[BETA] Medal System MOD [ Latest: 0.4.6 ]

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
OmegaQuest

Post by OmegaQuest »

Sorry, I just did a Skim.....

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Hi OmegaQuest, as pengrus has pointed out, this can be done
see my post dated Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:54 pm

~Mac

JakeNess

Post by JakeNess »

How soon will you have all the fixes made to the downloadable file? When will it be submitted for validation? I am waiting because I had a bad previous experience with modding before being absolutely sure it will work.

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

the latest version has all the bug fix mentioned before
xmulder sgguestion (not to give medal modertor the medal in default) is not really a BUG, so that is not included in the installation guide

the mod has submitted for validation (on Fri Nov 07, 2003) as title suggested :wink:

~Mac

cwcollector

I have an idea

Post by cwcollector »

What about having a nomination page so people can nominate others for the medal.

pengrus

Post by pengrus »

I would like to have the capability of awarding the SAME metal to a user multiple times.

For example, we have bi-weekly Challenge, if a member win multiple times, he will get the same medal.

It would be nice to be able list the same medal multiple times for that winner with an explaination of when and for what reason this metal was awarded, like "for Challenge #9", "for Challenge #13", etc.

Is this possible?

Frold

Post by Frold »

is it possibel to connect images to the medals? So a medal in silver, gold or what ever is shown in there profile and when the made they made a post.. instead just a number

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Regarding cwcollector's suggestion, it would mean expanding the mod by quite a lot, like adding options to a medal during creation to allow nomination or not, and the nomination (poll-kind) page. I won't be able to do any expansion to the mod coz I'm writing my desertation, so I'm kinda busy right now :wink:

As to pengrus's suggestion, I will look into the db designed to see if there is a easy way to this, if not, the db structure might need to be re-designed.
Frold wrote: is it possibel to connect images to the medals? So a medal in silver, gold or what ever is shown in there profile and when the made they made a post.. instead just a number

This mod should display all the mdeal a user holds in their profile page, just like one of the screen shots I've got in the first post, or see dask's forum for an Example

and regarding display medal image in viewtopic is updated in Version 1.1.0 where admin can choose to display images in viewtopic or not (in main configuration)
## 2003-11-03 - Version 1.1.0
## - Allow admin to choose showing medal images in viewtopic or not
## - Allow admin to configure number of rows & column in the viewtopic display

~Mac

pengrus

Post by pengrus »

ycl6 wrote: As to pengrus's suggestion, I will look into the db designed to see if there is a easy way to this, if not, the db structure might need to be re-designed.
~Mac

Thank you, Mac!!! If this is indeed possible, I would install it without any hesitation and in my opinion, it's going to be perfect award system! So I don't need to look into the fancy cash mod...

Mac, you are doing a wonderful job! Good luck to your desertation!! :)

theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

Im the site admin. I made myself the medal moderator of one medal.

I add a member and it says

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: from() in /home/virtual/site53/fst/home/ffalliance/public_html/medalcp.php on line 298

Eventhough the error shows, the member still recieves the medal XD

line 298 is

Code: Select all

$emailer->from($board_config['board_email']);	// 2.0.6
stuff around it

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/emailer.'.$phpEx);
				$emailer = new emailer($board_config['smtp_delivery']);

//				$email_headers = 'From: ' . $board_config['board_email'] . "\nReturn-Path: " . $board_config['board_email'] . "\n";	// 2.0.4
				$emailer->replyto($board_config['board_email']);// 2.0.6

$emailer->use_template('medal_added', $row['user_lang']);
				$emailer->email_address($row['user_email']);
				$emailer->set_subject($lang['Medal_added']);
				$emailer->extra_headers($email_headers);

im using 2.0.4

i applied the "medal moderators dont get the medal automatically"

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

as you can see on the moderation, I commented the new code is for 2.0.6 (which is required by phpBB DB submittion to have the code updated for the latest phpBB version)

to use with 2.0.4, change the following

//				$email_headers = 'From: ' . $board_config['board_email'] . "\nReturn-Path: " . $board_config['board_email'] . "\n";	// 2.0.4
				$emailer->replyto($board_config['board_email']);// 2.0.6
to

$email_headers = 'From: ' . $board_config['board_email'] . "\nReturn-Path: " . $board_config['board_email'] . "\n";	// 2.0.4
//				$emailer->from($board_config['board_email']);	// 2.0.6
//				$emailer->replyto($board_config['board_email']);// 2.0.6
~Mac

theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

thanks, ill try that

EDIT: perfect! thanks, nice mod 8)

Jhno

Post by Jhno »

ycl6 wrote: let me know what you think of the MOD after you are done :D

~Mac

I will, as soon as someone in my forum deserves a medal! :D

pengrus

Post by pengrus »

I also like to get some feedback on this mod. I plan to have it on my board sometime.

Thanks!

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Ok, just a quick status on this MOD (so to let you know I've not abandon this project yet)

This MOD has just been rejected by MOD DB on slightly incorrect MOD template. This is very easy to fix. However, before I re-submit this MOD again, I'm going to work on those suggestions raised in this thread previously, this/next week.

Check back on this thread again for later developments

~Mac

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”