[MOD DB][2.0.6-2.0.4] Profile Control Panel v 2.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Check you have correctly done the modifications to the privmsg_read_body.tpl (by memories :)).

For custom ranks, you can find some interest in this tutorial

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

For those encountering an issue with their member list on first start (I didn't yet managed to reproduce it), try this : go in your acp, select config+, check all profile settings to yes (not the override the user choice), and tell me if it has fixed your issue.

beardeddone

Post by beardeddone »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: For those encountering an issue with their member list on first start (I didn't yet managed to reproduce it), try this : go in your acp, select config+, check all profile settings to yes (not the override the user choice), and tell me if it has fixed your issue.

In the MOD-profilcp-upgrade_to_v200.txt for some reason I couldn't find
it says to copy profilcp/def_userfuncs_custom.php to profilcp/def_userfuncs_custom.php

profilcp/def_userfuncs_custom.php is not in that directory to copy, but it is in the profilcp/def subdir.

I've also noticed that some of the files your supplying are not upgraded to the latest mod release, could explain why I had so much trouble with this until I applied the updates to the files I had already copied to the folders that I had over writen with the supplied files you provided, why don't you upgrade those files when you release a updated mod or just not supply them if they are really not needed, also the files in the mod-lang_settings,mod-mods_settings,mod-topics_list should be in the proper template or admin or where ever they go subdir instead of those directories you supplied as the subdirectories for all those files are there in your mod anyway, why not just put those files in there, I'm not say how you should setup your mod, but this is confusing enough and when you set this up this way it's even more confusing, no wonder I had so much trouble getting this mod to work, there is set guidelines on how these mods are supposed to be setup with the files in their proper subdirectories, it would make dummies like me be able to get this going without so much hassle.

This is a great mod once I understand what your doing, but some of the copied files are redundent and could be done the first time copied, over written on an update.
Best Regards
Skyport Forums   &#8226 Suzuki LC 1500 Parts & Accessories Links   &#8226  SexTalk &#8226 Music

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> the target path is a typo, thanks to report it.

> why the tools have their own directories : as you can have already them installed if you are using one of my mods in their last version, the doesn't require to be reinstalled. The easier way for you to compare their version is to keep them in a separate dir. All the rest is a question of following the mod description.

> "some of the files your supplying are not upgraded to the latest mod release" : which ones ? I never release an upgraded pack, but always full packs with upgrade instructions, this to avoid to have someone trying to apply an upgrade less level than his current installation.

> guidelines : mod install description, copy part for directories.

> "copied files are redundent" : which ones ?

beardeddone

Post by beardeddone »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > the target path is a typo, thanks to report it.

> why the tools have their own directories : as you can have already them installed if you are using one of my mods in their last version, the doesn't require to be reinstalled. The easier way for you to compare their version is to keep them in a separate dir. All the rest is a question of following the mod description.

> "some of the files your supplying are not upgraded to the latest mod release" : which ones ? I never release an upgraded pack, but always full packs with upgrade instructions, this to avoid to have someone trying to apply an upgrade less level than his current installation.

> guidelines : mod install description, copy part for directories.

> "copied files are redundent" : which ones ?

But if the new release is a true upgrade, it wouldn't matter about the files needing to be compaired, I could just copy/over write any older files with the new ones.

copied files are redundent" : which ones ******

These are already copied and have over written the older files, right.

