[MOD DB][2.0.6-2.0.4] Profile Control Panel v 2.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Locked
Deriel
Registered User
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:16 pm
Location: Curitiba/PR - Brasil
Contact:

Post by Deriel » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:50 am

Just a guidance. I have a Tolkien Forum and I want to reward those who posted in non-OFF Topic areas so I installed the Cash MOD (good MOD!) and give them "Tolkien" for posts in Tolkien areas.

I wanna make the ranks Cash based, not more Post based. The field is user_tolkiens in table phpbb_users. Searching a little, I find, in profilcp/functions_profile.php the function get_user_rank, and the following piece of code:

Code: Select all

if ( $userrow['user_posts'] >= $all_ranks[$i]['rank_min'] && !$all_ranks[$i]['rank_special'] )
If I change to

Code: Select all

if ( $userrow['user_tolkiens'] >= $all_ranks[$i]['rank_min'] && !$all_ranks[$i]['rank_special'] )

I'll have "tolkiens" based ranks, right?

User avatar
Ptirhiik
Registered User
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:07 pm

It should works for the display, but not for the memberlist : actually you would need to affect service functions (get/check and display) for this specific field, and probably affect the $table_linked entry for the buddy/members lists. The beta 1.0.4, which will be the RC to the v 2, is ready, I'm currently writing the descro (no big changes, just the menu management a little enhanced, and the inclusion of the admin tools :)), then I will continue the writing of the documentation, which will make things clearer.

Pixelchic
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:17 pm

I think I goofed somewhere??

Post by Pixelchic » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:23 pm

I have just installed this mod and would really like it to work.

However I am having the following problem:

When clicking on the "profile" button I am taken to my private message inbox instead?

Likewise when trying to register a new user.

Any ideas where I messed up?

User avatar
Ptirhiik
Registered User
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:48 pm

Dio2 wrote: Found the problem - all those values are set to NULL if I change that in the tables it shows up -
That's an interesting point to know : what is your database, and what version ? Can you also try the reverse test, which would be to set the fields to NULL value as default, and to repair the tables (at least requested to be sure the database engine take care of this change) ? That would be very helpfull to decide if the NULL default values can be kept or not in future :).

User avatar
Ptirhiik
Registered User
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:36 pm
Contact:

Re: I think I goofed somewhere??

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:52 pm

Pixelchic wrote: When clicking on the "profile" button I am taken to my private message inbox instead?

Likewise when trying to register a new user.
Mouarf :). I can't figure what can cause this, really, but it is a quite funny one actually :). Could you check you have correctly done the modifications in ie privmsgs.php or memberlist.php, and uploaded all the files at their good places ? Check also the link under the "profile" button on a topic : it should be profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=something.

User avatar
Dio2
Registered User
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:02 pm

Post by Dio2 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:39 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote:
Dio2 wrote:Found the problem - all those values are set to NULL if I change that in the tables it shows up -
That's an interesting point to know : what is your database, and what version ? Can you also try the reverse test, which would be to set the fields to NULL value as default, and to repair the tables (at least requested to be sure the database engine take care of this change) ? That would be very helpfull to decide if the NULL default values can be kept or not in future :).


MySQL Version 3.23.47

Tried to set it back and repair - contacts went away - changed it back to Not Null contacts came back. Hope this helps.

Pixelchic
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:17 pm

Re: I think I goofed somewhere??

Post by Pixelchic » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:48 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Mouarf :). I can't figure what can cause this, really, but it is a quite funny one actually :). Could you check you have correctly done the modifications in ie privmsgs.php or memberlist.php, and uploaded all the files at their good places ? Check also the link under the "profile" button on a topic : it should be profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=something.


I didn't explain very well I think - but I'm glad you find it funny ;)

What is happening is that public/home/profile/buddy list sub menus are not showing up. (Now I'm looking closer at it). Does that make sense?

All the files seem to be in the correct places, but at this point my eyes are crossing.

