[DEV] CM2F -> CM4F Community Messaging Forum

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
danyblue

Cm2F

Post by danyblue » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:53 pm

hi,

i am sorry, but i have been very busy with finishing the ports of CM2F for other forum software like SMF, vbulleting, XarBB, PunBB, mybboard, etc...

So i have been away in order to have the first beta releases available.

The last version of the file set had some sql errors, but they are easily solved by running the upgrade function after concluding the installation. They are based in different SQL files, and the upgrade ones are correctly defined.

I will try to modify the current file set with the fixed one in the next days.

Regards,
D.
http://dev.digitalgraal.net
Bridging Worlds Mails-Forum-CMS

neticus

Post by neticus » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:00 pm

Hi Danyblue I am most impressed by this mod. I did a test email to forum at the demo site (http://cm2f.digitalgraal.dyndns.org/) it took over 30 mins for the mail to reach the forum. Is this the normal average speed for email to forum???

Thanks
Net.
Im not judgmental... Im just a mental judge lol. ;)

danyblue

Processins time

Post by danyblue » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:26 pm

Hi,

not at all, the processing time in CM2F is very short. The delivery time in the demo forums is caused by the turn around time of the emails.
When you send an email, it will take some time going from server to server until it reach the destination.
My connection is not famous and my mail server configuration is not tuned so it can add a couple of extra minutes to actually receive the message.

REgards,
D.

mosc

Post by mosc » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:03 pm

This looks very interesting. Does this work with the attachment mod in phpbb2?

sikatzonline

Post by sikatzonline » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:42 am

I think this is the answer to my questions..
I was intrigued by the whole RSS phenomena. Friendster is using RSS to create monthly newsletter-like updates for individual users.

I noticed that there's a difficulty in tracking messages at our forum. Maybe it would be easier to keep in touch if there would be a mailing list. But of course, I'm not willing to gather and post all new updates everyday!

Thanks to this script. I'll be testing it first using the stand-alone server. It's even cool how CM2F works for Mambo and other cms.

neticus

Post by neticus » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:08 pm

Hi danyblue i have recently installed your mod yet find the language used throughout Admin/Mail options a little on the technical side, I Really just wish to know the exact relevant input fields and check boxes to allow for Mail2Forum functions, cant figure it out with so many seemingly interelatory options, is there possibly a user manual somwhere?

Thanks
Neticus

Tekno

Post by Tekno » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:26 am

I also need help with this mod. I am trying to do a simple import of an Mbox file into a new blank PHPBB forum, but after the job crons, it says the mbox file is empty. Its about 1.35Mb, is it too big? Also, the mbox file can have a blank extension , right? It would be neat to be able to see the results in more detail in the log - IE: where its actually looking for the file, as opposed to just figuring it is reading the right path in the input stream manager.

EDIT:

By the way, how about just an option for the cm2f admin to upload / attach the mbox file from the interface? If I had that, I probably would be past this problem. Thanks Danny - hope you are still around !

neticus

Post by neticus » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:37 pm

Well i still cant get mail2Forum to work. when accessesing Admin: CM2F InputStream Manager, I sometimes get the following message in the header:

Code: Select all

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/neticus/public_html/Mail/cm2f_socket.php on line 107

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to :110 in /home/neticus/public_html/Mail/cm2f_socket.php on line 107
Maybe this is affecting performance?

Also, anyone else whos using CM2F, how long does it normally take for mail to reach your forum? Just so I get a ruff idea.

thanks

Tekno

Post by Tekno » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:40 pm

I have had previous versions of the mod working to send and recieve to and from the forums, but I had a problem understanding the setup distribution to get certain posts to certain forums. Then I decided to upgrade to a newer version that was simpler to install / uninstall, but am stuck with a safe mode problem.

The code in line 107 if your error refers to a 'time out'. You could have the incorrect mail path or password for the mail account if you are using POP. Also check with your hosts admin to see if they have any special things installed for security that would cause this.

neticus

Post by neticus » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:35 pm

In M2F General Configuration:

When I check the following boxes they do not appear saved when Configuration page is viewed again, that is, ticks in boxes disappear;

Allow Anonymous users to post?
Use Tag Delimitor?
Use Site Tag ?
Use Category Tag?
Use Forum Tag?

Also, still cant get Mail2forum to work.

I dont want users to subscribe to any forum, I've already got a mod that allows users to subscribe to new posts made in all forums. All i want to do is to activate the mail to forum feature at its most basic mode. That is, registered users are able to mail to a specific forum by using the designated email address; abc@domain.com . And thats it. No subscriptions to anything. Sounds simple but i really cant make head nor tails of it.

