[DEV] Points System

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Kage Musha

Re: hehe

Post by Kage Musha »

DorG wrote: I have 20 installed mods, well around that, so maybe that can give a problem....WIll try reinstalling the whole forum witjh backup...
I have around 30 MODs and it works for me. Think you went wrong somewhere :?
https://www.rpggarden.com Development: Battle Mod
Released: PS2 Theme
Image Search b4 asking (less work for us :lol: )
Plz do not abuse my IM mediums or I'll have to block ya :evil:
Flipper

Post by Flipper »

Has anyone found a problem with this mod and the HP mod? After installing this on a forum, I found that when you viewed posts, all the tables were re-arranged. here is the MOD code causing the problems (in file viewtopic_body.tpl):

Code: Select all

<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />{postrow.RANK_IMAGE}{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<br /><br />{postrow.POSTER_JOINED}<br />{postrow.POSTER_POSTS}<br />{postrow.POSTER_FROM}{postrow.POINTS}{postrow.DONATE_POINTS}</span><br /></td>
The only other mod installed is HP, MP and EXP. We are using phpBB 2.0.1 and the subSilver style (though others are installed).

Any help would be grateful as it is a great mod.

~Flipper

Edit: http://members.lycos.co.uk/sergiusz2002/screen.jpg <- A screenshot of problem.
napy8gen

Post by napy8gen »

zemaj wrote: Heh.

I noticed this mod on phpbbhacks.com and went searching here to see if there was any dev topic for it. Looks like I got lucky!

The reason for this is that I have a similar system on my board and is similarities where so amazing that I had to come looking for this!

I've had a similar thing on my site since RC 2. My points system was initially just a count similar to the post count, but then I updated it so that it could be traded and I gave mod the ability to fine people if they did stuff bad and admins the ability to reward people with points.

It's also been a major part of my site in terms of rewards for games etc...

I've also recently finnished my purchases system whereby people can buy stuff. That was always the intention, becuase otherwise points become totally meaningless.

Anyways, enough talk. You can see it at: http://palgn.com/forums and http://palgn.com/main/spoons.php (sorry, you'll need to register to view it :roll: it won't show up otherwise for obvious reasons - no stats to show :: EDIT :: - opps, I just checked and you don't need to be logged in to view that page :roll: I thought I coded that in, but it looks I didn't. Well that's good for you though, cause you don't need to register. (note to self - stop rambling) (note to self2 - don't use brackets inside brackets) (note to self3 - see note to self1)).

My points are called $poons. It's just funny that the systems were so similiar that I had to show my system here. It works really well on my site and is helped a lot by a few of my other home made mods.

-zemaj

i found zemaj ideas is very very cool!
i talked to him and he said that its hard coded and he wouldnt code for phpBB2 standards.
anyway..if you guys interested also..what if you guys develop the same point system like he does...
points that rewards person on his achievement...really cool..
napy8gen

Post by napy8gen »

Flipper wrote: Has anyone found a problem with this mod and the HP mod? After installing this on a forum, I found that when you viewed posts, all the tables were re-arranged. here is the MOD code causing the problems (in file viewtopic_body.tpl):

<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />{postrow.RANK_IMAGE}{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<br /><br />{postrow.POSTER_JOINED}<br />{postrow.POSTER_POSTS}<br />{postrow.POSTER_FROM}{postrow.POINTS}{postrow.DONATE_POINTS}</span><br /></td>
The only other mod installed is HP, MP and EXP. We are using phpBB 2.0.1 and the subSilver style (though others are installed).

~Flipper

Edit: http://members.lycos.co.uk/sergiusz2002/screen.jpg <- A screenshot of problem.

1st. you should not post problems with other mods in point system dev forum...

2nd, looks like table problems...try to understand table behaviour more..plays with <tr> and <td> often and you should overcome your problems...
eXplosive

Post by eXplosive »

Flipper wrote: Has anyone found a problem with this mod and the HP mod? After installing this on a forum, I found that when you viewed posts, all the tables were re-arranged. here is the MOD code causing the problems (in file viewtopic_body.tpl):

~Flipper

The points system mod does not deal with any tables, so just try a fresh install and edit it carefully.
Yd1

Post by Yd1 »

i also had both problems, the first (could not obtain post/user info) only needs to run mod_install.php, and the second, to delete the extra </td> that is after {postrow.donate_points}
KiaX7

Post by KiaX7 »

Well look. I have installed the Ponit System. Right?... so i fomented the posting saing: If you refered a user to the forum, and he register to the forum and post at last 10 post, i give you 10 or 30 points. Right?... ok

How can i do, to add a file when you register, so said some else licke "Refered by". So when the user make 10 post, the Point System give 10 Points to the refered?.

Sorry for the bad englsih... but i speack spanish.
eXplosive

Post by eXplosive »

That would require extra modification, maybe even a new mod. I wont be doing anything like that.
KiaX7

Post by KiaX7 »

Really??... w00w!!!! cool!... look:

In my forum I will want to add these:

:arrow: If you are the user register number "X" than you win "X" Points. (the admin set ej: the register 5, 10, 20, 155 , etc etc).

:arrow: If you make the post number "X" than you win "X" Points. (the admin set ej: the post 220, 228, 350, etc etc etc)

:arrow: If you have "X" number of post than you win "X" Points. (licke the rank)

:arrow: Random. The forum... take a number of logins... rihgt?... eh: 50. So, when you are the user loged (in the day) number 50, than you win "X" number of points.

I dont know if you understand me... but... well i do than i can.

Regards...

John. 8)
eXplosive

Post by eXplosive »

Some of those features sound good, but I wont be making any of them. I'm just working on the core points system. You can post that in the mod request forum, and maybe someone will make it. :)
KiaX7

Post by KiaX7 »

Okis... thanks.
napy8gen

Post by napy8gen »

can you make resync points count...

coz sometime we have deleted usless posts such as repeated posts...
eXplosive

Post by eXplosive »

That is already made, just run update_user_points.php.
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

From what I have read so far, this is way too good mod. I was planning to hack into the code of phpBB2 and implement it myself, but being into phpBB2 for slightly over 2 weeks, I was wondering how good of a job I can do. I am hoping that I do not have to worry from now on.

I have no MODs installed. Mine is a plain vanilla 2.0.1 board. I should have no problems if I follow thi instructions. Right ? :lol: :?:
eXplosive

Post by eXplosive »

How about you try to install it first, then post if you have any problems. :wink:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”