[BETA] Medal System MOD [ Latest: 0.4.6 ]

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
pjessop

Re: [BETA] Medal System MOD [ Latest: 0.4.6 ]

Post by pjessop »

I love this mod. I installed it and is almost perfect for my board.

The one thing that would make it perfect and was wondering if it was possible to program (i can pay if you are interested in doing it) that the recipient of the medal can click the award in their view profile and it will send a medal request to admin (member name, medal type, email). Admin can then post out a physical medal as the reward.

Well, to be exact. I'm not using the medal mod for medals. I'm replacing medals for gift vouchers for my board. When i place a 'gift voucher' in someones viewprofile (as a result of loyalty or their contribution) it would be amazing if they could click the gift voucher which would mean i would be alerted with their details and that they want to 'cash in' the voucher and then I would email them the discount code of the voucher (and then remove the voucher from their viewprofile when cashed in).

It would be great if other users could browse people's 'medal table' (or in my case 'voucher table') but would only be able to click on their own vouchers to redeem them.

No worries if you can't help & congratulations on a great mod

PJ

WestWien

Post by WestWien »

i have installed the medal system mod and it works

the only problem is, that the medals are not displayed in the viewtopic (and its marked that it should be)

i dont know how i could solve this problem?

BiboBB

Post by BiboBB »

hi every1
i installed it and works fine except for 1 thing, when i give a medal it transfers me to medalcp.php but gives me an error msg (internal server error), when i go back to the index, the medal is give but the mail isn't sent.. any suggestions??

stlbluesaddict

Post by stlbluesaddict »

Anyone familiar with, or tried, adding a line at the bottom of the forums page under Top Posting Members to identify Members with most medals?

Anyone know how this could be done?

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

stlbluesaddict wrote:Anyone familiar with, or tried, adding a line at the bottom of the forums page under Top Posting Members to identify Members with most medals?

Anyone know how this could be done?
Of course it could be done, theoretically. But I don't have a code that do that right now.

~Mac

JakeCourtney

Post by JakeCourtney »

Anyone know of a free forum hosting service that would allow me to install and use this mod. Thanks in advance for anyone that answers.

Leobon

Post by Leobon »

I installed this medal mod and it's screwed up a lot. I had installed it on a testboard and it worked just fine, it's just not very compatible with the main forum, BraveNewForum.com .

When I try to get into my administration panel, I get this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/demsocne/public_html/bravenewforum/templates/cleanSilver/cleanSilver.cfg:142) in /home/demsocne/public_html/bravenewforum/includes/functions.php on line 1322

Here's what line 1322 and its neighbors look like:

1321 // Behave as per HTTP/1.1 spec for others
1322 header('Location: ' . $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . $url);
1323 exit;
1324 }

Can somebody help?

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

Leobon, I think you need to look at the cleanSilver.cfg file. That shouldn't be writing any header information.

phpBB3 conversion update:: ycl6: I don't know if you have been watching my progress. But, I am done with major coding on the conversion/rewrite for this Medal System. Medal System MOD for phpBB3

I'll let you know when I get a test site setup and/or screen shots.

Thanks for asking me to do the conversion.

Leobon

Post by Leobon »

Thanks for the suggestion Gremlinn. I just went through my cleanSilver configuration file, and I couldn't find any header information.

Here's the code, 150 lines approximately:

