[ABD] phpBBmyChat 1.3 w/ ScreenShots & Demo

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

proper_bo wrote: JJ, just installed 1.3, I don't know how far off 1.4 is but here is a bug for you that has been mentioned before:

Admin can see the admin button and users can't (this is good)
BUT Admin cant log into the admin panel.
This is because in the database they are still set as users not admin.
I would have altered this value manually but for bug two:
All the tables that are created by the SQL queries given in the install are not able to be edited the SQL admin section of my website control panel. Don't know if this is the same for everyone or just for me?

Looking forward to 1.4

I've been thinking about this... the problem is that the phpBB passwords are all coded or whatever... so I don't know how I"m going to get those from phpBB to phpBBMyChat... 1.4 should be out within the next week... I've added like 3 things, so we could vote and release it now?
Do you play guitar?
Visit http://www.tabscentral.com

Going to be the best tabs site out there!
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

php_user wrote: Hello again. I install chat and it works very nice. Everything
is ok but Users Currently Chatting function is show zero. I "click" refresh
button many times* but still show zero in overall_header.php and chatlink.php.
What can i do or test to debug that missing info/link!.

* My wife wondering what are i doing when here that click, cklick,,, every night :lol:

Regards
Mathias V
Göteborg

Haha, thats another problem to be sorted... but its not on the top of my list... Its just cosmetics, you can edit the code there (overall_header.tpl) and change

Code: Select all

{TOTAL_USERS_CHATTING} Users Currently Chatting
to

Your Forum Name Chat
Because its a refresh chat... slow updates on that

maybe when I get a java chat, it will work
Do you play guitar?

Arrtu

thanx for the reply

Post by Arrtu »

Thanks for the prompt reply earlier matey....just one thing. when I run the query through sql

query($query[$i]); echo "If no error appear, then webchat installed successfully.
"; @unlink('install.php'); if(is_file('install.php')) echo "Please remove install.php"; } else { ?>

I get this:>

Error

SQL-query :

query(

$query[$i]
)

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'query($query[$i])' at line 1

Can you shed any light on this? thanx,
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

The reason it is not working is because that is a php query... you need to run the SQL query...

Also I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP TRANSLATE LANGUAGES FOR THE SETUP FILES. I AM GOING TO BE USING THE SETUP.PHP or INSTALL.PHP or WHATEVER AND I ONLY HAVE 5 LANGUAGES SO FAR!

Spanish, czech, english, french, and italian.

If you know any others PLZ PM ME!

<?php
// Original english file for the setup process
// JJSmallballer <tennisplayer89@msn.com>

// extra header for charset
$S_Charset = "iso-8859-1";
$S_FontSize = "10";

// Settings for setup.php file
define("S_MAIN_1","Tables will be created/updated on a local server.");
define("S_MAIN_2","Step 1 completed: tables have been created/updated.");
define("S_MAIN_3","Step 1 bypassed by user.");
define("S_MAIN_4","Found missing or invalid setting(s).");
define("S_MAIN_5","At least one of the cleaning delays is missing.");
define("S_MAIN_6","At least one default room is required.");
define("S_MAIN_7","The name of a room cannot contain backslashes (\\).");
define("S_MAIN_8","The timezone offset is missing.");
define("S_MAIN_9","The default number of messages to display and/or the default timeout between each update is/are missing.");
define("S_MAIN_11","Step 2 completed: settings for fine tunning have been registered.");
define("S_MAIN_12","You must enter a login name.");
define("S_MAIN_13","Your name cannot contain a space, comma or backslash (\\).");
define("S_MAIN_14","You must enter your password.");
define("S_MAIN_15","The <I>%s</I> nick is already registered and the password you entered is wrong.");
define("S_MAIN_16","Step 3 completed: your administrator profile has been registered.");
define("S_MAIN_17","Step 3 bypassed by user.");
define("S_MAIN_18","- Setup");