Now we have these files to copy also, according to the update or install instructions, we have these
#-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------------
#
# -- mod-mods_settings --
#
copy mod-mods_settings/lang_extend_mods_settings.php to language/lang_english/lang_extend_mods_settings.php
copy mod-mods_settings/functions_mods_settings.php to includes/functions_mods_settings.php
copy mod-mods_settings/admin_board_extend.php to admin/admin_board_extend.php
copy mod-mods_settings/board_config_extend_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_extend_body.tpl
#
#
# -- mod-lang_settings --
#
copy mod-lang_settings/admin_lang_extend.php to admin/admin_lang_extend.php
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_mac.php to includes/lang_extend_mac.php
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend.php to language/lang_english/lang_extend.php
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_lang_extend.php to language/lang_english/lang_extend_lang_extend.php
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_body.tpl
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_def.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_def.tpl
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_key_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_key_body.tpl
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_pack_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_pack_body.tpl
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_search_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_search_body.tpl
#
#
# -- mod-topics list --
#
copy mod-topics_list/functions_topics_list.php to includes/functions_topics_list.php
copy mod-topics_list/topics_list_box.tpl to templates/subSilver/topics_list_box.tpl
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_announce_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_announce_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_announce_new_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_announce_new_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_new_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_new_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_hot_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_hot_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_new_hot_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_new_hot_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_lock_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_lock_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_lock_new_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_lock_new_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_sticky_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_sticky_own.gif
copy mod-topics_list/graph.gif/folder_sticky_new_own.gif to templates/subSilver/images/folder_sticky_new_own.gif

These subdirectories already exist in your update files, thus the redundancy, why not just put those files where they belong when you release the new updates and include any files that need to be deleted in the instructions like you did before, it's to easy to get one of these files in the wrong place, that's what happened to me and why I had such a hard time getting this mod to work, yes I can read instructions, but mistakes I make causes errors and the mod not to work as planed, but when you make a mistake, it compounds the issue.
Best Regards
Skyport Forums   &#8226 Suzuki LC 1500 Parts & Accessories Links   &#8226  SexTalk &#8226 Music

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You didn't get how this works actually : you have two mod descriptions : one to upgrade from the previous version, and one to install a brand new version (see the mod description in the header). From there, there are no redundant files : if you follow the upgrade instructions, you will get the same result that starting from scratch and install the full mod. In an upgrade instruction ie, you won't have an edit a file and a copy of the same file. In a full mod install description, you won't have a copy and an edit of the same file (except very specific case I don't use). As I said, I don't provide upgrade packs, but full packs with upgrade instructions in it for those who have a previous version installed.

beardeddone

Post by beardeddone »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: You didn't get how this works actually : you have two mod descriptions : one to upgrade from the previous version, and one to install a brand new version (see the mod description in the header). From there, there are no redundant files : if you follow the upgrade instructions, you will get the same result that starting from scratch and install the full mod. In an upgrade instruction ie, you won't have an edit a file and a copy of the same file. In a full mod install description, you won't have a copy and an edit of the same file (except very specific case I don't use). As I said, I don't provide upgrade packs, but full packs with upgrade instructions in it for those who have a previous version installed.

Yeah, but that's what was confusing to me, I didn't know that, if there is no files to update, they shouldn't be there should they, just the update instruction, that's all.

This is part of the upgrade MOD-profilcp-upgrade_to_v104.txt

## Before Adding This MOD To Your Forum, You Should Back Up All Files Related To This MOD
##############################################################
#
#
# PCP : basic functions
#
copy profilcp/def/def_userfuncs.php to profilcp/def/def_userfuncs.php
#
#
# PCP : administration
#
copy admin/admin_pcp_classesfields.php to admin/admin_pcp_classesfields.php
copy admin/admin_pcp_tableslinked.php to admin/admin_pcp_tableslinked.php
copy admin/admin_pcp_userfields.php to admin/admin_pcp_userfields.php
copy admin/admin_pcp_usermaps.php to admin/admin_pcp_usermaps.php
copy admin/admin_pcp_valueslist.php to admin/admin_pcp_valueslist.php
copy includes/functions_admin_pcp.php to includes/functions_admin_pcp.php
copy language/lang_english/lang_extend_pcp_management.php to language/lang_english/lang_extend_pcp_management.php
copy profilcp/def/def_userfields_phpbb.php to profilcp/def/def_userfields_phpbb.php
#
#
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_classesfields_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_classesfields_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_classesfields_edit_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_classesfields_edit_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_confirm_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_confirm_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_tableslinked_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_tableslinked_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_tableslinked_edit_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_tableslinked_edit_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_def.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_def.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_edit_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_edit_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_edit_sqldef_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_edit_sqldef_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_sql_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_userfields_sql_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_usermaps_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_usermaps_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_usermaps_def.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_usermaps_def.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_usermaps_edit_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_usermaps_edit_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_valueslist_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_valueslist_body.tpl
copy templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_valueslist_edit_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/pcp_valueslist_edit_body.tpl
#
#
# mod: lang_settings : lang extension management
#
copy mod-lang_settings/admin_lang_extend.php to admin/admin_lang_extend.php
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_mac.php to includes/lang_extend_mac.php
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend.php to language/lang_english/lang_extend.php
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_lang_extend.php to language/lang_english/lang_extend_lang_extend.php
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_body.tpl
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_def.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_def.tpl
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_key_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_key_body.tpl
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_pack_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_pack_body.tpl
copy mod-lang_settings/lang_extend_search_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/admin/lang_extend_search_body.tpl

