[BETA] Medal System MOD [ Latest: 0.4.6 ]

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Ok, just a quick status on this MOD (so to let you know I've not abandon this project yet)

This MOD has just been rejected by MOD DB on slightly incorrect MOD template. This is very easy to fix. However, before I re-submit this MOD again, I'm going to work on those suggestions raised in this thread previously, this/next week.

Check back on this thread again for later developments

~Mac

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Oops, a double post

~Mac

pengrus

Post by pengrus »

Thank you Mac!!!

You are doing a great job! I know that you will make this perfect!!!

Look forward to it! You know, it's end of the year. :lol:

chatto

Post by chatto »

This really great mod, I want to give medal or medal to groups not a single user..

So, I tried to do something about that I can't do it... I don't have enough php background....

How can i give medal(s) to groups? what kind of changes do I made in mysql and php code?

new release of medal mod may contains that feature?

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

chatto, what you've suggesting isn't too difficult. I might change the way users are managed to something else (instead like a group management), More like the banning system in ACP with a list box. I'm still thinking of the easiest way to have users managed. So when I came out the solution, I'll think out something to give group medal/medals.

I have quite a lot to change for this MOD, so the progress would be slow :oops: .

~Mac

chatto

Post by chatto »

thank you very much, so pleased.

what's the release date of new version of medal mod?

do you have any idea about that?

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

I would say there will be one more update before the end of this year. I'm not sure how many things I can change by then, we will see.

~Mac

pengrus

Post by pengrus »

Mac,

I wish you a Happy New Year. Any update on the mod? I can't wait to install the new version with the features you mentioned.

Thanks in advance!

gurukast

Post by gurukast »

crap.. I can't type when I'm too tired. Lets Try this again. How about an additional field which lets you specify a small sized..say 15 x 20 image that you could use in the viewtopic for medals... sort of like a mini-medal... in the viewprofile you'll get the full thing...
Last edited by gurukast on Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

blowfish

Post by blowfish »

HI

Fantastic looking Mod - been looking for something similar a long time now. will go well next to the current rank mod.

I am currently administrator of a Gaming Clan Forum. So this mod fits in quite well. But I would like to suggest a few feature that would make this more suitable to our clan.

Please these are not demands so don't abuse me for their length and complexity :) :oops: . I am just posting how I can see them best working for our forum setup, with multiple Moderators and team groups.

Unfortunately I haven’t learnt php or Mysql besides basics so I can't do these myself yet. :(, I know some of these have been mentioned before just thought I would list them,

awarding the SAME metal to a user multiple times
The basic medals we would have like a marksman ship award, or player of the match. these could in theory be given multiple times to one person.

I was thinking if in the profile and other display pages it could show a new box at the start/end of a row with the number of times awarded, counting towards overall medal tally.

As pengrus said it would be nice/but not essential if you could also specify the reason for each time it was awarded maybe listed as numbered notes below that medal row in that users profile.

Medal Nominations
this would be great, a nomination (poll-kind) page, restricted to certain members like in "Forum Admin permissions". so only clan members can vote.

The ability to specify required % for it to be awarded eg need 80% votes "yes" to get medal once poll closes

Set time limits for all polls eg. 1 week or 2 weeks.

Also another issue my clan may have is the main two teams for our clan, Call of Duty and Medal of Honor are separated into two Usergroups. It would be great if you could restrict nominations and voting of members to only those in that group, eg. group A members can only nominate and vote for group A members.

Multiple Group Moderators.
As you know we can't be around 24/7 for everyone so our clan has Captains for each game to moderate the teams. Each team has its own usergroup. we currently use the mod group_moderatorZ 1.0.1 to allow multiple moderators for each usergroup. this means each team is not relying on just one person to update users, post news, wars etc.

I take it this mod will not effect the group_moderatorZ mod and will not benefit from it either. If it won't automatically get the benefit can I suggest a new Update with the ability to specify multiple Medal moderator.

Don't give moderator a medal
moderator can choose to give himself/herself the medal or not in the medalcp, would this still work if a group moderator system was introduced?

Sorry about the length :D

Please let me know if any of those ideas were not clear enough. If you want to see or understand any of the ideas above in more detail let me know. I can modify your screenshots to reflect the changes I am suggesting and how the would appear to the users. :)

So is the current version listed now compliant with the phpBB requests??
Regards
Brett

gurukast

Post by gurukast »

or how about an awards button... that when you click does a pop up ala mini-profile style with a showing of medals? It will be in line with the msn icq etc... andonly visisble when they have medals...

gurukast

*bump*

Post by gurukast »

hey mac, any updates in the works?

ego

Post by ego »

very great hack I love it!

xmulder

Post by xmulder »

any more updates? love this mod to bits

ycl6
Translator