User avatar
Ptirhiik
Registered User
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:44 pm

Dio2 wrote: MySQL Version 3.23.47

Tried to set it back and repair - contacts went away - changed it back to Not Null contacts came back. Hope this helps.
Ok, I haven't this one in 3.23.49 nor in 3.23.58. If someone use 3.23.48 and want to let us know :).

User avatar
Ptirhiik
Registered User
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:36 pm
Contact:

Re: I think I goofed somewhere??

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:48 pm

Pixelchic wrote: What is happening is that public/home/profile/buddy list sub menus are not showing up. (Now I'm looking closer at it). Does that make sense?
More : that's mean the profile.php can't reach the files profilcp/profilcp_*, which can be due to their missing, or to an auth problem (directory not openable due to a to high chmod - I think 644 is enough low, or owner has to high level).

User avatar
Ptirhiik
Registered User
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:54 pm

And the last beta step to the v 2 of the mod : the v 1.0.4. Hopefully, as promised, the modifications remains light. Here is the changelog :
  • add the ability to disallow SID checking, using a constant,
  • fix the use of the global admin setting in the buddy/memberlist,
  • enhance panel/sub-panel recognition in menu (works entirely as plug-ins now),
  • add the ability to create field links with constant text or image,
  • add the ability to create/edit/delete fields in the admin configuration panel, including database creation,
  • add the ability to manage the input and output of a field in the admin configuration panel,
  • add the ability to create/edit language keys
Now comes the time to go to the documentation of all of this :).

User avatar
Dio2
Registered User
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:02 pm

Post by Dio2 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:34 pm

On more item v1.0.3-2, Sorry :cry:

In the view topic section – The PM button is not showing, is it not included in the button bar?

Everything else shows – Profile – WWW – Email - Friend – ETC., but not the PM

User avatar
zenpig
Registered User
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:58 pm

Post by zenpig » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:00 am

Just upgraded to 1.0.4 and the P.C.P is a bit overwhelming :) nice work.

As Dio2 described, PM button is missing.....didn't realize it was missing in 1.0.3 until I just about upgraded(hehe) and not sure if that is by design or not. In 1.0.4, only thing that I've spotted is a missing 'sentbox' in 'private messages'.

Steve

btw; from this thread, http://rpgnet.clanmckeen.com/demo/viewtopic.php?t=979 , is that still the output you expect?
Beer's proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Pixelchic
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:17 pm

Re: I think I goofed somewhere??

Post by Pixelchic » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:33 am

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: More : that's mean the profile.php can't reach the files profilcp/profilcp_*, which can be due to their missing, or to an auth problem (directory not openable due to a to high chmod - I think 644 is enough low, or owner has to high level).


Everything seems to be in order. All the files exist with proper permissions. Can I pm you the URL to have a quick look?

(I'm sure I'm a moron and you'll be able to spot the problem in 5 seconds) :D

PS I can't believe I'm here on a Saturday night trying to troubleshoot this.... :oops:

User avatar
Ptirhiik
Registered User
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:01 am

PM button missing :

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
# 2003-10-19-01 : PM button not shown in viewtopic
#
viewtopic.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
	$postrow[$i]['user_online']		= ( $postrow[$i]['user_session_time'] >= (time()-300) );
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
	$postrow[$i]['user_pm'] = 1;
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]--------------------------------
#
# EoM

User avatar
Ptirhiik
Registered User
Posts: 7411
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:36 pm
Contact:

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:22 am

"Sentbox" missing in private message menu :

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
# 2003-10-19-02 : "Sentbox" missing in private message menu
#
profilcp/profilcp_privmsg.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
 *	version				: 1.0.5 - 17/10/2003
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------- 
#
 *	version				: 1.0.6 - 19/10/2003
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
	pcp_set_sub_menu('privmsg', 'savebox', 30, __FILE__, 'Savebox', 'Savebox' );
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------- 
#
	pcp_set_sub_menu('privmsg', 'sentbox', 30, __FILE__, 'Sentbox', 'Sentbox' );
	pcp_set_sub_menu('privmsg', 'savebox', 40, __FILE__, 'Savebox', 'Savebox' );
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]--------------------------------
#
# EoM

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”