CM2F is now approaching release RC 05.
This new release solves some of the following bugs:
- Postnuke installation hanging - The installation has been rewritten to solve this issue and it is now running correctly. It has been tested with the last versions of postnuke .760 and pnphpbb 1.2h.
- forms not saving correctly some information into the database.
- Registered users posting.
- Attachment mod integration, attachs are running in the same modes that CM2F makes available AUTOMATIC, INTERACTIVE AND ATTACHMATIC, giving the administrator extra flexibility on how to manage the attachments coming to the forum. In this version it will not support Post to Mail attachs, but it is being worked.
- New filtering functions, now it is possible to filter the messages coming to the forum, not only based on the source email address, but as well with the destination address.
- Installation improvment, now the installation will manage also upgrades, resets and uninstallation of the SQL tables used by CM2F. I am also working on a compatibility function that will allow CM2F to adapt the database in case M2F (my other mod) is used, allowing both systems to run in the same database.
The application is becoming very stable and is running now without major problems in most of the supported CMS. There are still minor bugs that i am solving as they are popping from the code.
I think that the multiversion is something that in the long term will benefit the development of the application as it will become instantneously available for all platforms.
I am trying also to improve the performance of digitalgraa website and i am looking into some offers that i have been receiving to let me some webspace and bandwith that will allow me to migrate the site to a more performant platform. This should allow the system to run bete
As for the future:
- Plugins capabilities, to allow third party mods to integrate with CM2F,
- Deeper integration with CMS, especially with the articles systems,
- Improve admin interfaces to allow the system to be more easy to manage,
- Improve statistics reports,
- MultiForum bridge, allowing the system to map other forums if needed.
All of this using all the standard PhpBB architecture to allow full compatibility with phpbb and all ports.
I would like to end the message by expressing the thanks to all the community,that has been testing my application allowing me to move on, and to keep improving it in functionalities and stability, for the patience that they have had from day 0 and that they are still having, even while CM2F is moving through the Release Candidate State without reaching yet the version 1.0.
But i think that it is best to have an application withou any error or problems in version 1.0, than to rush through it in order to get there, credibility will improve.
As always i will post here the communication of release.