[DEV] CM2F -> CM4F Community Messaging Forum

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:09 pm

This is really OFFTOPIC but could you maybe make a mod that ties the Email factility of phpBB to authenticate to gmail and use gmail as a way of sending the board mail.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

danyblue

:)

Post by danyblue » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:06 pm

Actually i am modifying CM2F to include the send function. Before i was using PhpBB, but now i think that i have more control if i can use the Forum2Mail functions to manage all the outgoing messages.

So in the same way that i have change the phpbb emailer to actually process attachments, i am going to modify some of the other functions to create an abstraction that will able the forum2mail functions to use any technology beneath it, or to adapt to new technologies.

Regards,
D.
http://dev.digitalgraal.net
Bridging Worlds Mails-Forum-CMS

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:42 pm

what about using threaded messages with moby threads?

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by bonelifer » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:46 pm

Are you going to make a seperate mod for the GMAIL integration? I was just wondering since many will not want the M2F functionality.

danyblue

Mobythread and installation customization

Post by danyblue » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:15 pm

Hello, regarding mobythread, i am currently testing the application to see how it is built.

Regarding the GMAIL integration, what i am doing is to modify the installation script to detect if all the libraries to have GMAIL integration enabled are present, and if yes to give the user to activate its usage.
After wards, and taking in account that a lot of people have different needs of the distinct features in CM2F, i am going to have the user choosing which features, must be enabled in CM2F. This way, CM2F will adjust exactly to the users needs and expectations.
This means that some one just wanting GMAIL integration, will be able to enable and have shown only GMAIL features.

Regards,
D.

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by bonelifer » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:36 am

Cool beans. :)

danyblue

Problems with Digitalgraal Server

Post by danyblue » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:48 pm

Hello all,

i have had some problems with my server, first with the main one, which was hacked, and now with the backup one which seems to be unresponsive.
This means that at this moment i don't have any webpresence for the project.
I will try to recover everything as soon as possible.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
D.

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by bonelifer » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:46 am

Could you point us to the correct libraries for GMAIL support.

Dagon

Post by Dagon » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:04 am

Any chance you could just put a link somewhere for download, or not require registration??? It sends out a Confirmation code, but refuses to send a password, or reset it...

danyblue

Sorry

Post by danyblue » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:59 pm

Sorry for the poor behavior of my site. But i have been recovering slowly the service from a server that was hacked.
If you send me your login i will reset for you the password.
The resaon behind not opening the download to anonymous users is because the application is not yet in 1.0 (very close now), so i want to track bugs and user requests.
Once i am in 1.0 the download will be open.

Regards,
D.

danyblue

Sorry

Post by danyblue » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:02 pm

Sorry for the poor behavior of my site. But i have been recovering slowly the service from a server that was hacked.
If you send me your login i will reset for you the password.
The resaon behind not opening the download to anonymous users is because the application is not yet in 1.0 (very close now), so i want to track bugs and user requests.
Once i am in 1.0 the download will be open.

Regards,
D.

danyblue

Cm2F status

Post by danyblue » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:00 pm

Hello all,

time for a new status, this time although not directly related with phpBB, but as always any improvement to the code will create a positive feeback that is improving the overall performance of the code.

I am now moving CM2F to a multilayer model with morphing habilities in order to adapt to any forum with enough user basis to justify the work.

The result is a smaller and less heavier code that is allowing CM2F to run faster with more performance.

The metalayer as i call it is working very well and i have now CM2F supporting the Simple Machines Forum at 85% progress.

The other forums in line are Vbulletin, Xoops NewBB, Mybboard, O2Forum, XarBB and PunBB.

The biggest problem that i was facing was the administrative interfaces, and the problem is now solved.

The stability of the program is now very good and it is working in very heavy environments with high volumes of both users and messages, which proves the solid basestones of the application.

Regards,
D.

danyblue

Cm2F status

Post by danyblue » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:02 pm

Hello all,

time for a new status, this time although not directly related with phpBB, but as always any improvement to the code will create a positive feeback that is improving the overall performance of the code.

I am now moving CM2F to a multilayer model with morphing habilities in order to adapt to any forum with enough user basis to justify the work.

The result is a smaller and less heavier code that is allowing CM2F to run faster with more performance.

The metalayer as i call it is working very well and i have now CM2F supporting the Simple Machines Forum at 85% progress.

The other forums in line are Vbulletin, Xoops NewBB, Mybboard, O2Forum, XarBB and PunBB.

The biggest problem that i was facing was the administrative interfaces, and the problem is now solved.

The stability of the program is now very good and it is working in very heavy environments with high volumes of both users and messages, which proves the solid basestones of the application.

Regards,
D.

kslup

Post by kslup » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:33 am

hi Dany..

I am very interested in this project.
I have downloaded and installed.

Honestly, i donot know what to do next.
Do you have any info for a total newbie like me?

Thanks

jtconroy

Post by jtconroy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:29 pm

Hi,

I've downloadedand installed CM2F but I've got a few issues. Basically I cannot get it to send out messages and specifically I am getting the "General Error" below when I hit the "CM2F InputStream Manager" button in the Admin panel...

Not seen a msg on this forum for some time Danyblue - are you available here or via email for help???

Regards,

Jim

General Error
Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'stream_id' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO phpbb_m2f_topics (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, message_id, mailinglist_id ,language_id,destination_forum,movedforum_id,stream_id) VALUES ('FW: jhgjgjgjgjg','jtc@blueyonder.co.uk', '1122332422','000001c5916c$a724a7e0$6a01a8c0@CLIFTOP','0','2','14','-1','0')

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”