I'm taking this at face value, I should copy these files wherever they are supposed to go, but if this is not needed, why do it and over write the previous fixes from the forum, etc. I'm also not being picky here, but the upgrades subdir shouldn't even been there in the 2.00 release, as they refer to previous versions not this new one.

I get so confused:-)
Best Regards

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Because they were needed for the v1.0.4 :). Remember you are supposed to upgrade each version to the last, in order to get the lasts fixes, the older upgrades descriptions are just there as archive purpose.

beardeddone

Post by beardeddone »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Because they were needed for the v1.0.4 :). Remember you are supposed to upgrade each version to the last, in order to get the lasts fixes, the older upgrades descriptions are just there as archive purpose.

Well I suppose you have your reasons for doing this this way, but it sure can get confusing depending on which version a person is dealing with, myself I would like to see an upgrade deal with that particular upgrade and the heck with the rest of the versions as they would probably be obsolete anyway and incorporate the new fixes in your new files to be copied and any upgrade code to be applied to be refering to the phpbb files and not your coded files, I think that's what I wanted to ask in the beginning.

I got this terrific mod of yours finally working without any known errors, so unless you have any drastic improvements, I think I'll keep it the way it is now before I get it screwed up again.

Sorry to fill your ears with all this, but your mod can and should be a lot simpler to install and upgrade each time one is available..
Best Regards

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Actually it has been a lot of quick versions as we have been in a beta stage. v 2 is now a released version, and except some eventual fixes to the code, a new version isn't expected yet :). The efforts will be rather on add-ons and documentations rather than modifyong the core code.

Jeffrey903

Post by Jeffrey903 »

I have this hack (birthday hack) installed on my phpBB 2.0.6 forum. I want to install Profile Control Panel, and am wondering, before I install it, will there be anything that I have to change in order for my board to function properly (because than I would have 2 birthday hacks installed)?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You will have first to run a tool that I forgot to readd to the pack - woops in order to convert your old birthday date to the new way of storing it, entirely uninstall the birthday hack, then install the PCP : doing like this, you will keep the birthday previously entered by your users :).

[edit : ok, I re-add the tools to the zip file : you'll find them in the tools/ dir]

Jeffrey903

Post by Jeffrey903 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: You will have first to run a tool that I forgot to readd to the pack - woops in order to convert your old birthday date to the new way of storing it, entirely uninstall the birthday hack, then install the PCP : doing like this, you will keep the birthday previously entered by your users :).

[edit : ok, I re-add the tools to the zip file : you'll find them in the tools/ dir]

Ok...do I have to uninstall all of the birthday hack? or just the template files?

I know how to manually edit the files...but thats a huge pain. I would want to uninstall as little as possible.

Dio2

Post by Dio2 »

I got an error running the birthday tool

Save birthday date already done
New user_birthday field already added
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: realdate() in /tmp/disk/home/webmaster/Files/WWW/phpBB2/tools_niels_birthday_to_pcp.php on line 80

It saved the old table and created the new, but looks like none of the data copied over.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Actually it doesn't create a new table, but rename the old field into a new field (this should be user_birthday_sav, or something similar). No data are erased until the very last step, which is the removal of user_birthday_sav which was originaly the user_birthday from the birthday mod.

The tool has to be run before uninstalling the birthday mod (as mentioned sooner), so if you have already cleared the functions.php from the bithday mod, re-add the function realdate() in the tools_niels_birhday_to_pcp.php file.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”