[MOD DB][2.0.6-2.0.4] Profile Control Panel v 2.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:46 pm

Not pink, magenta rhooo ;) : one of the 3 complementary colors :)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:59 pm

A little comment on this version : it settles the field engine of the v 2.0.0, which means this engine is now stabalized (except eventual fixes of course). Next beta stage will deal with adding a field to the PCP within the admin control panel, and is already on progress :). At this occasion, I will probably need people using ms-sql and postgressql to perform some tests. Let me now if you want to be part of them ;).

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:36 pm

I have just done a slight upgrade to profilcp/def/def_userfuncs.php and profilcp/def/def_userfields.php, in order to allow to cumulate default values in values list and values coming from table or function. Be sure to re-download this two files :).

danb00

Post by danb00 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:37 am

ok right, is it worth me upgrading?

i have had no probs with 1.0.2, and i have again modded it (if i upgrade does this clash with any of you mod's pcp addon's?)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:59 am

Yep, it worths the upgrade, as the v 1.0.2 was a transitional version : it deals with the input of the data. The v 1.0.3 deals now with the output of them. The v 1.0.4 will deal with the admin interface (adding fields through the ACP, organizing the displais) and hopefully won't change the input and output, which I consider over with the v 1.0.3 :). At end, the release will be the v 2.0.0 :).

So yep, if you have add fields to the profile view ie, it breaks this part, but shouldn't break it in further version.

Thos

Post by Thos » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:07 pm

hi

i have a probleme, i can't read the messages....

have a look on www.thosforum.be.tf

thank you :)

edit: i use the 1.0.2

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:28 pm

Already answered at the demo board.

mgleason007

Post by mgleason007 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:55 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: A little comment on this version : it settles the field engine of the v 2.0.0, which means this engine is now stabalized (except eventual fixes of course). Next beta stage will deal with adding a field to the PCP within the admin control panel, and is already on progress :). At this occasion, I will probably need people using ms-sql and postgressql to perform some tests. Let me now if you want to be part of them ;).

I can help you out with that if you'd like. I keep a test board handy so that I don't mess things up too badly on the real board.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:08 pm

An alpha version of the first part of the admin tools is available here. Be aware it is still under developpement, and has not to be use on a living environnement.

It allows to manipulate the def_userfields.php file, so all the fields definitions, including users table modification. The MS-SQL modification is not yet written. The next part will deals with the maps (so def_usermaps.php).

Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:35 pm

thats damn cool :twisted:

but i think you forgot the lang... :roll:
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:50 pm

Woops ! Here you are, I re-add it to the zip file. The map management getting well, it should be soon available :).

Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:03 am

;)

thanks... will try tonight *when i get home*

great work once again!
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!

g-funk

Post by g-funk » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:36 am

Hi :roll:

If i set the user_viewemail to Yes and override user choices in the Admin pannel.
I add a new user and that user gets a value of NULL in the table. Instead of 1, making it not visible.
The other thing is if I set it globally I would expect that it sets it for all users to 1. This is not the case it just removes the option from there profile and keeps there previus setting.

It would also be nice if there was an option to enable the Email address in the Memberlist to look like the admin version with the button and the actuall address below it for all users.

Cya
G-Funk

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:25 pm

• If i set the user_viewemail to Yes and override user choices in the Admin pannel.
    Not sure to get well this one : as I understand, even forcing the view email choice to yes, the email button doesn't appears on viewtopic, profile view and memberlist ?
  • with the button and the actuall address below it for all users.
    This is easy to do : just add 'txt' => true to the user_email field in the PCP.buddy, def_usermaps.php file

g-funk

Post by g-funk » Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:44 pm

HI :)

If i set the user_viewemail to Yes and override user choices in the Admin panel.

= In the Admin Panel select that Users may view my email is set to YES and override user choices is on.

As far as i understand it selecting YES should make the Default setting for new users YES. This does not work, in SQL i can see that a new user has the value NULL making it not show.

Override user choices removes the option for the user to select it himself.
but does not modify registered users. having the effect that users who set it to no previously still have it set to no and other users cant email them. These registered users and the admin cant change it to yes since the option does not show up anymore.
In my opinion if I say override user choices it should either set all users to the option selected or it should ignore the user setting set in SQL and always show/hide the email address in the Profile/viewtopic/memberlist.

Combining these 2 statement above I have the problem that I have set it to YES with override in the admin panel and all new users are automatically set to NULL making them not show it. They and the admin cant change it since the option no longer shows. So the admin has to do it over SQL commands.

Hope this clarifies it :) Please let me know if you need more info.
G-Funk

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”