[ABD] myCalendar Mod w/selected forum integration

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Hazzie

Post by Hazzie »

OK i have gone through the pages on this thread but i cannot see a download link (maybe its case of not seeing the wood for the trees). The one at mojavelinux (for get the exact url) doesnt seem to work.
can anyone suggest where i can d/l this mod?

Cheers,

Hazzie.
R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious »

Er, the link at mojavelinux.com works fine for me: http://www.mojavelinux.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11#11
Hazzie

Post by Hazzie »

Strange it doesnt work on the pc i am using to type this message, but my 2nd pc it does.

ok thanks for the help.

Hazzie
scottyman

Post by scottyman »

usual rubbish I'm afraid - have it all working fine... no probs with the latest install, aside from missing ";" in lang_main.php

Does anyone know if the frontpage component (for index.php - NOT /forums/index.php) still exists - or if there's a workaround I can use?

I suppose I could always use something like post-nuke to work around - but I'd rather not!

All the best,

Scotty
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
- Douglas Adams RIP
Brandons
I am too lazy to register

Post by Brandons »

ok. maybe this has been answered? dont know. but dont feel like looking through all 21 pages of posts to find the answer :P

Is there a birthday mod integration for mycalendar?

I mean i have the birthday mod installed. it would be nice if somehow it could integrate and place eacn users birthday on the calendar on the day of their birthday :)

also i was thinking.. if that doesnt exist. is there a simple way we could add the event submission onto the profile_add_body.tpl to where they could add the event of their bithday upon registration?

and call it.. "Put your Birthday On Our Calendar"

twould be nice :)
anyone up to making the coding for it?

IT would be way way easier than a full birthday mod mycalendar integration :P
Hazzie

Getting a General Error

Post by Hazzie »

Hi,
Just installed the latest version from the above URL and when i go to allow calendar events on a forum i get the following error message :-

"General Error"
Couldn't update forum information.

Any ideas.
Cheers
Hazzie

Post by Hazzie »

My stupid fault. error solved.
Cheers.
Hazzie.
Hazzie

General Error

Post by Hazzie »

I have installed the latest version of the calendar. After one or two teathing problems (such as missing ; from the install instructions) i have got the thing running. How ever i am suffering from the exact same problem as Ready did on page 18 of this thread.

When i click on a thread in my forum i get the following error
"Failure when looking up date entry for topic."

I have gone through all of the files (well i think i have) and can only find one occurance of the error text and thats in mycalendar_functions.php

Now to try and debug this i have altered the output of the error message so the code line was

Code: Select all

message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Failure when looking up date entry for topic.');
to read

message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Failure when looking up date entry for topicXXXXXXXXXX.');
However, i still get the text "Failure when looking up date entry for topic." with no XXX's.
So a couple of questions to start with.
1) Do these error messages somehow get cached?
2) Have i missed somewhere else that has this message.
3) Has anyone else experience this and solved it?

Cheers
HAzzie.
Hazzie

General Error

Post by Hazzie »

*repeated twice for some reason so deleted 2nd one.

Hazzie
Last edited by Hazzie on Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hazzie

Post by Hazzie »

Some more info.

I have captured the SQL form the query that produces the error, can someone help my decypher it.

SELECT c.cal_date, DATE_FORMAT(c.cal_date, "%M %e, %Y") as cal_date_f, c.cal_interval, c.cal_interval_units, c.cal_repeat, DATE_FORMAT(c.cal_date + INTERVAL (c.cal_repeat - 1) DAY, "%M %D, %Y") as cal_date_end 
FROM phpbb_mycalendar as c, phpbb_topics as t, phpbb_forums as f 
WHERE t.topic_id = 1 AND c.topic_id = 1 
AND c.forum_id = f.forum_id 
AND f.events_forum > 0 
AND t.topic_first_post_id = 1
i have also done a

select * from phpbb_mycalendar
from within mysql and it returned 0 records. So the above where clause is wrong. Have I missed a setup step that should populate the calander with some variables?
WebSnail

Post by WebSnail »

Hazzie wrote: i have also done a

select * from phpbb_mycalendar
from within mysql and it returned 0 records. So the above where clause is wrong. Have I missed a setup step that should populate the calander with some variables?

