[ABD]Advanced Hide Post 1.0.0 (From Sell Post 0.2.1)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
TimeVirus

Post by TimeVirus » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:35 pm

All seems to be working ok now.

Now for wish list:
1. Name of currency used in all forms. This is to support boards with multiple currencies.
2. Supports images in place of or in addition to the text "sell explanation" in post body.
3. An overall maximum price setting for admins use.
4. Some form of log that a poster can see his income from the post and perhaps even what he has spent on other posts. No biggy though.

I tried fixing #1 by adding {cash_name} in the TPL after the input box, but no luck. Any board using Xore's cash mod may very well have multiple currencies. So that will be a common request I'd think.

Thanks for taking the time to make this into a real mod so everyone can use it. :)
I'm probably wrong again...

creativeminds

Post by creativeminds » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:22 am

Send me a copy please too :)

webmaster@cmlms.3kd.net
Game Central <-- Cool site! Please visit.
GC Premod

shi

Post by shi » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:45 am

kolczyk, creativeminds and Animedude, I'm finding a place for downloading this MOD. The new URL will be announced in a few hours. I've mailed one to you all. Please check your mailboxes.

shi

Post by shi » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:34 am

TimeVirus wrote: All seems to be working ok now.

Now for wish list:
1. Name of currency used in all forms. This is to support boards with multiple currencies.
2. Supports images in place of or in addition to the text "sell explanation" in post body.
4. Some form of log that a poster can see his income from the post and perhaps even what he has spent on other posts. No biggy though.

I tried fixing #1 by adding {cash_name} in the TPL after the input box, but no luck. Any board using Xore's cash mod may very well have multiple currencies. So that will be a common request I'd think.

Thanks for taking the time to make this into a real mod so everyone can use it. :)
  1. I got the same idea as yours. Supporting Xore's Cash MOD fully is in the schedule.
  2. You meant post body instead of viewtopic body? Can you show me an example?
  3. Setting price range have almost been done. Someone else gave me the same suggestion yesterday.
  4. Also a good idea. I'll try.

Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:03 am

Wow...very creative idea!

*Keeping an eye on this one* :wink:

Animedude

Post by Animedude » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:09 pm

shi wrote:
TimeVirus wrote:All seems to be working ok now.

Now for wish list:

1. I got the same idea as yours. Supporting Xore's Cash MOD fully is in the schedule.
  2. You meant post body instead of viewtopic body? Can you show me an example?
  3. Setting price range have almost been done. Someone else gave me the same suggestion yesterday.
  4. Also a good idea. I'll try.

i agree with the post body instead of the whole post. for example

hallo

[hide] blahblah [/hide]

hide only the part that is between [hide][/hide]..

- can u send me the hack, ididnt seem to get ur attachment.

* can u enable the hide to post before can view the hidden post??
* make a page that shows who payed for the post. (possiblelly later work..)

TimeVirus

Post by TimeVirus » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:10 am

A small glitch found by my board users... You can enter a negative value for the sell price. :?

shi

Post by shi » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:39 am

Animedude wrote: i agree with the post body instead of the whole post. for example

hallo

[hide] blahblah [/hide]

I thought about your idea when I started this work. A bbcode works with an option outside the text box, which enable user to input price, make me feel weird. If setting price within the bbcode tag, how to do with multiple selling bbcodes with different price in one post? I have no good solution till now. Also, I have no experience on phpbb since I began to use php and phpBB not long before.
I've mailed one yesterday. It seems to be the error of email. Anyway, the downloading is ok now using a new url. You can get it in my first post in this topic.
Er, I can't understand your thought. Would you explain it in detail?
Sounds like what TimeVirus said. I'll make it.

shi

Post by shi » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:45 am

TimeVirus wrote: A small glitch found by my board users... You can enter a negative value for the sell price. :?

Not a glitch. Perhaps the admin will like it when he wants to reward the user who read the post.

ekin_116

Post by ekin_116 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:47 pm

shi,
thanks for your reply in email....i had downloaded it.
maybe i can translate your MOD to chinese traditional(BIG5).

--------by ekin_116

TimeVirus

Post by TimeVirus » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:01 pm

Perhaps the admin will like it when he wants to reward the user who read the post.
True, it's not really a bug that can be exploited. In fact that's pretty neat, you can pay new users to read forum rules, then they will have a stash to start out with. :)

My users have been enjoying this mod very much so far. A couple have mentioned wanting a feature where you have a pre-sale portion in message body to act as advertisement for post so that it didn't take two posts for a sale.

For example if it could be like: http://www.timedisruptor.com/pics/postsale.jpg much like Animedude describes in page two of this thread.

This seems to be the most important thing as far as user requests. I'd expect thats true other boards too, things like flood control, Xore's cash mod paying per post made and other factors would be helped by that feature.

Animedude

Post by Animedude » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:39 am

shi wrote:
Animedude wrote: i agree with the post body instead of the whole post. for example

hallo

[hide] blahblah [/hide]

I thought about your idea when I started this work. A bbcode works with an option outside the text box, which enable user to input price, make me feel weird. If setting price within the bbcode tag, how to do with multiple selling bbcodes with different price in one post? I have no good solution till now. Also, I have no experience on phpbb since I began to use php and phpBB not long before.
I've mailed one yesterday. It seems to be the error of email. Anyway, the downloading is ok now using a new url. You can get it in my first post in this topic.
Er, I can't understand your thought. Would you explain it in detail?
Sounds like what TimeVirus said. I'll make it.

you know how all those "leoboard" and all thoes chinese bbs script that have all those [hidden] post and you must post to view those posted detail...
i was thinkin of sicne you made this sell post hack, it is kinda related to that too...

shi

Post by shi » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:21 am

ekin_116 wrote: shi,
thanks for your reply in email....i had downloaded it.
maybe i can translate your MOD to chinese traditional(BIG5).

--------by ekin_116

Do it as your pleasure.

shi

Post by shi » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:38 am

TimeVirus wrote: My users have been enjoying this mod very much so far. A couple have mentioned wanting a feature where you have a pre-sale portion in message body to act as advertisement for post so that it didn't take two posts for a sale.

For example if it could be like: http://www.timedisruptor.com/pics/postsale.jpg much like Animedude describes in page two of this thread.

This seems to be the most important thing as far as user requests. I'd expect thats true other boards too, things like flood control, Xore's cash mod paying per post made and other factors would be helped by that feature.

I'd love to make this if you can wait. :)
Animedude wrote: you know how all those "leoboard" and all thoes chinese bbs script that have all those [hidden] post and you must post to view those posted detail...
i was thinkin of sicne you made this sell post hack, it is kinda related to that too...

Do you mean reply to read if I call my mod pay to read? In fact, I also thought about to migrate it and many other amazing features in those Chinese bbs scripts to phpBB. I'll try to do it one by one.

Xore
Former Team Member

Post by Xore » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:08 am

great work so far!
Camels in the Mist
<noise type="random" source="camel" />
Cash Mod

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”