[DEV] CM2F -> CM4F Community Messaging Forum

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
danyblue

HTML testings

Post by danyblue » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:42 pm

The first Html testings are being sucessfull, the results of CM2F HTML processing capabilities can been seen in the following link:

http://cm2f.digitalgraal.dyndns.org/viewtopic.php?t=4

I have subscribed to a couple of HTML newsletters that i will be processing in the next days in order to test several codings.

Afterwards, i will be moving the messages to the forum based on the source mailinglist.

If you want to participate, just subscribe to the mailinglist cm2f@lists.forge.digitalgraal.dyndns.org and send the messages that you want to see integrated as a test.

please take in account that in this last live testing before releasing the code, i am running CM2F in interactive mode, in order to be able to moderate the incoming messages, and avoid spams or other strange tests.

Regards,

D.

angel of death

Post by angel of death » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:28 pm

Hi dany, I'm really interested in what you've done. I've used M2F in local, and I've came across your project (CM2F). I'd like to have that mod, to put it in my forum. I've looked in http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org/ but I've just found a version that dates back to April 1st. Is that the latest version of it, and if not, where can I find a more recent version?

Thanks!

Bye

danyblue

New version

Post by danyblue » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:06 pm

Hi,

the downloads section of the website was not working well enough so i used instead the forum to point to the last versions.
but please, don't use those versions instead wait for the new release that i am to release aroung thursday-friday.
The changes that i have made to the system make it a good option to wait for it.
I am testing function by function the application at cm2f.digitalgraal.dyndns.org, and the mailinglist used for the tests is cm2f@lists.forge.digitalgraal.dyndns.org.
i

Regards,

D.

danyblue

Cm2F Status

Post by danyblue » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:52 am

Hello,

i have updated again the status at http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org.

The testings that I was performing at http://cm2f.digitalgraal.dyndns.org are now almost finished with success, i have a fully setup cm2f system integrated with the phpBB forum.
Users can subscribe to a forum and will receive in their mailbox the posts.
The administrator can also associate with the forum a mailinglist, that will be used to both iimport and export messages between the forum and the mailinglists. The loop has been fully closed and threads and formatting options are fullty working based on the phpBB features.

To make a drive dest and understand how a system like cm2f is performing, just go to http://cm2f.digitalgraal.dyndns.org to see the posts, that i am testing. if you want to test it, just register and subscribe. The mailinglist that has been associated with the forum can be subscribed at http://lists.digitalgraal.dyndns.org/mailman/cm2f.

I am now cleaning the testing from debug information that i had to include in order to troubleshoot a couple of minor bugs. So you may find some rather stranges outputs.

The release date is scheduled to be Friday 19th November 2004.

danyblue

Did you asked for a digest mode?

Post by danyblue » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:57 am

Since i was not able to know if i would have time to finish some of the new features of CM2F, i have reserved some surprises for the Cm2F RC 1 launching,

the first one, is...

That CM2F will support digest modes, when a user subscribes directly to a forum he will be able to select, if he wants it, a daily or weekly digest.

This is an addon that has been able by merging CM2F and email_digest mode, i have been able to include some extra features and to integrate it with CM2F VirtualCron.

danyblue

2nd surprise

Post by danyblue » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:26 pm

Still in the wave of releasing CM2F, the virtual cron has been enhanced and is now able to run php or other script files.

Some screenshots have been released at www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org.

This will allow the users without access to the cron or the sendmail integration to ran specific scripts to perform some tasks like importing yahoo groups into a mbox file and then import the resulting mbox into phpbb in a sequenced and control action.

Regards,
D.

danyblue

CM2F RC 01 Available

Post by danyblue » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:36 pm

Finally the new version of CM2F is available for download.

CM2F RC 01 has the following features.

# One version for both Standalone and postnuke version, the code has been merged. This will help in increase the development speed, only one version of the source code, has to be managed.

# Multiple Sources, Multiples Mailinglists. It is possible to configure multiple mailboxes to process each one multiple mailinglists. This gives a very high flexibility to the application, which can this way adapt it self to the resources available to the site admin.

Full Mailinglist to Forum and Forum to Mailinglist integration with full threading support and phpbb users and formats integrations

# 4 Running modes available:

* INTERACTIVE, all messages are routed by the admin. It is use to give some order to mailinglists and categorize the messages across the forum.

* AUTOMATIC, all messages by default redirected to a predefined forum

* REPLYMATIC, the first messae of thread is manually routed by the admin, all followings will be automatically routed accordingly to the rules defined previously.

* BAYESIAN, the system is taugh on how messages should be managed, and afterwards, the system will apply the rules to all the messages coming into the forum.

# Subscription of the forums and integration with mailinglists totally configurable. Digest mode is available for Forum users.

