[DEV] CM2F -> CM4F Community Messaging Forum

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
danyblue

Problem with my server

Post by danyblue »

Hi,

I just want to communicate that i am having a connectivity problem with my server, my ISP has problems with its communications lines which is causing the non availability of my servers.
I hope that the problem will not take too much time to solve.

Regards,

Danyblue
danyblue

Cm2F release version

Post by danyblue »

Hi,
in order to consolidate the betaphase work, i have open a poll in my website to choose the version to be beta released first , standalone or postnuked.

This is done in order to give some direction to the work, all the errors and problem found in one version will be sames, so instead of doubling the effort i prefer to put increase the quality of one of the versions, consolidate the code, and then work on both.

If you want to participate please vote at http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org.

The beta will be open to every subscribed members of the site, i will not limit the fun.

Regards,

Danyblue
danyblue

Results

Post by danyblue »

For the moment the CM2F Standalone version is winning.

Danyblue
danyblue

Download available

Post by danyblue »

Hi,

just to say that CM2F betaversion is available for download.

SInce i have had a problem with my hardware, the beta is having some initial problem until i am able to consolidate everything, but it will surely a very good experience.

Come on an join the fun...

Danyblue
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

*salivates* thank you!
danyblue

Beta 1.05 to be released

Post by danyblue »

HI,

the beta 1.05 is about to be released later in the day.

It solves some of the bugs that have been found until now.

Mainly with It improves also the graphical aspect of the released.

Take a look at http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org

Regards,

Danyblue
danyblue

Cm2F 1.06 Beta

Post by danyblue »

Hi,

just to keep you guies informed.
I have been solving some of the bugs that people were reporting. I hope that with this to have covered as most as possible.

The code is slowly progressing, not as fast as it could be wished, but it is the best you can do when you are developping alone.

As always the code can be found at http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org
MarK0

Do u mean this mod like MSN

Post by MarK0 »

Hello ..

do u mean this mod like MSN some one can Reply from him email .. to the forums .. ?
cratz

I ripped this project out of my board

Post by cratz »

Now that the other project beta has been released I ripped this code out of my board.

I find this project is not as far as long as I was lead to believe.
Its alpha code not beta.

After helping some with the debugging of this code, I can no longer wait until all of the issues are solve.

My users come first and I must provide a working solution just as soon as possible.

I wish this project luck.
danyblue

Project Status

Post by danyblue »

Hi Cratz,

i would like you to stop your critics about just one part of the code. You Have seen difficulties in the import functions ...

CM2F is beta,not alpha, and due to an initial choice on how to address the connectivity, i have chosen the php native imap functions which are creating a lot of problems.

I have worked this thing in the last 2 days and i have replaced the imap functions with the PEAR ones (mbox, pop3 and imap.php) and althought still having some difficulties in or two situations it is working much better.

All the mail processing and admin functions of the module are there to show their maturity, and if people willing to give the application a chance to solve the import function, will see how advanced the application really is, and how it will help them managed heavy mailinglists.
If it was just about getting mesages into phpbb it would have been for months now. I want to give users a very user friendly tool that will make easier the task of managing the integration.

Some other critics, were about the integration with phpbb, and for that i have separate the configuration files between cm2f and phpbb, this will allow to have a more easier installation and uninstallation of the application.

CM2F goals is go behond mailinglists and forums, and there so it will keep growing based on a better integration with other plataforms (postnuke, , xooops, phpnuke, etc...) . In a first step with phpbb, and afterwards with other forums softwares.

To help in the installation and configuration process i am creating a word manual with screenshots and detailed instructions with examples, that will allow the users to understand exactly what are the potentialities of CM2F, and why it seems to be so difficult to configure at the beginning. The mode advanced a software ,more are the options to configure ... I am hoping to release tonight with release CM2F Beta 1.07.

Cm2F is not about competing with another solution, less more when my ideas are behind both ...

If anyone wants to give a chance to CM2F well keep visiting its homepage http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org.
Last edited by danyblue on Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danyblue

Some screen shots of the overall application

Post by danyblue »

The admin menu where the options are available.

danyblue

more screenshots

Post by danyblue »

The general configuration interface where the main options for the application are configured.

danyblue

Mailinglist

Post by danyblue »

The main interface for the mailinglists configured in the system.

danyblue

create a new mailinglist

Post by danyblue »

The interface to configure the mailinglist structure that will be used by the system to import the messages.

danyblue

COntrol Panel

Post by danyblue »

The control panel that, once the mailinglists configured, allows to execute the importing function associated.
It has been changed to use instead of the imap php, the PEAR pop3,imap and mbox versions.

It allows to import from :
- Files containing emails
- Mailinglist archive
- Imap/pop3
- Mbox

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”