[RELEASE] DST MOD (daylight savings time)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Shannado

Post by Shannado »

$user_timezone = $this_userdata['user_timezone'];
is it that what you mean?

That is the one !!!
Greets,
Sven
Cane Corso Forum

Jameson

Post by Jameson »

OK i have installed it but i have the same problems how YellowGirls!When the admin change DST in user permissions the changed get not saved!Is there anyone that can check my changed files for errors please?

Here my files: files.zip

Jameson

Simpson

Post by Simpson »

Where is the functionality DST Mod for the phpBB2.0 final?

I search and search and search and nothing, nothing for goodness... :cry:

Jameson

Post by Jameson »

@bluelegend there is an error anywhere on admin_users.php/user_edit_body.tpl!In user adjustments its always the "NO" checkbox checked!When i change the User Adjustments over ACP, checked the "YES" checkbox and save the Adjustments and than go back to the User Adjustements (of the same user) the "No" checkbox is checked again!Have anyone an idea how i can fix it?

Jameson

BTW: Sorry for my Bad english :oops:

Simpson

Post by Simpson »

phpBB2 with DST first in 2.2 not 2.0.2??? Oh men, shit!!! I hat phpBB.

mugwamp

Post by mugwamp »

it would be nice if the phpbb team would consider this a priority since I just spent about 3 hours getting this mod to work, where as with every other forum software out there it hasn't been an issue. I like phpbb but this is a big farking headache for me.

/edit
and another 30 minutes uninstalling it and fixing the problems its caused because of the error mentioned above, im gonna use the mySql command twice a year and forget about all this nonsence until phpbb has dst like EVERY OTHER forum out there.

On that note, After removing the mod, whenever I'm logged in below the forums where it usually says 'All times are GMT -4' its simply says 'All times are'. This happens with everyone that is logged in, however, when I'm logged out (on the forum as a guest) it displays correctly, any ideas.....?

Jameson

Post by Jameson »

Have anyone already fixed the admin user preferences bug?I mean that what ever an admin change in profile its ever Yes checked!

I need this mod an where grateful for help!

Jameson

PlazzTT

DST Mod

Post by PlazzTT »

Jameson and YellowGirls are right above about the typo in the change to admin_users.php .

Can someone tell me exactly how I change *everyones* preference to Daylight Savings Time = Yes.

I seem to only be able to change my preferences.

Thanks.

BTW, is this thread the latest one about DST? There seem to be different threads about DST mods as well.

NeKo2901

Post by NeKo2901 »

I installed your mod and everything works great.
One minor problem though: when the user (logged in) hasn't selected dst-mode the forum-index shows "All time are in" and nothing more.
In dst-mode or when logged out it shows the correct status.

Do you have a suggestion where to look for an error?
Last edited by NeKo2901 on Sat Jul 20, 2002 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeKo2901

Post by NeKo2901 »

Jameson wrote: @

bluelegend there is an error anywhere on admin_users.php/user_edit_body.tpl!In user adjustments its always the "NO" checkbox checked!When i change the User Adjustments over ACP, checked the "YES" checkbox and save the Adjustments and than go back to the User Adjustements (of the same user) the "No" checkbox is checked again!Have anyone an idea how i can fix it?

Jameson

BTW: Sorry for my Bad english :oops:

Yes, you're right. In the Admin-panel DST is always turned to 'no'. Changing it to 'yes' updates the database correctly (timezone + 50), but it still states 'no'.

The statement where DSTIME_YES/NO are initialised are OK, therefore $dstime is nog correctly set. And there we return to what YellowGirl said. In those lines it is set.

Xred

HELP

Post by Xred »

blulegend or anyone else,
i'm new to all this php stuff and i'm alittle lost.....

where can i get the code for eastern standard time ?
i'm trying differant GMT crap and none of it lines up!
not only am i wondering what code will work for me but how and where do i put it?

thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH,

Xred

SFGrimoire

Post by SFGrimoire »

(warning: I'm not a developer, just a sys admin)...

What about instead of trying to stuff all the data into a single table, break it into two tables. A timezone table with information about the various time zones (Normal Abbreviation, DST Abbreviation, Description, Standard Offset, DST Offset, DST RuleID) and a different table with rules related to when different zones go on/off DST (StartType, Start Date, EndType, End Date). Start/End type would either be a day of week or a specific date. A user flag would turn DST on/off for that specific user, but when DST goes into effect or turns off would be based on rules for that user's selected time zone.

cdkrg

Post by cdkrg »

I am looking for a simple checkbox that advances the time by 1 hour and that is compatible with other MODS.

I don't wnt automatic DST hadling just the option for users to click it 2x a year.

Is this MOD stable and working for that purpose?

I don't want it to conflict with other mods (seems like people here mentioned print page and last visit)

netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

I have it working with both the mods you mentioned (and more) without any problems.

You just have to be careful not to step on their toes! If it says 'Replace With' then you should check first to see if the line has already been modified by other mods or if there is a bit you can't find (probably due to changes by other mods) then you should cut back on the search string.

Happy modding!
Defend the game:

cdkrg

Post by cdkrg »

There are several problems with this mod upon install and I'd greatly appreciate any clarification about it.

This doesn't exist:
$user_timezone = $userdata['user_timezone'];

But this does
$user_timezone = $this_userdata['user_timezone'];

Ok, no big deal but what about the modded code?

Should this:
// OLD $user_timezone = $userdata['user_timezone'];
$user_timezone = ( $userdata['user_timezone'] > 12 ) ? $userdata['user_timezone'] - 50 : $userdata['user_timezone']; // DST MOD

be this?
// OLD $user_timezone = $this_userdata['user_timezone'];
$user_timezone = ( $this_userdata['user_timezone'] > 12 ) ? $this_userdata['user_timezone'] - 50 : $this_userdata['user_timezone']; // DST MOD

and in page_header it says to look for this:
'S_TIMEZONE' => sprintf($lang['All_times'], $lang[$board_config['board_timezone']]),

When all I have is this:
'S_TIMEZONE' => sprintf($lang['All_times'], $lang[number_format($board_config['board_timezone'])]),

What should I do with that extra number format bit?

I'd really like to use this mod and any help with those bits of code would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, what about the problems mentioned earlier with admin editing of the profiles? Has that been solved?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”