Code: Select all

/* CleanSilver phpBB Style by GHS - www.GamesMax.org */body {    background-color: #ffffff;    margin:0px;    padding:0;    font-size: 11px}/* Texto */font,th,td,p { font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif }a:link,a:active,a:visited { color : #0080c0; }a:hover		{ text-decoration: underline; color : #009BE6; }hr	{ height: 0px; border: solid #D1D7DC 0px; border-top-width: 1px;}.gen { font-size : 12px; }.genmed { font-size : 11px; }.gensmall { font-size : 10px; }.gen,.genmed,.gensmall { color : #000000; }a.gen,a.genmed,a.gensmall { color: #0080C0; text-decoration: none; }a.gen:hover,a.genmed:hover,a.gensmall:hover	{ color: #009BE6; text-decoration: underline; }.maintitle,h1,h2	{			font-weight: bold; font-size: 22px; font-family: "Trebuchet MS",Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;			text-decoration: none; line-height : 120%; color : #000000;}/* Configuração das fontes do nome dos fóruns e tópicos */.forumlink		{ font-weight: bold; font-size: 12px; color : #0080C0; }a.forumlink 	{ text-decoration: none; color : #0080C0; }a.forumlink:hover{ text-decoration: underline; color : #009BE6; }.topictitle			{ font-weight: bold; font-size: 11px; color : #000000; }a.topictitle:link   { text-decoration: none; color : #0080C0; }a.topictitle:visited { text-decoration: none; color : #0080c0; }a.topictitle:hover	{ text-decoration: underline; color : #009BE6; }/* Linha em volta das Tabelas */.forumline	{ background-color: #D0D0D0; border: 0px #ffffff solid; }/* Plano de Fundo das Tabelas */td.row1	{ background-color: #FFFFFF; }td.row2	{ background-color: #F4F4F4; }td.row3	{ background-color: #FFFFFF; }td.row4	{ background-color: #FFFFFF;} td.row4:hover{background: #f7f7f7 ;border: solid 0px #FFFFFF;border-right-color: #D2D2D2;border-bottom-color: #D2D2D2;}/*Plano de Fundo da Tabela onde fica Fórum, Tópicos, Mensagens, Última Mensagem, etc. noíndice do fórum.*/th	{	color: #0080C0; font-size: 11px; font-weight : bold;	background-color: #F4F4F4; height: 25px;	background-image: url(images/cellpic2.gif);}td.cat,td.catHead,td.catSides,td.catLeft,td.catRight,td.catBottom {			background-image: url(images/cellpic1.gif);			background-color:#D1D7DC; border: #FFFFFF; border-style: solid; height: 28px;}td.cat,td.catHead,td.catBottom {	height: 29px;	border-width: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}th.thHead,th.thSides,th.thTop,th.thLeft,th.thRight,th.thBottom,th.thCornerL,th.thCornerR {	font-weight: bold; border: #FFFFFF; border-style: solid; height: 28px; }td.row3Right,td.spaceRow {	background-color: #D0D0D0; border: #FFFFFF; border-style: solid; }th.thHead,td.catHead { font-size: 12px; border-width: 1px 1px 0px 1px; }th.thSides,td.catSides,td.spaceRow	 { border-width: 0px 1px 0px 1px; }th.thRight,td.catRight,td.row3Right	 { border-width: 0px 1px 0px 0px; }th.thLeft,td.catLeft	  { border-width: 0px 0px 0px 1px; }th.thBottom,td.catBottom  { border-width: 0px 1px 1px 1px; }th.thTop	 { border-width: 1px 0px 0px 0px; }th.thCornerL { border-width: 1px 0px 0px 1px; }th.thCornerR { border-width: 1px 1px 0px 0px; }/* Título das Categorias */.cattitle		{ font-weight: bold; font-size: 12px ; letter-spacing: 1px; color : #0080C0}a.cattitle		{ text-decoration: none; color : #0080C0; }a.cattitle:hover{ text-decoration: underline; color : #009BE6; }/* Topo do fórum */.topbkg{background: #FFFFFF url(images/cellpic_top.gif) repeat-x}.topnav{font-size:10px; background: #D0D0D0 url(images/topmenu_bkg.gif) repeat-x;height:21px;white-space:nowrap;border: 0px solid #91a0ae;border-width: 1px 0px 1px 0px}/* Used for the navigation text, (Page 1,2,3 etc) and the navigation bar when in a forum */.nav			{ font-weight: bold; font-size: 11px; color : #000000;}a.nav			{ text-decoration: none; color : #0080C0; }a.nav:hover		{ text-decoration: underline; }/* Nick Name e detalhes do usuário nos posts. */.name			{ font-size : 11px; color : #0080C0;}.postdetails		{ font-size : 10px; color : #000000; }.publicdetails		{ font-size : 10px; color : #0080c0; }/* Padrão do conteúdo dos posts */.postbody { font-size : 12px;}a.postlink:link	{ text-decoration: none; color : #0080C0 }a.postlink:visited { text-decoration: none; color : #0080c0; }a.postlink:hover { text-decoration: underline; color : #009BE6}/* Configurações dos Blocos de Código e Citação */.code {	font-family: Courier, 'Courier New', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #0080C0;	background-color: #FAFAFA; border: #D1D7DC; border-style: solid;	border-left-width: 1px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px}.quote {	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; color: #444444; line-height: 125%;	background-color: #FAFAFA; border: #D1D7DC; border-style: solid;	border-left-width: 1px; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px}/* Elementos Formulário */input,textarea, select {	color : #000000;	font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;	border-color : #000000;}/* Plano de Fundo dos Campos para Preencher */input.post, textarea.post, select {	background-color : #FFFFFF;}input { text-indent : 2px; }/* Estilo dos botões de bbCode em posting.php */input.button {	background-color : #ECF9FF;	color : #0080C0;	font-size: 11px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}/* Texto no Rodapé */.footer		{ font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #444444; letter-spacing: -1px;}a.footer		{ color: #444444; text-decoration: none;}a.footer:hover { color: #000000; text-decoration: underline;}/* Configurações dos botões de submeter */input.mainoption {	background-color : #FAFAFA;}input.liteoption {	background-color : #FAFAFA;	font-weight : normal;}.helpline { background-color: #DEE3E7; border-style: none; }/* Import the fancy styles for IE only (NS4.x doesn't use the @import function) */@import url("formIE.css");
I know it's all jumbled up now, and no one is under any obligation to help me, but I seriously cannot find anything to do with headers in this block of code above.

