[BETA] Medal System MOD [ Latest: 0.4.6 ]

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
BrooklynFUNK

Post by BrooklynFUNK »

LoL, thanx, I did it. But I still have the other problem: I don't see Medal Admin options in my Admin control panel.

I've installed virtual server on my pc (php5, MySql4), and installed clean phpBB 2.0.14. After that I followed instructions, and installed Medal Mod 2.2.2.
Now, I can see 'Medal' option on Index page (among others: Memberlist, Usergroups, etc), but when I go to Admin CP, on the left side, there's nothing related to Medal Mod...

Any ideas???

As I understood in install instructions, files 'admin_medal.php' and 'admin_medal_cfg.php' should be in 'forumroot/admin/admin/' folder, (in Admin folder should be another Admin subfolder). Is this correct???
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

I am sorry. I forgot that those are profile control panel related :oops: Glad you found the right ones to modify.

Those files Brooklyn should be in the forumroot/admin folder. There is no admin subfolder. Give that a shot.
BrooklynFUNK

Post by BrooklynFUNK »

After I put 'admin_medal.php' and 'admin_medal_cfg.php' in Admin folder, I get blank left frame in admin CP.

It's the same for IE and for Firefox: left frame of Admin CP is blank.

Sorry people, but I really want this mod on my forum! Again, any ideas???
Fille2004

Post by Fille2004 »

Ehm I've got a question regarding this mod, can you click the small medals and then get an even bigger picture of the medal?

I'm asking caus I've drawn some big pretty pictures of some medals and I want them to show up when a user is clicking on a certain minimedal that is associated to that big pictured medal.
Kinsman

Post by Kinsman »

not that im aware of no, you can click on the view more link, to go to the the users profile, and see all there medals.

i use 25x60 images, i tried increasing this, but it just "stretched" all my existing ones! :o
Chachu

Post by Chachu »

okay now i have lil problem, the medal system is workin perfectly fine in the subsilver theme, but how come competable is it with other templetes,

As i noticed in other mod there isnt any difference while changing the code in the .tpl files of the templet

but i noticed this one line missing in the BBtech templete which is avaliable in the styles section..

in the overall_header.tpl file thi is wht the change is to made

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#
[b]{L_USERGROUPS}</a>&nbsp;[/b]

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#
&nbsp;<a href="{U_MEDALS}" class="mainmenu">{I_MEDALS}{L_MEDALS}</a>&nbsp;

but this line

{L_USERGROUPS}</a>&nbsp;
is not present there instead this is there..

{L_USERGROUPS}"></A></TD>

I guess this is not a big prob :S
im not much of a programmer in sql. so cant figure this out

could you plz help me on this one plz
laisvai

Post by laisvai »

BrooklynFUNK wrote: After I put 'admin_medal.php' and 'admin_medal_cfg.php' in Admin folder, I get blank left frame in admin CP.

Same problem, with this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_info() in /home/laisvai/public_html/phpBB2/admin/admin_forums.php on line 71

it comes when i copy admin_medal.php file :?
wadachicken

Post by wadachicken »

laisvai wrote:
BrooklynFUNK wrote:After I put 'admin_medal.php' and 'admin_medal_cfg.php' in Admin folder, I get blank left frame in admin CP.

Same problem, with this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_info() in /home/laisvai/public_html/phpBB2/admin/admin_forums.php on line 71

it comes when i copy admin_medal.php file :?

Same here!

I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_info() in /home3/graphixh/public_html/forum/admin/admin_medal.php on line 68
Also when I go to medalcp.php it says I'm not authorized....?
songdove

Post by songdove »

I have Medal System 2.2.2 installed, but did not see any instructions for integrating it into the pcp. How do I do that?
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

songdove: Take a look at my discussion with MrDSL. visit http://bhere.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=492&highlight=
MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

I have actually gotten the profile section working with PCP but the topics section doesn't work right (this can be fixed by just hacking around PCP). You can see a demo of it here

username/pass

tester/tester
Flint101

Post by Flint101 »

hi, I keep getting error, and I went over things a bunch of times

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/efaclnc/public_html/forums/viewtopic.php on line 1311

I checked that. and there is no 1311 line...so no idea what to do...

www.efacln.com/forums/

I had to disable the forums, cause thats what I got everytime I looked a topic in a forum.
songdove

Post by songdove »

MrDSL wrote: I have actually gotten the profile section working with PCP but the topics section doesn't work right (this can be fixed by just hacking around PCP). You can see a demo of it here

username/pass

tester/tester

I have the view topics thing working just fine, it points to the pcp too all on its own.

Gremlinn thanks so much. Now for another question, and this may sound really dumb. . . MrDSL you said to add the two lang files whereever I want them. Um. . . what pages can they be added to?
MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

songdove wrote:
MrDSL wrote:I have actually gotten the profile section working with PCP but the topics section doesn't work right (this can be fixed by just hacking around PCP). You can see a demo of it here

username/pass

tester/tester

I have the view topics thing working just fine, it points to the pcp too all on its own.

Gremlinn thanks so much. Now for another question, and this may sound really dumb. . . MrDSL you said to add the two lang files whereever I want them. Um. . . what pages can they be added to?

Did you hack around PCP to do this?

What 2 lang files? Was this from another topic?
laisvai

Post by laisvai »

Please finish this great mod :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”