[MOD DB] 2.0.6-2.0.4 : Topic calendar v 1.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Adam Mills

Post by Adam Mills » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:22 pm

hmm, I had a hard time understanding you post, but I think you got it.

Yes I basically want it to be a personal scheduler than anything else. You hit that right on the head.

And ... the second part is what I don't understand. I want to enter a start date and an end date. No entering of a duration, just telling it when to start and when to end. As opposed to telling it to start on this date and run so many days.

Haha, I know development is expensive but I would like to compensate you in some way for putting so much hard work into such a great mod, especially if you do things in this effort.

danixzS

Post by danixzS » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:42 pm

Hi Im wondering if I can delete the "event time" and "during" options somehow.

In my language, swedish it looks wrong "From Tor Okt 16 19:00:00 EDT to Tor Okt 16 20:59:59 EDT (included)"

EDT I dont want there at all (should say GMT, but I dont want that either)
(included) I dont want either. And the repeating of dates gotta go. And why is a minute missing?

Best would be not to have those options, other than that the calendar is great, It would sure be nice if you could add an event to repeat itself every week, day, month or year.

thx in andvance people!

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:56 pm

You'll find this in the added-by-the-mod key to $lang[] in lang_main.php. The date themselves are using your profile config date format.

danixzS

Post by danixzS » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:22 pm

Yes, for the text, but I need the boxes for those two options to disapear.

I only want the calendar event boxes :)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:39 am

So I didn't understand what you are asking for. Can you be more precise ? Which boxes are you talking about ?

danixzS

Post by danixzS » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:08 am

When I am posting a new message in a forum that have events I have 3 choices to make.

1: Calendar event. The date (this is all I want there, no other choices than this one)
2: Event time. When it start (this one I dont want)
3: During. How long the event is gonna last (this one I dont want)

Options 2 and 3 I dont want showing at all.

Hope this explains it.... Thx

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:33 pm

Just change the type of the input fields in posting_body.tpl from text to hidden, and remove the legend :).

danixzS

Post by danixzS » Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:49 pm

hm, can you be more precise? 8O can you give me the strings to edit, and what is legend?

appreciate it if you could be so kind :wink:

Ive changed the input type="text" to input type="hidden" but that dont get rid of the boxes where you type in hours and minutes.

Adam Mills

Post by Adam Mills » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:30 pm

alright, I got my date to date calculation figured out. Took me a day or two but got it.

I just made a second set of S_TOPIC_DAY/MONTH/YEAR ... adn syntaxed them with E instead of S ... did the same thing in a few more places and made total duraction eh ... this basically

Code: Select all

$topic_calendar_time = 0;
if (!empty($year))
{
	$topic_calendar_time = mktime( intval($hour), intval($min), 0, intval($month), intval($day), intval($year) );
}

$topic_calendar_etime = 0;
if (!empty($eyear))
{   
	$topic_calendar_etime = mktime( intval($hour), intval($min), 0, intval($emonth), intval($eday), intval($eyear) );
}

// duration     

$topic_calendar_duration = ($topic_calendar_etime - $topic_calendar_time);

if ( $topic_calendar_duration <= 0)
{
	$topic_calendar_duration = 0;
}

still having no idea which direction to go in to let only the poster of an event see it ... but I soon will be there I believe ... any help on that matter is appreciated

g-funk

Post by g-funk » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:21 am

Hi

I got some stange behaviour with the calander in certain situations :

If i post the following code

[color=red]blah blah blah blah blah blah blah[/color] blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
[size=9]This is a test if you can read this ?[/size]
and then look at the popup it looks like this the (red color works)

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
[size=9:f675d
The funny thing is the size followed by numbers .
If I remove 2 blah then it only wites the first word of the last line in the correct size ("This").

Got any ideas ?

G-Funk

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:10 pm

What you see is a part of the bbcode uid, and it appears because of the length choose for the flyover window. At this time, I'm not sure what would be the good solution : not parsing the message and removing all bbcodes, parsing it and removing all HTML generated, or cutting the message and generating all the unclose bbcode.

Dio2

Post by Dio2 » Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:45 pm

I have a question about the mini-cal part - both the Cal Mod and mini cal seem to be working fine. But mini cal only pulls in the dates for events in the current month - is there a way to set this option to see future events.

Or did I miss something in the MOD-topic_calendar-extension_for_minical.txt?

I have tried setting the mini cal config to 30 days out but it still only shows the current month.

Thanks

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:05 pm

As I don't use minical (I just write the adaptation as it is an interessant one :)), I can't say if it is possible or not, and if it is linked to the mini-cal way of processing events or due to the adaptation. There someone knowing better the mod should point this to us :).

Alucard0

Post by Alucard0 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:51 am

Well i have gotten it to install but i have run into a slight problem, Inside configuration + i only have a link to calendar. No user configs or whatever, has anyone else run into this problem? Thank you a TON in advance.

Oh yes and i love phpbb and topic calendar :D

Thanks.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:56 am

As mentioned in the header of the mod (author notes), giving users the ability to set up their preferences requires : the fields mentioned as optional in the sql part, users table, to be added to the table and the mod-mods-settings, users preferences part, to be installed :).

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”