# Virtual Cron Manager, CM2F comes with a Virtual cron that allows to ran php or system script files, for instance, perl scripts can be called from this tool to import other formats, not currently supported in CM2F.

# Dashboard, statistics and logs

# Wizzard mode to help configure the system on the first ran.

# Install script which is able to install a new system, or upgrade from a previous

The documentation is lagging behing but i hope to have a detailed documentation in the days to come.

The application is not yet supporting attachments, although most of the coding is done, but i want to give it a good handling.

I need to code housekeeping tools in order to take control of the internal database that grow very fast under heavy environments.

The package is available for registered users (free registration) at http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org. The registration is to control the downloads and the support.

Let 's try it.

Gnapponico

Post by Gnapponico » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:29 pm

well...
I'd like to try the new version...
but...
The digitalgraal server wrote: Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /modules/UpDownload/store_folder/CM2F/CM2F_RC_01.zip on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora) Server at www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org Port 80

I'm registred...

P.s.: I recive nothing from the mailinglist...why? :oops:

danyblue

Privileges

Post by danyblue » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:20 pm

Hello,

can you try again? i have tried with a usernames that i have for testing purposes and it is not giving me any problems. If you are still having problems i send the file to your mailbox.

Regards,
D.

danyblue

Problems with first version

Post by danyblue » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:52 pm

after the path problems with the RC 01, i have been addressing them and released the RC 02.

This release solves the following problems:

-Installation script errors with missing "')"
-Path problems cause by the Postnuke and Standalone versions, the only limitation now, is that the postnuke version must be present in the orginal "PNphpBB2" Directory. I will try to come to a more elegant solution in the next days.
- Some errors in the MOD-CM2F.txt, which was creating wrong links to the subscribe function and was missing some parameters in the callt o the user notification function.

I have tested both versions in both Standalone and Postnuked version a everything seems to work now.

Regard,
D.

http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org

Gnapponico

Post by Gnapponico » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:56 pm

The message is sitll the same...
I'm registred...twice...

helpme... :oops:
The digitalgraal server wrote: Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /modules/UpDownload/store_folder/CM2F/CM2F_RC_01.zip on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.49 (Fedora) Server at www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org Port 80

danyblue

User problem

Post by danyblue » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:44 am

I have registered with an other user and i have found no problem.
The only option that i am seing is to make the module available even for non registered users or to published it in the graalforge.

I think that i will go for the graalforge option.

I will come back with a solution.

Regards.
D.

danyblue

New Version XOOPS Almost REady and PHP NUKE IN The way

Post by danyblue » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:06 am

Good news.

While waiting for user support needs in debugging CM2F, i have been moving one with the other ports. Now that CM2F have all the versions integrated in one release, it is much more productive to maintain different versions of the application ...

So in order to test the installation package environment, i have continued the integration of the Xoops module, and I am very pleased to say that i have now a fully working version for Xoops pbboard.
I have found some bugs and some poor coding examples that i had in the code because the xoops environment controls more the following of conventions. Since the code is the same this will benefit as well the Postnuke and Standalone Port.

I am going now do the same thing to the bbtonuke module. From what i have seen, and based on all the base work done until now in CM2F portability, i think that it should be as well quite straightforward.

I am performing more debugging the the XOOPS ready version, and if no other problems are appearing from the current RC 02, i will move to RC 03 with the XOOPS and PHPNUKE versions enabled.

danyblue

RC 02 fix

Post by danyblue » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:39 am

Hello all,

i have just release the CM2F RC 02 FIX package that solves some of the problems that was affecting the file. The zip file has been made available under the download section at http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org.

I am currently retouching the last details in the RC 03 which includes support for XOOPS and PHPNUKE.

I have started to polish the Mambo version, that had some interface errors, and now most of the admin functions are working which allows in the test version to control the imported messages.

In all those different flavors testing, one thing is very clear, all the backend scripts that are responsible to manage the integration process are running very stable and without errors. Threading and HTMLS are dealed correctly using the default phpbb defined for the site. Member emails are recognized and replaced by the appropriate username information and statistics are being collected.

One every thing is stable in STANDALONE, Postnuke, Xoops, phpnuke and Mambo, i will change the status to FINALPREVIEW.

For those who want to help me having ready the manbo version, please give me a PM, as i want to increase the testing of the mod.

Regards,

D.

danyblue

Posted Manual on Line

Post by danyblue » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:55 am

Hello,

i have created in the forums of digitalgraal a couple of threads that are to be used as lessons on how to setup and manage CM2F, I have already published a couple of simple instructions on how to have the initial configuration that would allow the administrator to start importing messages from the mailinglists into the forum.
The english must be polished, but i will try to increase the quality over time.

I have also finish importing a 80MB mailiginglist archive with Cm2F at www.opennetworks.dyndns.org (Spanish). Some messages are being processed in Interactive mode, as i want to better control the classification of the contents.

Regards,
D.

http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”