Leobon

Post by Leobon »

I did a more detailed scan of the file, and I found this:

th.thHead,td.catHead { font-size: 12px; border-width: 1px 1px 0px 1px; }

That's as remotely close to "Header" as I've seen. Should I get rid of it?

Leobon

Post by Leobon »

Sorry. I was looking at the css not the cfg file. This is teh cfg file:

Code: Select all

<?php

//

// **      Configuration file for cleanSilver template     **

//

// **         copyright (C) 2001 The phpBB Group           **

// **           Created by GhS - Gamesmax.org              **

// **       Based on subSilver.cfg - www.subBlue.com       **

//

//

// $Id: cleanSilver.cfg,v 1.11.2.1 2005/10/08 19:41:31 grahamje Exp $

//

// Please note that to enable support of different languages

// the {LANG} place holder is available. This will be replaced

// with xxx where xxx is the users selected language. If

// that language isn't available it will default to english. 

// Therefore you MUST ensure you have at least a english 

// directory if you choose to localise your template

//

//

// Do not alter this line!

//

define(TEMPLATE_CONFIG, TRUE);

$current_template_images = $current_template_path . "/images";

$images['icon_quote'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_quote.gif";

$images['icon_edit'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_edit.gif";

$images['icon_search'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_search.gif";

$images['icon_profile'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_profile.gif";

$images['icon_pm'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_pm.gif";

$images['icon_email'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_email.gif";

$images['icon_delpost'] = "$current_template_images/icon_delete.gif";

$images['icon_ip'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_ip.gif";

$images['icon_www'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_www.gif";

$images['icon_icq'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_icq_add.gif";

$images['icon_aim'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_aim.gif";

$images['icon_yim'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_yim.gif";

$images['icon_msnm'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_msnm.gif";

$images['icon_minipost'] = "$current_template_images/icon_minipost.gif";

$images['icon_gotopost'] = "$current_template_images/icon_minipost.gif";

$images['icon_minipost_new'] = "$current_template_images/icon_minipost_new.gif";

$images['icon_latest_reply'] = "$current_template_images/icon_latest_reply.gif";

$images['icon_newest_reply'] = "$current_template_images/icon_newest_reply.gif";

$images['forum'] = "$current_template_images/folder.gif";

$images['forum_new'] = "$current_template_images/folder_new.gif";

$images['forum_locked'] = "$current_template_images/folder_locked.gif";

$images['folder'] = "$current_template_images/folder.gif";

$images['folder_new'] = "$current_template_images/folder_new.gif";

$images['folder_hot'] = "$current_template_images/folder_hot.gif";

$images['folder_hot_new'] = "$current_template_images/folder_new_hot.gif";

$images['folder_locked'] = "$current_template_images/folder_locked.gif";

$images['folder_locked_new'] = "$current_template_images/folder_locked_new.gif";

$images['folder_sticky'] = "$current_template_images/folder_sticky.gif";

$images['folder_sticky_new'] = "$current_template_images/folder_sticky_new.gif";