// Settings for setup0.php file
define("S_SETUP0_1","This script allows you to easily install %s.");
define("S_SETUP0_2","You can also do this manually if you wish. If you prefer to do it this way, you have to:");
define("S_SETUP0_3","Create tables for %s using the dump files located in <I>'chat/install/database'</I> dir;");
define("S_SETUP0_4","Edit the <I>config.lib.php</I> file located in the <I>'chat/config'</I> dir to define %s settings;");
define("S_SETUP0_5","Manually add required information for the Administrator into the registered users table (c_reg_users): your nick in the <I>username</I> column, MD5 hash of the actual password in the <I>password</I> column and the word 'admin' (without quotes) in the <I>perms</I> column. If you want to you can always add additional information in the other columns but it is not required;");
define("S_SETUP0_5m","Sets three variables at the top of the 'chat/admin/mail4admin.lib.php' script.");
define("S_SETUP0_6","To continue with the automated setup please click the button below.");
define("S_SETUP0_7"," Go ");
define("S_SETUP0_8","Before updating from an older version of %s you'd better clean the messages table (using the 'chat/admin.php' script of this old version for example).");

// Settings for setup1.php file
define("S_SETUP1_1","First step: Tables configuration");
define("S_SETUP1_2","Database settings");
define("S_SETUP1_3","Select your SQL server type:");
define("S_SETUP1_4","Hostname of your SQL server:");
define("S_SETUP1_5","Logical database name on that server:");
define("S_SETUP1_6","(must exist)");
define("S_SETUP1_7","Database user's login:");
define("S_SETUP1_8","Database user's password:");
define("S_SETUP1_9","Tables creation/update");
define("S_SETUP1_10","What do you want this script to do ?");
define("S_SETUP1_11","Create tables for %s");
define("S_SETUP1_12","Update existing ones created for 0.12.0 or 0.12.1 releases");
define("S_SETUP1_13","Do nothing, tables are already up to date (for 0.13.4 and 0.14.? releases)");
define("S_SETUP1_14","Names of the tables<SUP>*</SUP> where...");
define("S_SETUP1_15","messages will be stored:");
define("S_SETUP1_16","registered users profiles will be stored:");
define("S_SETUP1_17","logged users will be stored:");
define("S_SETUP1_18","<SUP>*</SUP>Names you enter for tables must correspond to existing tables if you choose to<BR><B>update</B> them. If you want to <B>create new tables</B> the names must <B>not</B> be the<BR>same as those of existing tables!<BR>All of the fields must be completed, even if you don't want the script to do<BR>anything as the information will be necessary when creating the administrator<BR>profile later.");
define("S_SETUP1_19","OK");
define("S_SETUP1_20","Update existing ones created for 0.13.0 to 0.13.3 releases");
define("S_SETUP1_21","banished users will be stored:");

// Settings for setup2.php file
define("S_SETUP2_1","Second step: Fine tuning options");
define("S_SETUP2_2","Clean up settings for messages and usernames");
define("S_SETUP2_3","Number of hours until messages are deleted:");
define("S_SETUP2_4","Number of minutes until inactive users are deleted:");
define("S_SETUP2_5","Number of days until inactive users are deleted&&&<BR>from registration table (0 for never):");
define("S_SETUP2_6","Default rooms to create");
define("S_SETUP2_7","Separated with comma (,) no spaces.");
define("S_SETUP2_8","Language settings");
define("S_SETUP2_9","Allow multi-languages/charset support ?");
define("S_SETUP2_10","Default language:");
define("S_SETUP2_11","Security and restrictions");
define("S_SETUP2_12","Show link for admin resources at startup screen ?");
define("S_SETUP2_13","Show link that allows users to delete their own profile ?");
define("S_SETUP2_15","Users can access...");
define("S_SETUP2_16","...only the first room within the default ones");
define("S_SETUP2_17","...all the rooms defined as default ones but not create a room");
define("S_SETUP2_18","...all the rooms and create new ones");
define("S_SETUP2_19","Messages enhancements");
define("S_SETUP2_20","Use graphical smilies (see 'chat/lib/smilies.lib.php')?");
define("S_SETUP2_21","Keep effect of bold, italic and underline tags in messages ?");
define("S_SETUP2_22","Show discarded HTML tags ?");
define("S_SETUP2_23","Default display seetings");
define("S_SETUP2_24","Timezone offset in hours between the server time and your country:");
define("S_SETUP2_25","Default message order:");
define("S_SETUP2_26","last on top");
define("S_SETUP2_27","last on bottom");
define("S_SETUP2_28","Default number of messages to display:");
define("S_SETUP2_29","Default timeout between refreshing messages frame (in seconds):");
define("S_SETUP2_30","Show timestamp as default.");
define("S_SETUP2_31","Show nofications of user entrance/exit as default.");
define("S_SETUP2_36","Check for swear words (see 'chat/lib/swearing.lib.php') ?");
define("S_SETUP2_41","Maximum number of messages that an user is allowed to export to an HTML file (0 for none -save command is disabled-, '*' for all available messages, or an integer to limit server charge)?");
define("S_SETUP2_42","Enable the banishment feature?<BR>0 for no, else a positive number to define the number of banishment<BR>day(s) (2000000 for no end, 0.02 for ~half an hour....))");
define("S_SETUP2_43","Registration of users");
define("S_SETUP2_14","Require registration?");
define("S_SETUP2_44","Generate a password and send it to the e-mail address the user enter in?<BR>This option require the <I>'mail()'</I> PHP function to be enabled, ensure you can use it with the administrator of your PHP server.<BR>Moreover, to have it running you must define 4 settings in the 'chat/lib/mail_validation.lib.php' script.");
define("S_SETUP2_45","Your PHP configuration seems not to allow the use of the <I>'mail()'</I> function. So you can't choose to generate a password and send it to the user by e-mail.");
define("S_SETUP2_46","publics:");
define("S_SETUP2_47","privates:");
define("S_SETUP2_48","Send a welcome message to an user logging into the chat (see 'chat/lib/welcome.lib.php') ?");

