people -
Have had a little read through (and cloned the interests field) last time around - this seems alot more structured so will try and work off that.

This should be very amusing, as I will be modding the birthday mod, adding "all about me" and various other bits and pieces - but I think I will only do one extra field each time, as anything else is a nightmare!
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
- Douglas Adams RIP
salvatoris

Post by salvatoris »

hello all.

i am very new to phpbb.. and php in general. i am working my through this stuff as i go and after looking about about 50 posts on the subject its all a blur :) so please bear with me if this question has already been answered.

what i am attempting to do seem like it would be simple enough but i cant seem to get it to work on my own. i want to add a field to the memberlist, but i want to add what should be an existing field.. not a totally new one like the real name. i just want to add, and be able to sort by, rank. if possible i would like to add it to the usergroup view as well.. on that subject, is there any way to add the sort options that exist in the memberlist to the usergroups?

thanks for your time.
salvatoris

Post by salvatoris »

ok.. i almost have ti working.. i have the ranks in the memberlist.. but it is giving me the rank number not the rank title. i havnt been able to add it to the sort options at all...

i did the steps you listed for adding member_no to the memberlist.. but i sustituted the word rank for member_no. i also tried rank_title, and poster_rank. they gave me an error about being unable to query users.
any suggestions??

EDIT

i got it to let me sort by rank, now.. i just need to make it show the rank title.
Rod
Location: my chair, beside desk, in lounge, upstairs, in house, close to Farnham, just South of London, UK ...

Post by Rod »

Hello All,

I've been away for a short while as I've had masses on at work and haven't sat down at my home computer until now. Have now got some time so can have a look at the problems encountered by some of you.

These probs are because the stuff I posted were for the initial final release of phpBB 2 and some bits have been changed in phpBB 2.1.

Over the next couple of days I'm going to upgrade to phpBB2.1 and will check through all my mods to make them work for 2.1

Will get back toyou all soon.

Rod.
Rod [aka Kinger]
Dogs have owners, but cats have staff!

Mods
'Real Name' Mod here. Discussion here.
'Date/Time Last Visited' Mod here. Discussion here.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”