[ABD] Super Moderators

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
gatekeep2

Re: Small bugs

Post by gatekeep2 »

whackyshack wrote: First off I would like to thank you for all your hard work.

I have a small problem with the permissions thing thou. Just like others have said before about the group thing. Mine is with single users.

Say I have one super moderator. I can set him up as a super moderator fine. THat works, but when I want to change his status in the permissions for the forums to 'Is Moderator' for a particular forum (basically just so his name shows up under forum topic) I get one of a few problems. I have three private forums, if I set it so that he can view all of them and hit submit he is bumped up to an 'Administrator' If I set it so that he 'Is Allowed' for 2 of them and 'Not Allowed' for one of them he is bumped down to user with Mod status in the one forum that I set him to be a mod of. Now if I do not set him as 'IS Moderator' of any of the forums then he will remain as a "Super Moderator" and I can set him to 'Not allowed' access to the private forum that I do not want him to enter.

I hope you understand all of this because I would really like to see this thing get all ironed out. This is a really great mod.

BTW while I am still rambling on.
Could you add something in the Mod so that if a user has the "Level in Membership" mod installed it will show these Super Moderators in there too instead of showing them as users in the memberlist. I got it figured out on my forum, but it might be nice for others. Just a suggestion. Thanks again for all the hard work.

The Super Moderator has access to all the forum's like the Administrator, I don't thing you would have to set the "Is Moderator" status.
Please, do not conact me for phpBB support.
Rawly

Post by Rawly »

OK, maybe I should add this to the notes section of my MOD.

From the posts above. I recommend that you REMOVE ANY MOD STATUS of users you will be making into a SUPER MOD before you do so.

PLEASE! Try this before you post any other problems.

:?
whackyshack

Post by whackyshack »

The only reason I posted what I did was to try and help you understand the problems that other people were having. I can leave my super mod without a "is moderator" status, that is fine with me. I was just trying to let you know the problem that I came across. For what its worth I did say thanks and I appreciate the hard work you are doing, God knows I couldn't do it.
whackyshack

Re: Small bugs

Post by whackyshack »

gatekeep2 wrote: The Super Moderator has access to all the forum's like the Administrator, I don't thing you would have to set the "Is Moderator" status.

You are right I dont 'have' to, but I did it just so his name would be there. As I said in my post. You can do this with administrators so that is why I posted. I was just trying to help.
juanchi

Question

Post by juanchi »

I have a very simple question about this mod, is this mod working? I ask this because the last time I install this mod the super moderator can not creat catergories or forums, are the installation files updated?
Rawly

Post by Rawly »

The installation files are updated periodically with the information from these posts.

The last update was 2 weeks ago on the 19th May.

The MOD however, on my own board. Has been working since I created it. THe only thing to go wrong is the Super MOds turning into normal Mods.
Rawly

Post by Rawly »

It is now then, that I out out a plea to ALL modders of the phpBB2 forums. To help us in our quest to sort out this problem remaioning with the super moderators.

The code is still available to download and will be for the forseeable future.

HELP PLEASE! :!: :!: :!:
napy8gen

Post by napy8gen »

hi..

can we make supermoderator not to delete admin, since they got access to user management...
gatekeep2

Post by gatekeep2 »

yea go into the less_admin/user_edit_body.tpl template and comment out

Code: Select all

<tr> 
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_DELETE_USER}?</span></td>
	  <td class="row2"> 
		<input type="checkbox" name="deleteuser">
		{L_DELETE_USER_EXPLAIN}</td>
	</tr>
and i do understand that this removed the super moderator ability to remove ALL users
Please, do not conact me for phpBB support.
adam s

Post by adam s »

when ever change anyone's permissions, anyone at all, all my supermods get set back downt o regular mods.

any fix for this yet?
juanchi

I'm dumb or what?

Post by juanchi »

I read here all the messages about this mod and from what I understand there is only one problem left with the super moderator mod, but I will like to know if the super moderators in your's board can create forums or categories, this is my second install of this mod and I'm still getting the same problem, Super moderator can't insert a forum, I don't see the use of this mod if Super moderator can't create forums. If anyone can help, I will like to know the real status of this mod or If I'm doing something wrong. TIA.
adam s

Post by adam s »

i had to copy many of the admin files and templates overtop of the supermod ones. whatever page isn't working, move it out, and replace it with the same page from the admin folder. if it works, great. if not, u can put the old file back. i did this until i finally got it working.
Rawly

Post by Rawly »

The Super Moderator on my board has these powers and has moved forums, deleted forums and edited them.

IF however, the permissions for a forum are for ADMINS ONLY then the super moderaotr cannot change or delete these forums. It throws up a forum doesn't exist error.

As I said above, the only problem at current is the super moderator changing back(or just changing to) a moderator.

Maybe a little re-write is in order!

*uploads new testboard and starts again*
Dave p

Post by Dave p »

I've looked through and can't find anything about this.
I've installed the mod and the Admin CP changes, and I have two problems:

1 - When I go into the permissions and choose 'Super Moderator' as the user level at the top and click 'Submit', I get a message saying 'Couldn't update user level'.

2 - The instructions I used included the supermodcolors section, which I edited, but I can't change the colors.
Night4554

Post by Night4554 »

did you update the database?

And has anyone had problems about it randomly bumping the person up to admin level, and then displaying him as a mod on the index.php?

I mean, i see he has the color of a mod, green. So i goto permissions, and he's listed as an admin. What's up with that? twice it's happened

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”