// Settings for setup3.php file
define("S_SETUP3_1","An administrator profile is already defined and only one<BR>administrator can exist. Please modify the fields<BR>below to update the existing profile.");
define("S_SETUP3_2","Third step: Administrator registration");
define("S_SETUP3_3","Fields with a <SPAN CLASS=error>*</SPAN> are required.");
define("S_SETUP3_4","login (nick):");
define("S_SETUP3_5","password:");
define("S_SETUP3_6","firstname:");
define("S_SETUP3_7","lastname:");
define("S_SETUP3_8","spoken languages:");
define("S_SETUP3_9","website:");
define("S_SETUP3_10","e-mail address:");
define("S_SETUP3_11","show e-mail by /whois command");
define("S_SETUP3_12","Skip >>");
define("S_SETUP3_13","You may modify your profile later by clicking on the edit<BR>profile link at the start page of %s.");
define("S_SETUP3_14", "gender");
define("S_SETUP3_15", "male");
define("S_SETUP3_16", "female");

// Settings for setup4.php file
define("S_SETUP4_1","Fourth step: The config file");
define("S_SETUP4_2","Here's the config file created according to the information you have entered.<BR><BR>Copy all of it, including the first and last lines, and then paste it into your favourite text-editor (Notepad, Vi...). After this you *must* enter the database users password on line 7 and save the file as <I>config.lib.php</I>.<BR><BR>Ensure that there is <B>neither empty line neither space character, neither before the php opening tag neither after the closing one</B>, then you can upload the config file to your server in the <I>config</I> dir (replace the existing one) and secure it (see the <I>install.txt</I> file in the <I>docs</I> dir for more information on this).<BR><BR>Don't forget to have a look at the <A HREF=\"#warn\">warning message</A> bellow.");
define("S_SETUP4_3","Highlight all");
define("S_SETUP4_4","Once you have completed the steps above, %s is near ready to run.<BR>");
define("S_SETUP4_4m"," Just sets manually three variables at the top of the <I>'chat/admin/mail4admin.lib.php'</I><BR>script... and have some nice chat discussions.");
define("S_SETUP4_5","After you have got %s up and running you should remove the<BR><I>setup.php</I> file and the whole <I>'chat/install'</I> dir from your server.");
?>
That is what you have to translate!
Do you play guitar?

php_user

Post by php_user »

JJSmallballer wrote:
php_user wrote:Hello again. I install chat and it works very nice. Everything

* My wife wondering what are i doing when here that click, cklick,,, every night :lol:

Regards
Mathias V
Göteborg

Haha, thats another problem to be sorted... but its not on the top of my list... Its just cosmetics, you can edit the code there (overall_header.tpl) and change

to

Your Forum Name Chat

Hello JJSmallballer ! I use phpbb 2.0.3. Can taht be a reason why Users Currently Chatting not show?