In the Input Configuration Screen im unsure about following options and their relevancy to mail2forum mode:

Check for InputStream orientaded, leave as it is for mailinglist orientaded.
Ive tried both yet really dont know which is best for what i want to do.

Runmode to use: AUTOMATIC, REPLYMATIC, INTERACTIVE, BAYESIAN
????? I choose automatic but really dont know....

CM2F Input Configuration Type:
Mailbox POP3
Mbox
Mailbox
IMAP
Files
Stdin/Sendmail
GMAIL
RSS
Disabled

Do i need to select one of above for members to mail2forum? or is this irrelevant.

Incoming email server : relevant?
M2F public email: I have put abc@mydomain.com (this i understand)
M2F mail username: relevant?
M2F mail password: relevant?

M2F mail protocol port : ????
Path to mbox: ????
Path to directory where files are located: ????

I think you get the overall sentiment.

This is a brilliant mod, yet I feel it could be a bit more user friendly.

Somebody please tell me the minimum i need to do to allow registered members to mail to forum. :?

Thank you.

danyblue

M2F configuration

Post by danyblue » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:27 am

Hi Neticus,

sorry for the delay in my answer but i was on holidays.

Regarding the problem that you are referring to the checkboxes that are not staying, i have checked and it seems that the HTML editor that i use to edit the template files have change some of the namings of the forms in the general settings file. I will send you a new one by email.

Regarding the configuration to have the mail2forum feature working you need just to do the following.

I need some detail.

You are saying that you will be receiving the messages in abc@domain.com mailbox, but how will you access this mailbox on your system? By POP3, MBOX?

If by POP3 or IMAP, you will need the mailserver address, the username and logon to use to connect to the server to get the messages.

If you have access to the mbox file, you will need the path toward the file in your system.

Can you answer me to those questions?

Regards,
D.

neticus

Re: M2F configuration

Post by neticus » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:57 pm

Hi Danyblue, Thanks for responding.

I have Mbox format running on Cpanel.

I don’t know which fields are relevant to Mbox but:

Incoming email server : admin@mydomain.com
M2F public email : admin@mydomain.com
M2F mail username : admin@mydomain.com
M2F mail password : xxxxxx
M2F mail protocol port: 2082
Path to mbox: http://mydomain:2082/horde/index.php
Path to directory where files are located?
Im not sure about this, do you mean the ‘folder’ in which my mbox inbox file is in or the exact ‘inbox file’ path:

admin@mydomain mbox folder:
http://mydomain.com:2082/frontend/x/fil ... .com/admin

admin@mydomain mbox folder> ‘inbox file:
http://mydomain.com:2082/frontend/x/fil ... file=inbox

I also don’t get which password to use. The Path to mbox: http://mydomain:2082/horde/index.php password is different from the actual password used to access/see the ‘Path to directory where files’. The first is direct access to my Cpanel webmail the second is direct access to its mbox files in file manager.

Am I also right in that ‘M2F public email :’ is the email users should use to mail email to forum?

Then this is the same as ‘Incoming email server:’?

Ok, well I hope Ive given enough information to help. Thanks,
Neticus.

Ive PMd you my email address to send the new files. Thanks.

danyblue

Physcical path

Post by danyblue » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:47 pm

Hi Neticus,

it should be the physical path.

Something like /var/mail/mybox

I have never thought of the possibilty of accessing the file through the web, it could be probably something to addon.

Regards,
D.

neticus

Post by neticus » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:28 am

I suspect you're a very busy man DanyBlue thanks for your time.

Ok I have found out physical path to mbox:

Path to mbox: /home/username/mail/domain.com/admin/inbox

Yet im still not clear whether all the fields are relevant to Mbox. What do you mean by 'Path to directory where files are located'

I asked my webhost what the path to directory was; reply
webhost wrote: When you create email accounts from your cpanel it would automatically create that email account with inbox.
There is no need to manually create it.

So please what do you mean? If it applies to Mbox give me an example and i'll ask again. Or just tell me which boxes above apply to mbox and which dont.

Also please email me those upgraded files if they contribute to making M2F work

Again, thanks for your time.

danyblue

Two Fields

Post by danyblue » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:24 am

Hi Neticus,

For an AUTOMATIC EXAMPLE here are the fields.

In field :
"CM2F Integration Mode"
Check the checkbox and select the forum where you want to have the messages automitically forwarded.
"Runmode to use"
Check the runmode you want to use, I would recommend AUTOMATIC
"CM2F Schedule run"
Select the schedule on wich you want to check the inputstream, it only works with the virtual cron.
"CM2F Input Configuration Type"
Select MBOX
"Path to mbox"
Fill with the path you already have.

I am those days testing google talk, so you can try to find me there if you need more help. I am with the email digitalgraal@gmail.com

Regards,
D.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”