[ABD] Super Moderators

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
tk0432

Post by tk0432 »

i didnt seem to find it.

But can a super mod still be blocked from a forum?

And what does a Admin get taht a super mod doesn.t
|-o-| {-o-} |-o-|
Joshua Larsen TK432
MG Web Droid
www.mg501.com
burnthome

Post by burnthome »

hi,
i having this problem :
Couldn't insert row in forums table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'auth_ban' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable, auth_view, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_announce, auth_ban, auth_greencard, auth_bluecard, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate) VALUES ('23', 'Special Events', 4, 'Special events and gatherings for us to meet up and have fun. Enjoy it.', 30, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 5, 1, 1, 1)

Line : 398
File : /home/fforum/public_html/super_mod/admin_forums.php

and i have try alot of times also could find out the error because it looks like no error ....

this error came just after i going to create new forum...

thanks in advance,
burnthome
DragonHart

Post by DragonHart »

I also have some well actually a lot of problems with the supermod :?

I myself and bittenapple both tried to instal this version of the supermod but well it doesn't work!

I can't explain what doesn't work on it because almost evrything doesn't work :wink:

Isn't there another version?
tbartold

Post by tbartold »

I have this installed, but I've modified it heavily to make it simpler.

I can make my version available, but it's probably not in keeping with the original autor's intent.

Basically I've made it so that special less_admin template files are no longer required, and the powers that you wish to grant to the super_mods is simply amatter of copying files from the admin subdirectory to the super_mod subdirectory.

I call my version 2.1.1. so it's an update from the 2.1.0 listed earlier.

If you want to try it... Here's a link to my install.txt file: install.txt

You add more abilities to the super_mods simply by copying files from the admin directory to the super_mod directory.

The files mentioned to copy in the install script should just be copied from your current admin to the super_mod directory.
misakichii

Post by misakichii »

can this be used with 2.0.11? Will it be secure if it is?
kubota

cant get into administrator panel! please help

Post by kubota »

hi, i installed phpBB2 2 weeks ago, then, i found this super moderator MOD, just what i wanted, but...i followed the README to the 'T', everything i followed for the installation, but...i go to my forum, and log in, guess what, the 'goto administrator panel' takes me to the forum pages, and i dont get adminstrator panel, i just CANNOT get into it, so no 'configuration' setting etc. but, i can get into the 'goto Super Administrator' so help, whats going wrong here?
could some one explain where i maybe going wrong, and even could some one be really kind enough to just send me the php files that need to be altered.although i did everything as it said in README, i may have got the idea wrong...thanks, i need some help as i really wanted this MOD!
if it aint broke dont fix it...
maharajah

Post by maharajah »

I am having exactly the same problem.

All is working perfectly except as admin, when i click, "Go to Administration panel", it takes me back to the index page.

kooky

Post by kooky »

maharajah wrote: I am having exactly the same problem.

All is working perfectly except as admin, when i click, "Go to Administration panel", it takes me back to the index page.

Rawly wrote: OK, I made this MOD to enable Admin's to create super moderators with restricted Administrative Abilities.

I tried uploading it to the MOD's database, but it kept saying invalid login. I hope posting the link to the zip is ok! *HOPES*
UPDATES
http://www.jrawly.co.uk/stuff/super_mod.zip

**UPDATED 11/12/2002**
Last update is 2002
don't blame us if you have problem
since 2002, there were few new versions of phpBB like 2.0.6, 2.0.7, ..., 2.0.11

search for alternate solutions, they exist ;)
My Contribs (included the User Class, ModCP...) | My blog

My Station: Image :: My Browser: Image
bummed

Post by bummed »

Save yourself the headache. Write it like this:

Code: Select all

if ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN )
{
	$admin_link = '<a href="admin/index.' . $phpEx . '?sid=' . $userdata['session_id'] . '">' . $lang['Admin_panel'] . '</a><br /><a href="super_mod/index.' . $phpEx . '?sid=' . $userdata['session_id'] . '">' . $lang['Super_Mod_panel'] . '</a><br /><br />';
}
else if ( $userdata['user_level'] == LESS_ADMIN )
{
	$admin_link = '<a href="super_mod/index.' . $phpEx . '?sid=' . $userdata['session_id'] . '">' . $lang['Super_Mod_panel'] . '</a><br /><br />';
}
misakichii

Post by misakichii »

what alternate solutions?
kooky

Post by kooky »

misakichii wrote: what alternate solutions?
For example here with the Main Moderator (from the User Level Mod) and the Moderator CP (with an addon for the Main Mod) :wink:
My Contribs (included the User Class, ModCP...) | My blog

My Station: Image :: My Browser: Image
sabikeli

Post by sabikeli »

need help with the "Super Moderator" Mod ??

when you go to the forum/super_mod/ it is all black and with the Phpbb logo. I put the less_admin folder in the fisubgreen skin folder and it is just all black with the boxes outlined in white and yellow font for the titles and black for the links like Management and stuff.

Please help, please...
sabikeli
Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor »

Can anyone tell me where to find this mod, and the link on the 1st post is dead.
CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,
Mad Professor wrote: Can anyone tell me where to find this mod, and the link on the 1st post is dead.

Have a look Here..

However you may be more interested in the above post about an alternate that is also being developed as mentioned by kooky

Hope this helps,

Des. . . :wink:
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |
Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor »

Yer i saw the above post just after my reply, Just looking tho the details atm.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”