Regards
Mathias
Göteborg
proper_bo

Post by proper_bo »

As far as I know php_user this mod is only compatable with 2.0.4 and up.
I dont think the update would kill you. And it would be well worth it. :)
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

php_user wrote:
JJSmallballer wrote:
php_user wrote:Hello again. I install chat and it works very nice. Everything

Regards
Mathias V
Göteborg

to

Your Forum Name Chat

Hello JJSmallballer ! I use phpbb 2.0.3. Can taht be a reason why Users Currently Chatting not show?

Regards
Mathias
Göteborg

Not sure, but that could be... Don't know what kind of changes they made from 203 to 204 ... but I intentended it to be above or at 204

i agree... i would just upgrade
Do you play guitar?

Arrtu

Post by Arrtu »

JJSmallballer wrote: The reason it is not working is because that is a php query... you need to run the SQL query...

Sorry, yes that WAS pretty dumb..I had more than one install file open at the time and copied the wrong query. Sorted now, and followed the complete checklist for install found in the 1.3 zip file, my prob now is that when I click on the chat button I get another error

Parse error: parse error in /home/httpd/vhosts/my domain.tld/hostfolder/forum/chat/config/config.lib.php on line 22

Fatal error: Failed opening required './chat/lib/database/C_DB_TYPE.lib.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/muydomain.tld/hostfolder/forum/chatlink.php on line 11

I am assuming this is all to do with smoe query to database type and I have checked that 'mysql' (my db type) is in all the right places. What has gone wrong?

Incidently, I would've helped with the translate but I only speak English, Spanish and 16 year old o level German.
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

thats ok... thats again, not at the top of my list... btw, the reason it didn't work is:

check config.lib.php (the line with database type, should be mysql, or whatever u have)
did you edit chatlink.php?

i'll have some more ideas, but i think i'm getting the flu and i'm really tired and i have a huge english exam tomorrow... lol :?
Do you play guitar?

Arrtu

Post by Arrtu »

JJSmallballer wrote: i'll have some more ideas, but i think i'm getting the flu and i'm really tired and i have a huge english exam tomorrow... lol :?

Pffft. English exam. That is no way to build a future. What ya have to do is hack into the FBI computers and trash their files. You'll go to prison for like 6 years or so, but when you get out they'll give you a job and you'll be made for life. I saw it in the movies once.

Anyway I just noticed in config.lib.php at the top of the document it says:

// BEWARE: '," and \ characters must be slashed in the settings bellow

does this mean that I put / in front of ' in the changed info such as :

define("C_DB_TYPE", 'mysql'); >so that it becomes
define("C_DB_TYPE", /'mysql'); ?
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

Well... I have never done that, and mine works. So no, that must not be the problem....
Do you play guitar?

Mav
Former Team Member

Post by Mav »

Arrtu wrote: Anyway I just noticed in config.lib.php at the top of the document it says:

// BEWARE: '," and \ characters must be slashed in the settings bellow

does this mean that I put / in front of ' in the changed info such as :

define("C_DB_TYPE", 'mysql'); >so that it becomes
define("C_DB_TYPE", /'mysql'); ?

no. it means that if your default chatroom was something like Arrtu's Room, you'd have to escape the ' in the room name
eg

$DefaultChatRooms = array('Arrtu's Room');
= bad

$DefaultChatRooms = array('Arrtu\'s Room');
= good

this is equally bad
define("C_DB_TYPE", /'mysql');
Parse error: parse error in /home/httpd/vhosts/my domain.tld/hostfolder/forum/chat/config/config.lib.php on line 22

can you post line 22 and a couple of lines above and below it from your config.lib.php file
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

There will be no more versions coming out for a while... We are completly re-writing the mod. Sorry! I will still be giving help though!
Do you play guitar?

madnessmotors

Post by madnessmotors »

I'm sorry to bother you but I'm still having issues with some people not being able to join. I changed a username and that fixed it once then a week later he couldn't join again. I've changed it many times and he still can't join. I then logged in as him and I was able to chat.

The thing is, he can enter, but when he tries to chat it kicks him out. He can see what is being said, he just can't say anything.
JJSmallballer

Post by JJSmallballer »

Well, then if it works for you, I'm going to have to say its his computer, or his internet connection or something to do with him. If it works for you, then there is no other explanation. Has he deleted cookies, cleared browser cache, temporary files, etc.?
Do you play guitar?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”