Based on the info above I'd question whether you have created another table, or not created a table at all, in your phpbb database. I'd check which tables you have created already in your DB using phpmyadmin or some other mySQL manager.
Hazzie

Post by Hazzie »

i have cmd line access to my MySQL DB so i hva elogged in and issued a show tables command. the resutls of which i have here )phpbb_mycalendar is highlighted.
| phpbb_auth_access |
| phpbb_banlist |
| phpbb_categories |
| phpbb_config |
| phpbb_disallow |
| phpbb_forum_prune |
| phpbb_forums |
| phpbb_groups |
| phpbb_mycalendar |
| phpbb_posts |
| phpbb_posts_text |
| phpbb_privmsgs |
| phpbb_privmsgs_text |
| phpbb_ranks |
| phpbb_search_results |
| phpbb_search_wordlist |
| phpbb_search_wordmatch |
| phpbb_sessions |
| phpbb_smilies |
| phpbb_themes |
| phpbb_themes_name |
| phpbb_topics |
| phpbb_topics_watch |
| phpbb_user_group |
| phpbb_users |
| phpbb_vote_desc |
| phpbb_vote_results |
| phpbb_vote_voters |
| phpbb_words |

what i need to understand is when does this table get filled with any data.
I have made the mods.
I have run mycalendar_install.php and clicked on never install since this is my first time using it.
I went to the admin page and allowed calendar events on a forum.
I clicked on calendar and it just came up a blank page with the days of the week on it (Sunday - Saturday) but no days of the month.
I clicked on the forum i allowed events for and got the above error message.

Any further ideas would be great.
Cheers,
Hazzie.
Hazzie

Post by Hazzie »

More info if any one can help.

I created a seperate forum (the forum i was testing already exisited before i installed the calendar) and posted a message to it. I was able to do it and select a date for it to create an event in the calendar. This worked.
Table extract from phpbb_mycalendar

+--------+----------+---------------------+--------------+--------------------+------------+----------+
| cal_id | topic_id | cal_date            | cal_interval | cal_interval_units | cal_repeat | forum_id |
+--------+----------+---------------------+--------------+--------------------+------------+----------+
|      1 |        2 | 2002-08-04 00:00:00 |            1 | DAY                |          1 |        2 |
I then checked the calendar and was surprised to see nothing in there for that date. Infact nothing not even sections to mark out the days of the month.
I then went back to the posted topic and clicked on it and got my usual error.

Failure when looking up date entry for topic
Here is the SQL from it

SELECT c.cal_date, DATE_FORMAT(c.cal_date, "%M %e, %Y") as cal_date_f, c.cal_interval, c.cal_interval_units, c.cal_repeat, DATE_FORMAT(c.cal_date + INTERVAL (c.cal_repeat - 1) DAY, "%M %D, %Y") as cal_date_end FROM phpbb_mycalendar as c, phpbb_topics as t, phpbb_forums as f WHERE t.topic_id = 2 AND c.topic_id = 2 AND c.forum_id = f.forum_id AND f.events_forum > 0 AND t.topic_first_post_id = 6
I am sort of desperate to try and get this fixed. Can any one give me any pointers as to why i would get a date error. What is INTERVAL in the context of this SQl command? I dont recognise it as being a reserved word.
I have not changed any default date formating from the forum install
WebSnail

Post by WebSnail »

Hazzie wrote: I then went back to the posted topic and clicked on it and got my usual error.

Failure when looking up date entry for topic
Here is the SQL from it

SELECT c.cal_date, DATE_FORMAT(c.cal_date, "%M %e, %Y") as cal_date_f, c.cal_interval, c.cal_interval_units, c.cal_repeat, DATE_FORMAT(c.cal_date + INTERVAL (c.cal_repeat - 1) DAY, "%M %D, %Y") as cal_date_end FROM phpbb_mycalendar as c, phpbb_topics as t, phpbb_forums as f WHERE t.topic_id = 2 AND c.topic_id = 2 AND c.forum_id = f.forum_id AND f.events_forum > 0 AND t.topic_first_post_id = 6

Heya Hazzie,

Sorry I can't help a great deal on this as I'm not familiar with the myCalendar script (Got enough to do with my own one :D) but it'd be useful to know what the error is.

Try adding this line after your SELECT statement above is executed

echo mysql_error(); exit;
That should tell you what the problem is with regard to mySQL, if indeed that is the problem and may well help us to resolve it.

Cheers
:)
Martin
Hazzie

Post by Hazzie »

Martin,

I get the following

You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') DAY, "%M %D, %Y") as cal_date_end FROM phpbb_mycalendar as c, phpbb_topics as ' at line 1
the actual sql code is

$sql = 'SELECT ' .
               'c.cal_date, ' .
               'DATE_FORMAT(c.cal_date, "' . $format . '") as cal_date_f, ' .
               'c.cal_interval, ' .
               'c.cal_interval_units, ' .
               'c.cal_repeat, ' .
               'DATE_FORMAT(c.cal_date + INTERVAL (c.cal_repeat - 1) DAY, "%M %D, %Y") as cal_date_end ' .
           'FROM ' .
               MYCALENDAR_TABLE . ' as c, ' .
               TOPICS_TABLE . ' as t, ' .
               FORUMS_TABLE . ' as f ' .
            'WHERE ' .
                "t.topic_id = $topic_id AND " .
                "c.topic_id = $topic_id AND " .
                "c.forum_id = f.forum_id AND " .
                "f.events_forum > 0 AND " .
                "t.topic_first_post_id = $post_id";
I do appreceiate your help.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”