[MOD DB][2.0.6-2.0.4] Profile Control Panel v 2.0.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You have so to consider analysing the switch names used in your template, and if no particular treatement is applied in the functions_cash.php reagrding admin level.

playerfr

Post by playerfr »

My rank problem is solved since i did the update but now i have a new problem :cry:

when somone try to send a PM I get this error message
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 4194304 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10 bytes) in <b>template.php(127) : eval()'d code</b> on line <b>736</b><br />

But message is well gone to the personne.

Please sime can help, thanks

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You probably made an error in the templates files. Recheck them.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

An easy move to make the "always visible to" button reappear in the buddy list :

- Go to Admin Control Panel,
- Choose : PCP - Maps definition,
- Go into the map PCP -> buddy,
- Hit "Edit",
- Edit the field "user_my_friend",
- Hit tab "Buddy/member list",
- hit "Suggest",
- hit "Submit",
- hit "Submit",
The message "The map definition has been modified" comes, all is ok :).

The zip pack has been upgraded to avoid to do this manipulation for new installation.

Hades

Post by Hades »

Ptirhiik - Thanks, upgraded and everything works ok. (didn't realise you released updates so fast ;))

Now though, my Configuration+ section looks like this:

I'm using the files from the mod-pack for this section. Unaltered. I just placed them in my own templates directory where the mod-install script told me to.

Is there any way of tidying it up a little?
Hades
Lord of the Underworld

Like roleplaying? Try BlastRPG Forums

Josh Windu

Post by Josh Windu »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: You have so to consider analysing the switch names used in your template, and if no particular treatement is applied in the functions_cash.php reagrding admin level.

hmm... how would that help ?
Nitrotech - Alpha stage... Your own fully customisable forum! and site!

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Hades : by "tidying", you mean reduce width ? Actually only the width of the menu is hardcoded to 250 px, the rest is done with a width="100%", so if you have an overflow to the window to left, I assume it can be you navigator, or your template (probably the second), as I don't experiences on subSilver, neither with mozilla nor IE 6 (which have some bugs regarding imbracated table width).

> Josh Windu : by looking into the two files, and verifying also you don't use switches used in profilcp_header and profilcp_footer.

pisanq

Post by pisanq »

Nice mod, works really well. Just 1 thing, since it was a reinstall of my board I needed to import the users.

Obviously, I lost the "board founder". Looks like i've got all sql data there though.

What to i need to edit to give a certain user "founder" rights?

TIA! :D

update: It appears correctly in the users' profile, just not on the frontpage (who is online etc etc)...

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Check your modification in page_header.php and index_body.tpl :).

pisanq

Post by pisanq »

Right. how rare.

The recent logged on users (including that account) showed as "normal" administrator in that list, then he logged in again, and showed correct.

Strange.

But it works. So thanks :)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

It could happend if you haven't clear your windows temporary internet files directory, or if you have a cache system on your board (I will bet on the first ;)).

pisanq

Post by pisanq »

The thing is, it *did* work at first, then I upgraded, then it didn't work, then the user logged in again, then it started working again.

8)

Blame my php/sql skill or something... :roll:

Hades

Post by Hades »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > Hades : by "tidying", you mean reduce width ? Actually only the width of the menu is hardcoded to 250 px, the rest is done with a width="100%", so if you have an overflow to the window to left, I assume it can be you navigator, or your template (probably the second), as I don't experiences on subSilver, neither with mozilla nor IE 6 (which have some bugs regarding imbracated table width).

The width isn't a problem... i just have my screen in an insane resolution ;)

What I meant by tidying... let me explain a little more detail.

When I go to Configuration + it starts out with "Profile Settings" selected and several options below that.... but "Profile Home", "Announcements" and "Categories Hierarchy settings" aren't visible.

When I then click on "Preferences" I get the screen I posted above with "Preferences" in a funky shade of red (prolly my style) and seemingly to have both "Preferences" and "Announcements" selected. (I get the same options whichever I click on)

I'd just like to know if there's a way to stop the others from dissappearing when "Profile Settings" is selected and if there is a way to only have one of "Preferences" and "Announcements" in there.

Thanks. :)
Hades
Lord of the Underworld

Hades

Post by Hades »

Also, just spotted a bug for you :)

In file "profilecp/profilecp_profil_signature" find the lines:

Code: Select all

'MESSAGE'			=> 
		'SIG_PREVIEW'		=> 
They should be :

Code: Select all

'MESSAGE'			=> str_replace('<br />', "\n", trim(str_replace("''", "'", $signature))),
		'SIG_PREVIEW'		=> trim(str_replace("''", "'", $preview_sig)),
Otherwise the apostrophies keep multiplying every time you click preview ;)

:mrgreen:

##Edit again##
Bangs head on desk several times

##Edit##
Sorry.. wrong code pasted before :)
Last edited by Hades on Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hades
Lord of the Underworld

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

The config+ panel can be entirely reorganized, but I think you just have forget to remove some files from the includes/mod_settings/ dir : none options are duplicated, and it reflect the setup of the PCP actually : in "Profile Settings" stand the parameters linked to "Your profile", and in the "Preferences" stand the parameters foundable in "Preferences" PCP tab. They are not exactly the same options, as some are at admin board level only (so won't appear in the PCP), and some are user only fields (so won't appears in the Config+).

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”