[ABD] phpBBmyChat 1.3 w/ ScreenShots & Demo

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Blisk

Post by Blisk »

I did it, but I get an error 1064
I try to solve this vith SQL help, but didn't make it after fev hours dealing with that.
Jaz

Post by Jaz »

Sorry to be a pain but which version of your mod is current ?
Downloaded 1.3 but when I try to extract the files it says the zip file is invalid or corrupted. I then tried using 1.4 in the URL and got a message blasted at me that I was being reported for hacking !!

Thanks.
madnessmotors

Post by madnessmotors »

I have three questions.

1) Am I allowed to changed the title of the chat room in the title bar? If so how do I go about doing so.

2) Is there a way to make it say who is chatting on the forum index?

3) Are they commands like /kick or /ban or /clear for admins to control the room?
natas999

Post by natas999 »

JJ, I am glad that you picked up this mod, I have a question for you. I have hacked phpmychat and have it the way I want it.. I have the code for the total number of users in chat and I want to display that information at the bottom of my phpbb (they are using seperate databases). Any ideas? Thanks in advance. You can email here: admin@nfl-fans.com

thanks again.
Blisk

Post by Blisk »

Blisk wrote: I did it, but I get an error 1064
I try to solve this vith SQL help, but didn't make it after fev hours dealing with that.

I use the latest version of chat! 1.3
But there is a problem in SQL and I don't know how to fix it.
Shaftsbury

Post by Shaftsbury »

I installed v1.3 last night and it seems to be working ok, except that it won't let me go into the admin area.

I keep getting a wrong username/password error.

Did I have to setup my admin name/pass before I installed?

It picks up my registered name ok when I go into the chatroom.
robphp

login prob

Post by robphp »

I don't think this is a prob with phpmychat because it is only happening with one user. I was just hoping maybe someone has seen this before.

I have one user who is unable to use the chat. When she clicks on Chat it pulls up the chat entry screen, and gives her the option to click the chat button and proceed. When she clicke on chat she said she gets a white screen that says "No Action". She said she then gets the screen asking if she wants to reenter the forum or reenter the chat. The process then starts over and she is never able to enter the chat room.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

Shaftsbury wrote: I installed v1.3 last night and it seems to be working ok, except that it won't let me go into the admin area.

I keep getting a wrong username/password error.

Did I have to setup my admin name/pass before I installed?

It picks up my registered name ok when I go into the chatroom.

The admin is a problem I have to work on... because the passwords are incripted, it is very difficult to transfer them to phpbbmychat... So, you have to do this:

phpmyadmin
find the table - phpbb_c_reg_users
Locate your username
select edit
change perms from user to admin

than your admin!

good luck! (btw, i have been out of town for 5 days... :oops: sorry!)
Last edited by JJSmallballer on Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you play guitar?
Visit http://www.tabscentral.com

Going to be the best tabs site out there!
JJSmallballer

Re: login prob

Post by JJSmallballer »

robphp wrote: I don't think this is a prob with phpmychat because it is only happening with one user. I was just hoping maybe someone has seen this before.

I have one user who is unable to use the chat. When she clicks on Chat it pulls up the chat entry screen, and gives her the option to click the chat button and proceed. When she clicke on chat she said she gets a white screen that says "No Action". She said she then gets the screen asking if she wants to reenter the forum or reenter the chat. The process then starts over and she is never able to enter the chat room.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

what is her username?
Do you play guitar?

JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

natas999 wrote: JJ, I am glad that you picked up this mod, I have a question for you. I have hacked phpmychat and have it the way I want it.. I have the code for the total number of users in chat and I want to display that information at the bottom of my phpbb (they are using seperate databases). Any ideas? Thanks in advance. You can email here: admin@nfl-fans.com

thanks again.

Use the same code as you did on the header, just put it on the footer... :wink:

includes/page_footer.php (phpbb)
Do you play guitar?

robphp

Post by robphp »

Any suggestionds on why a user could not use the chat. They can use the forum find and they are able to log into the chat. Only prob as mentioned before she gets an error screen and then is taken to the screen which asks if she wants to rerurn to the forum or return to the chat. i she try to return to chat it simply repeats the error again. Any suggestions????
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

madnessmotors wrote: I have three questions.

1) Am I allowed to changed the title of the chat room in the title bar? If so how do I go about doing so.

2) Is there a way to make it say who is chatting on the forum index?

3) Are they commands like /kick or /ban or /clear for admins to control the room?

1) Yes, I believe that it is stored in config.lib.php, but I am not sure... (I'll look into it)

2) That would be difficult, maybe in a later version :wink:

3) Yes. Click on the ? at the bottom of the chat.
Do you play guitar?

JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

Blisk wrote: I did it, but I get an error 1064

Just delete UNIQUE KEY and try it... Only suggestion I have, it seems to be working for everybody else...
Do you play guitar?

JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

robphp wrote: Any suggestionds on why a user could not use the chat. They can use the forum find and they are able to log into the chat. Only prob as mentioned before she gets an error screen and then is taken to the screen which asks if she wants to rerurn to the forum or return to the chat. i she try to return to chat it simply repeats the error again. Any suggestions????

What is her username? It could be that it is too long for phpbbmychat to handle... I had that prob earlier...
Do you play guitar?

robphp

Post by robphp »

Her username is daughteroftheking

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”