[DISC] Forum Statistics In Signature

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Space Penguin

Post by Space Penguin »

HelpMePls wrote: can i use jpg instead of png?

It depends, some versions on PHP have limited image support, but you need to change the image URL to jpg and you need to do the following:

FIND

Code: Select all

header("Content-Type: image/png"); 
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

header("Content-Type: image/jpg"); 
I think thats it anyway, there might be some more code but in theory you can use any type of image.
Space Penguin, Large as life and twice as ugly.

alsakrah

Post by alsakrah »

Dear DaMnY

Really very very cool mod (forum situation signature) 8)

You know I was searching for this sig. since long time :cry:

Thank you all for your cool and nice additional :oops:

alsakrah

Post by alsakrah »

Is there any way to make the signature show the Arabic language.

My forum used the Arabic language and when I used your mod it is shown the Arabic language as unreadable letters so is there any change can be done to make the signature suitable with the Arabic language

Please I need your help gays

beggers

Post by beggers »

Space Penguin,

Your stat banner code is truly amazing. As I mentioned before, I have always been interested in pulling up individual user stats instead of overall board stats.

I thought about the way you select the background parameter on the URL (your code works great to handle multiple backgrounds) and decided to allow users to pass some other useful info, too.

First of all, to customize the banner for my board I removed rank, level and gil (which I don't support on my board) and replaced them with Occupation and Location. Then, as far as new parameters go, I created variables for Age, Sex and a Quote -- these are all passed to the banner on the URL. I may add "Favorite Wrestler" and some other stuff. The possibilities are endless!

And the coolest thing of all is that I don't have to modify the database to add these new fields. This is one of the best mods I've seen for phpBB!

I haven't released this to users yet because I've got some members designing backgrounds, but I'll report back when I've got some decent examples.

One other really nice thing about your code is that each banner can have its own unique text size, position and color.

Thanks again.

Bryan
Last edited by beggers on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Space Penguin

Post by Space Penguin »

Yeah when I was testing it all I tried just changing the backgrounds but if the background is white and the text is white you can't see anything, so you can change the text colour to make it show up better on the background.

What I'm working on now is having:

IF U=... AND BG=... so you can have banners which are unique to that user ie. only the user with that ID can use it.

You can also use it to get other stats from mods, age sex, possibly the flag, and I intend to get it working with the custom profile mod (XData) so you can get fields from that too.

I would love to work it into the shop mod, so you can buy the banner and it appears in your sig, you can buy the ability to upload a custom background, you cn buy the ability to add a quote or something and you can choose your text colour.

The way to do that would be have text colour = (database field containing html colour info) quote = (database field containing quote) background = (database field containing background) and so on and would require a lot of work and an extensive knolage of php and the shop mod, none of which I have.

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` »

Will all users who are using the said signature script here please take note of the www.phpBB.com rules as per -> http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=87207
Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KB in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text.

If yours has been purged... it was oversized, either fix your script use a static image.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

beggers

Post by beggers »

Space Penguin wrote: What I'm working on now is having:

IF U=... AND BG=... so you can have banners which are unique to that user ie. only the user with that ID can use it.

Outstanding! Sounds like a very useful enhancement. Please share that code with us when you have it working. Thanks.

Space Penguin

Post by Space Penguin »

There is a crude way to make it so you have to buy the signature which doesn't require any really modification though I'm still trying to get it to work.

First of create an item that will be essencially you ticket for the signature, take it's name and have an if statement that's something along the lines of:

IF user_items = ßSignature Ticket Name Then (and have the signature output)

Else (have the image output with all the text removed except please purchase a signature ticket from the shop)

I don't know if it would wrk because the user_items field isn't just going to contain ßSignature Ticket Name

lyall

Post by lyall »

Wurd up this is class look at my sig people :):):) Woooooo
I am no coder so please No Support via PM!, I just try to help with what i know ^_^
http://www.fforacle.net/forum <------

Brimz

Post by Brimz »

Is there any way to change the coding for the first code to imagettftext to use with other fonts? :?
If so, HOW?! 8O
O.o : I may be wrong, but does it honestly matter? : o.O

Durelen

nuke/phpbb

Post by Durelen »

Hey, does this not work with PHPnuke 7 final with the integrated phpBB 2.0.6?
I stuck this code in my_site.us/modules/forums/ (where phpbb is located) and I put the .png in the image folder there. If I drop the link into my browser I only get a blank page loaded. My site has the latest php release so all the requirements are in place but I just get a pure blank page.

beggers

Post by beggers »

Space Penguin's signature code uses a php command called imagecreatefrompng, and as I was reading some documentation about it I stumbled across this intriguing bit of info:

Tip: You can use a URL as a filename with this function if the fopen wrappers have been enabled. See fopen() for more details on how to specify the filename and Appendix I for a list of supported URL protocols.

This appears on:

http://us2.php.net/imagecreatefrompng

The ability to access remote backgrounds could be very useful, but it's way over my head.

Space Penguin

Re: nuke/phpbb

Post by Space Penguin »

Durelen wrote: Hey, does this not work with PHPnuke 7 final with the integrated phpBB 2.0.6?
I stuck this code in my_site.us/modules/forums/ (where phpbb is located) and I put the .png in the image folder there. If I drop the link into my browser I only get a blank page loaded. My site has the latest php release so all the requirements are in place but I just get a pure blank page.

It should do as it isn't using the phpBB files at all just the database, there is a message die in the code for the users so it is probably the user info fields are different, I'd need to look at the database structure for nuke to tell you for certain though.

Pablasso

Post by Pablasso »

Hi!

anyone knows how to show all users (including guest) instead of just members? 8O

thanks! :D

Durelen

Re: nuke/phpbb

Post by Durelen »

Space Penguin wrote: It should do as it isn't using the phpBB files at all just the database, there is a message die in the code for the users so it is probably the user info fields are different, I'd need to look at the database structure for nuke to tell you for certain though.

Ahhh yes that was what the code looked like it was doing. Yes the structure is completely different. Different enough that you could run both nuke with integrated phpbb forums (what I’m running now) as well as the regular stand-alone version of phpBB on the same db (which I may do).

Lets see… here is the nuke.sql file from phpnuke 7 final (current). Sorry de comments seem to be in Dutch with this particular sql file, but code is still English. Link to nuke.sql file

And here is a copy/paste from my db for reference:
........ (93)
nuke_authors
nuke_autonews
nuke_banner
nuke_bannerclient
nuke_bbauth_access
nuke_bbbanlist
nuke_bbcategories
nuke_bbconfig
nuke_bbdisallow
nuke_bbforum_prune