[BETA] Message Icon Mod aka Posticon Mod v1.0.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Daz

Post by Daz » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:21 am

Hi,

Q-Zar - Make sure that one of the message icon radio inputs is submitting a value as no value will generate this error.

Kevyn - If you have copied and pasted any code that has been posted on phpBB 2.0.4 any non breaking spaces will have been reduced to & only - check your code and add nbsp; to the end.
Please and Thank You works wonders...
I reserve the right to post illogical (and totally wrong) replies.
...It's the subtle perfection in attention to detail that makes your work rock the way it does - cdkrg
Think simple - it's not necessarily what you draw that matters, it's what you perceive - Daz

Note: ForumImages<dot>com is no longer anything to do with me.

Kevyn

Post by Kevyn » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:57 am

Daz wrote: Kevyn - If you have copied and pasted any code that has been posted on phpBB 2.0.4 any non breaking spaces will have been reduced to & only - check your code and add nbsp; to the end.

Thanks a lot, that fixed it.

The problem was in viewforum.php

Code: Select all

if ( $topic_rowset[$i]['topic_icon'] == 0 ) { 
                  $icon = "&";
Still wondering about my other question, but other than that, it's a great mod, thanks steveurkel.

Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:46 pm

Daz wrote: Hi,

Q-Zar - Make sure that one of the message icon radio inputs is submitting a value as no value will generate this error.

Which part of the code is that ? In what file ? (sorry, I'm too much of a newbie to find everything myself)

EDIT : I found the problem !! :D

There was a part of the installation I hadn't done, this one :
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject), str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length);

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject), str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length, $msg_icon);

At the time I was installing the mod, I was kind of distracted, so I didn't notice that there was no reply when I searched for the line to change (and so it was never changed). The line was probably different because of the installation of another mod I guess, anyway I added the missing part and now everything is great ! :D
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.

L0cke

Post by L0cke » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:44 am

Bring up my post, aka BUMP!~

Carpe Diem

Post by Carpe Diem » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:35 pm

Hi everybody!

I was about to give this mod a try.. I really like this mod! Have seen it on another board and wanted to try it on myself.. but I was wondering, is there a set of icons anywhere to download? I tried the link to the icon set in the mod but that does not seem to work, so I don't know where to get icons for this mod!

Any help would be most appreciated..

Noghri_ViR

Post by Noghri_ViR » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:39 pm

Carpe Diem wrote: Hi everybody!

I was about to give this mod a try.. I really like this mod! Have seen it on another board and wanted to try it on myself.. but I was wondering, is there a set of icons anywhere to download? I tried the link to the icon set in the mod but that does not seem to work, so I don't know where to get icons for this mod!

Any help would be most appreciated..

Go to a vBulletin board. Find theirs. Right click -> save as

Carpe Diem

Post by Carpe Diem » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:32 am

Well I have searched and can not find a descent set of icons... could someone please point me to a direction where I can get a good set of icons for this mod!?

I would be very thankful!

pyraweb

Post by pyraweb » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:26 pm

Hi everybody! I find this mod super but i like the style "subvereor". As you did for phpvb2, do you know how to do to use this mod with Sub vereor (how do i have to change the code)?

Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar » Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:38 am

Carpe Diem wrote: Well I have searched and can not find a descent set of icons... could someone please point me to a direction where I can get a good set of icons for this mod!?

I would be very thankful!

I simply used the smilies from PhpBB, I like 'em, and that way the forum keeps the same set of smilies and is more harmonized.

Pyraweb : I installed this mod on SubVereor as well, and don't think there are big changes, except replacing the files in the subvereor folder instead of the subsilver one.
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.

pyraweb

Post by pyraweb » Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:15 am

Okay Thanks. I'm gonna try again. Otherwise when i find problems and don't find the expressions of Subsilvers, i will tell you there. Id'ont understand php... :(
Thanks again ;-)

pyraweb

And no...

Post by pyraweb » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:31 am

No, i tried to install it. I had first two errors that i solved... And now, i have the column of the icon but i dont't have the icons in posting.php... :(

Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar » Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:46 am

Have you uploaded the images at least ? :p

I have a question : does the mod work with 2.0.4 ?
Has anyone tried it yet ?

Daz

Post by Daz » Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:20 am

Hi,

Yes, it works with 2.0.4
...It's the subtle perfection in attention to detail that makes your work rock the way it does - cdkrg
Think simple - it's not necessarily what you draw that matters, it's what you perceive - Daz

DorG

Post by DorG » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:09 pm

Yeah I installed it on my phpBB2.04

But it won't work 100%

When i post msg and select icon, it doesn't show up, but when I edit that message and select icon again, it will showup.

Any fix about this ? :)
---
- <
---

Daz

Post by Daz » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:29 am

Hi,

I have just installed in on one of my 2.0.4 dev boards and all is fine (I did edit the code to suit my own setup though), but I would re-check you haven't missed a step as it would seem that the icons are not getting inserted on new posts.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”