[ABD]Advanced Hide Post 1.0.0 (From Sell Post 0.2.1)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Digitalchaos

Post by Digitalchaos » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:32 am

n00bstorm wrote: http://66.49.240.122/forum/dload.php?ac ... ile_id=245

Link will be down in 24 hours!

Thank abunch man!! gr8 post! :)

Finally get to put this thing to work !

Cafun

Post by Cafun » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:42 am

sofreshsoclean wrote:
Cafun wrote:Now I get this error when I want to post a new topic/message:

Cannot find the specified cash/points. Please contact with the site admin.

It's set to Points in the ACP, not other or Cash Mod.
Does someone knows how I can slove this problem?

Thanks!

Make sure you read all the READ ME files that came with Cash Mod. Your answer to your question is stated in their files.

Well, I didn't had Cash Mod yet. It wasn't required I thought?

But I'll read the read me files. BTW: It's working with the Cash Mod installed, but I only get the option to sell the post. Other options are not in the list..

sofreshsoclean

Post by sofreshsoclean » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:25 pm

Cafun wrote:
sofreshsoclean wrote:

Thanks!

Make sure you read all the READ ME files that came with Cash Mod. Your answer to your question is stated in their files.

But I'll read the read me files. BTW: It's working with the Cash Mod installed, but I only get the option to sell the post. Other options are not in the list..

In order to turn on the other options besides the sell post, you need to set the permission. You have in the ACP, the option to select the sell post and once you done that, you need to set permission for the other 3 in order for it to work.

Digitalchaos

Post by Digitalchaos » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:12 pm

Advanced Hide Mod, wouldnt install properly on my forum, and all I actually need is the option to Hide links untill user posts something. Which from wut I can see could be solved by Sell Post Mod.
So, if ANYONE got a working link to Sell Post Mod, OR Someway to hide links from users untill they post PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Let me know.
I really need such a mod.

thx.

sofreshsoclean

Post by sofreshsoclean » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:51 am

Digitalchaos wrote: Advanced Hide Mod, wouldnt install properly on my forum, and all I actually need is the option to Hide links untill user posts something. Which from wut I can see could be solved by Sell Post Mod.
So, if ANYONE got a working link to Sell Post Mod, OR Someway to hide links from users untill they post PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Let me know.

thx.

If you just want to use the hide code until someone post a reply to it, then use the link I provide to you below. Works very well.

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/870

Cafun

Post by Cafun » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:11 am

sofreshsoclean wrote:
Cafun wrote:
sofreshsoclean wrote:

Thanks!

In order to turn on the other options besides the sell post, you need to set the permission. You have in the ACP, the option to select the sell post and once you done that, you need to set permission for the other 3 in order for it to work.

I found it, thanks. Didn't saw the options.
Everything works fine now :)

Digitalchaos

Post by Digitalchaos » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:00 am

sofreshsoclean wrote:
Digitalchaos wrote:Advanced Hide Mod, wouldnt install properly on my forum, and all I actually need is the option to Hide links untill user posts something. Which from wut I can see could be solved by Sell Post Mod.

thx.

If you just want to use the hide code until someone post a reply to it, then use the link I provide to you below. Works very well.

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/870

Thanx abunch man!! Works perfectly!!

Thx again :)

irrelevant

Post by irrelevant » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:29 am

well I'm desperately trying to get this working for my system...

On a 2.0.17 phpbb install with only attachment, extra_perms and integrated shoutbox mods installed

installed cashmod22 and multi bbcode, ok. did the changes as described earlier for the array. mod appears to install fine now.

however although I get the intro bb code button, I don't get the dropdown (as shown in a screenshot earlier) to specify the hide method. This is both as a user or as admin.

I see the extra perm settings when amending the forum, but when looking at groups or users I just see some thin empty columns where the perms should be.

I used mysqladmin to set the perms avaiable for a group/forum combo, and it still didn't appear to work even in that forum.

Has anybody got this to work lately???

Alternatively, is there any other way of charging accsss to a post (or, preferably, for a thread) ??

Thanks

Rob

Edit: just typos.

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:35 pm

According to the topic starter post:
Last edited by shi on Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:20 am; edited 19 times in total

The original MOD author, shi, hasn't posted here since June 23 of 2004. Thus, I'm considering this MOD abandoned.

shi, or anyone else with his/her permission to continue this MOD, don't hesitate to contact me regarding this.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”