$images['folder_announce'] = "$current_template_images/folder_announce.gif";

$images['folder_announce_new'] = "$current_template_images/folder_announce_new.gif";

$images['post_new'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/post.gif";

$images['post_locked'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/reply-locked.gif";

$images['reply_new'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/reply.gif";

$images['reply_locked'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/reply-locked.gif";

$images['pm_inbox'] = "$current_template_images/msg_inbox.gif";

$images['pm_outbox'] = "$current_template_images/msg_outbox.gif";

$images['pm_savebox'] = "$current_template_images/msg_savebox.gif";

$images['pm_sentbox'] = "$current_template_images/msg_sentbox.gif";

$images['pm_readmsg'] = "$current_template_images/folder.gif";

$images['pm_unreadmsg'] = "$current_template_images/folder_new.gif";

$images['pm_replymsg'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/reply.gif";

$images['pm_postmsg'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/msg_newpost.gif";

$images['pm_quotemsg'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_quote.gif";

$images['pm_editmsg'] = "$current_template_images/{LANG}/icon_edit.gif";

$images['pm_new_msg'] = "";

$images['pm_no_new_msg'] = "";

$images['Topic_watch'] = "";

$images['topic_un_watch'] = "";

$images['topic_mod_lock'] = "$current_template_images/topic_lock.gif";

$images['topic_mod_unlock'] = "$current_template_images/topic_unlock.gif";

$images['topic_mod_split'] = "$current_template_images/topic_split.gif";

$images['topic_mod_move'] = "$current_template_images/topic_move.gif";

$images['topic_mod_delete'] = "$current_template_images/topic_delete.gif";

$images['voting_graphic'][0] = "$current_template_images/voting_bar.gif";

$images['voting_graphic'][1] = "$current_template_images/voting_bar.gif";

$images['voting_graphic'][2] = "$current_template_images/voting_bar.gif";

$images['voting_graphic'][3] = "$current_template_images/voting_bar.gif";

$images['voting_graphic'][4] = "$current_template_images/voting_bar.gif";

//

// Vote graphic length defines the maximum length of a vote result

// graphic, ie. 100% = this length

//

$board_config['vote_graphic_length'] = 205;

$board_config['privmsg_graphic_length'] = 175;

$images['Medals'] = "$current_template_images/icon_mini_medal.gif";	// Medal MOD

?>

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

Is you file really double spaced? Or is it because of the editor your using? If every other line removed (as happens files saved in windows format sometimes), I only see 139 lines. Where is lines 140+?

What you need to look for is a typo in the file around line 142. Including spaces before <?php and after ?> (at the top and bottom of the file).

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Yes. That error means you have a blank line or a space after the ?>

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Gremlinn wrote:phpBB3 conversion update:: ycl6: I don't know if you have been watching my progress. But, I am done with major coding on the conversion/rewrite for this Medal System. Medal System MOD for phpBB3

I'll let you know when I get a test site setup and/or screen shots.

Thanks for asking me to do the conversion.
Hi Gremlinn,

I know you are doing great with the phpBB3 version of this MOD and I people are liking it too.

Great job :D

~Mac

dexidenova

a successfull install but not working !

Post by dexidenova »

hi there
i have installed the MSM ( ver 0.9.3 ) on my PhpBB3 ( ver 3.0.0 ) as your Instructions blindly ,more than 5 times !
there was no errors or anything wrong on installation progress :
1. i copied the 12 recommanded files to exact placess
2. i have modify the files ( so modified files are pached in this post )
3. i created "Medals Control Panel" MOD in (SYSTEM -> MODULE MANAGEMENT -> Administration Control Panel -> .MODs)
4. next i created "Configuration" and "Medals Management" MODs as child of the "Medals Control Panel" MOD
5. i enabled the two above MODs
6. so i got to .MOD tab and a green page displayed
7. i got to configuration tab and cofigured those
8. next i copied the medal images to "images/medals"
9. and i purged cache from ACP frontpage.
10. NOTHING !
beleave, just nothing happened, no "Medals" link showed in header bar and no nominations in UCP ( when is enabled) and nothing have seems to be changed !
( in some tries i created a MOD named "Medals" in sub of "Medals Management" MOD and created some medals in it, but nothing again ! )

link of edited file : http://test.dupra.net/download/file.php?id=7

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”