[BETA] Medal System MOD [ Latest: 0.4.6 ]

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Re: [BETA] Medal System MOD [ Latest: 0.4.6 ]

Post by Gremlinn »

This mod has not been converted to work with phpbb3.X yet.

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

I believe someone is working on it in the 3.0 Dev forum, so I'm not going to it. :)

~Mac

CrimsonThunder

Post by CrimsonThunder »

He was working on it but now its got no workable links and hes not been seen for ages... Could you please convert it? I really need this mod. ;)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

As much as I'll like to do it, I don't have enough time to work on more new MODs

My suggestion is do a MOD request in the [3.0.x] MOD Requests forum or keeps poking the MOD author for update info.

~Mac

RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

ycl6 wrote:keeps poking the MOD author for update info.
Been doing this for almost 2 months now - but not very helpful when he hasn't logged in for the same amount of time :(

So if anybody out there is keen on taking over development of the 3.0 version of this MOD then I am sure many would be grateful!

It is such a great idea and this MOD on our PHPBB2 forum was extremely popular.

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

I would be willing to take a crack at converting this, but I don't have much time at the moment. I too will need this for my upgrade to phpBB3.0.

Most of the work is complete with this version, so only the how it functions with the new forum coding needs to be worked out. If noone gets to it by the time I am ready for this, I will look at it.

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Gremlinn would be a very good person to take this forward, he's been using and supporting this MOD since the very beginning :)

~Nac

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

FYI: I have a copy of what geoffreak started for converting this. As everyone is asking for the conversion. I have started to understand his work (which looks pretty good). Once I get a little moved on it, I will post a new thread for my development of the Medal System MOD for phpBB3. It will evolve separately from geoffreak's. (his topic: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=543809 )

Gremlinn

Post by Gremlinn »

Here is the topic where I start picking this up. :geek: I have added some fixes too.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=582123

hshah

Post by hshah »

How can I remove the part "Medals: None" when the user has no medals? I am assuming I have to do some sort of IF Statement, but I don't have a clue what to do...
Join the OcUK Cyber Nations Alliance
http://hirenshah.co.uk/ocuk

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

stduentforums wrote:How can I remove the part "Medals: None" when the user has no medals? I am assuming I have to do some sort of IF Statement, but I don't have a clue what to do...
open viewtopic.php

FIND

Code: Select all

$medal_count = ($medal_count) ? $lang['Medals'] . ': <a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $postrow[$i]['user_id'] . "#medal") . '" class="gensmall">' . $medal_count . '</a>' . ' (<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $postrow[$i]['user_id'] . "#medal") . '" class="gensmall">' . $lang['View_More'] . '</a>)' : $lang['Medals'] . ': ' . $lang['None'];
replace with

Code: Select all

$medal_count = ($medal_count) ? $lang['Medals'] . ': <a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $postrow[$i]['user_id'] . "#medal") . '" class="gensmall">' . $medal_count . '</a>' . ' (<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $postrow[$i]['user_id'] . "#medal") . '" class="gensmall">' . $lang['View_More'] . '</a>)' : ' ';
Done!!

On an aside, I had to disable the viewtopic part as the sql query in the look was killing the forum as it basically addes an additional query to each post in a thread. So if you had 30 posts per page allowed an additional 30 queries would be performed, 15 posts per page an additional 15, etc.

I would think there would be a way to build an array of the medal owners and the medals they own then select the information from that array to be displayed.

Any thoughts Mac?
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

*kel*

Post by *kel* »

i installed this mod, no problems a few months ago. all of a sudden last week no one could post on my board. it was coming up with a debug error, saying this:

Error getting medal information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1017 Can't find file: 'm' (errno: 2)

SELECT m.medal_id, m.medal_name FROM phpbb_medal m, phpbb_medal_user mu WHERE mu.user_id = '218' AND m.medal_id = mu.medal_id ORDER BY m.medal_name

Line : 1161
File : viewtopic.php

i hadnt changed anything before this happened. i took off the mod and re-did it and still got the same message

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Seems there's a problem with your database recognising database table alias (i.e m stands for phpbb_medal in this case).

Could be a recent change in the server's system. I think you better check with your webhost and sort out the problem with him/her.

~Mac

*kel*

Post by *kel* »

thanks for the advice, il contact them and see whats happened!

stlbluesaddict

Post by stlbluesaddict »

Not sure if anyone can help me with this as it is related to an older version running on phpnuke. I am running Medals 2.0.2 and I find that while I have 5 categories, all displaying in the Admin Panel, with 39 medals, only 4 categories and 29 medals are displayed under "Medals" in the Forums.

Any ideas as to how I can edit associated files so that all categories and all medals are displayed on the public Medals page?

Here is the webpage... http://www.eherf.com/modules.php?name=F ... ile=medals

Again, this is not showing all Categories. It will only display 4 of the 5 configured categories, omitting one category with 10 medals in it.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”