[BETA] Quick Reply For phpBB 2.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
fishsponge

Post by fishsponge »

morpheus2matrix wrote: The quick reply box wil be display only if the user can post in the forum : so if you have a forum with permission set to ALL, it will be display. If this is o REG, it won't be display :wink:

And like you, i prefer the Quick reply MOD to be simple :wink:

this doesn't seem to be true... click here: http://test.fishsponge.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1370

while you are (probably) not logged in, the quick reply box is still there. It does, however, have an extra "Username" field above it, that seems to do nothing.

If you fill in the username box and reply field when ur not logged in, when you click the "Quick Reply" button it takes you to the login page, which then redirects you to the main "Reply" screen, with all your previously entered content gone.

All my forums are set to REG with regards to posting, creating etc...

Can the quick reply box please be turned off when users are not logged in? If it makes a difference, i've already installed the ProfileCP mod, but i don't think this matters.

Thanks in advance :D
DM2

Post by DM2 »

aye same on my board as well, I also have all set to REG.
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
tunedhonda.com

Post by tunedhonda.com »

I was just looking for this mod, damn PHPBB rules, and I LOVE THIS MOD, really good work
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Thanks

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
DM2

Post by DM2 »

Hi morpheus2matrix,

thanks for the link back, but when I install it just removes the quick reply box completely for both logged in and guest users. I am running 2.07.

thanks

Just checked further down the page and seen another method, i'll try that and post back later :)
daxxar

Post by daxxar »

morpheus2matrix wrote:
daxxar wrote: M2M: If you could test it out yourself and tell me wether or not it's a problem on my side or not, I'd appreciate it :)

Strange thing :?

I will try ASAP

Did you ever try it?
Still not working for me :/
Kindest regards, daxxar
LockesRabb

Post by LockesRabb »

kLipzE wrote: Anyone know if there's a quick reply button for the BBTech style? BBTech comes with the font and .pdf but the font doesn't work for me.

Could someone be so kind as to make a quick reply for this style, please?

Done. I use BBTech as well, so I don't mind posting. I'm including the Quick Quote button image as well. All credits go to MDesigns- I only changed the text.

ImageImage

Enjoy!
Always,
Don
LockesRabb

Post by LockesRabb »

im havin a problem with the quick reply button. basically, it works perfectly. however, the problem isnt its functionality, the problem is its style. i use BBTech as the style for the forum. as for the button, it was easy enough to provide my own image button as MDesigns was kind enough to provide the PSDs used to create the buttons. HOWEVER, here's the stumper.

below the quick reply box, where the quick reply button is there appears to be a box around that image, as if it was put in a table containing borders? weird. I examined the code for template, and it shows all borders set to zero. im posting the code here for the quickreply part of the template- and ignore the javascript, thats for the quickquote button. Yes, even the quickquote button is encased within borders. Even BEFORE i had ever put in quickquote, the quickreply button was already encased. now the problem has spread to the quickquote button, so this is gettin quite irritating. Suggestions?

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN quick_reply --> 
     </tr> 
</table> 

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> 
function quoteSelection() 
{ 
      theSelection = false; 
      theSelection = document.selection.createRange().text; // Get text selection 

if (theSelection) { 
         // Add tags around selection 
         quotetext( '[quote]\n' + theSelection + '\n[/quote]\n'); 
         document.quick_reply.message.focus(); 
         theSelection = ''; 
         return; 
      }else{ 
         alert('{quick_reply.L_QUICK_QUOTE_ERROR}'); 
      } 
} 

function quotetext(text) 
{ 
      if (document.quick_reply.message.createTextRange && document.quick_reply.message.caretPos) { 
         var caretPos = document.quick_reply.message.caretPos; 
         caretPos.text = caretPos.text.charAt(caretPos.text.length - 1) == ' ' ? text + ' ' : text; 
      } else { 
         document.quick_reply.message.value  += text; 
      } 
} 
  </script> 
<table width='100%' cellspacing='2' border='0' align='center'> 
  <tr> 
   <td valign='top' align='left'> 
     <form name='quick_reply' action='{quick_reply.U_QUICK_REPLY}' method='post'> 
     <!-- END quick_reply --> 
      <!-- BEGIN switch_username_field --> 
      <span class='gensmall'><b>{L_USERNAME}</b></span><br /> 
      <span class='genmed'><input type='text' class='post' tabindex='1' name='username' size='25' maxlength='25' value='' /></span><br /> 
      <!-- END switch_username_field --> 
      <textarea name="message" rows="7" cols="35" wrap="virtual" style="width:425px" class="post" onclick="{if(document.quick_reply.message.value=='{L_QUICK_REPLY_TOPIC}') document.quick_reply.message.value=''}">{L_QUICK_REPLY_TOPIC}</textarea><br /> 
      {quick_reply.S_HIDDEN_FORM} 
      <input type='image' src='{quick_reply.QUICK_QUOTE_IMG}' border='0' name='quoteselected' alt="{quick_reply.L_QUICK_QUOTE_TOPIC}" onClick='javascript:quoteSelection();return false;' /> 
      <input type='image' src='{quick_reply.QUICK_REPLY_IMG}' border='0' alt="{quick_reply.L_QUICK_REPLY_TOPIC}" onClick="if(document.quick_reply.message.value == '{quick_reply.L_QUICK_REPLY_TOPIC}' || document.quick_reply.message.value == ''){ alert('{quick_reply.L_EMPTY_MESSAGE}'); return false;}else{ return true;}" /> 
      </form> 
 </td> 
   <!-- END quick_reply --> 
Also- you can view the button images i use in the previous post above- as u can see from those images, there are no borders.

Thanks in advance!
Always,
Don
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

daxxar wrote:
morpheus2matrix wrote:
daxxar wrote: M2M: If you could test it out yourself and tell me wether or not it's a problem on my side or not, I'd appreciate it :)

Strange thing :?

I will try ASAP

Did you ever try it?
Still not working for me :/

Not currently : sorry

morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

LockesRabb wrote: im havin a problem with the quick reply button. basically, it works perfectly. however, the problem isnt its functionality, the problem is its style. i use BBTech as the style for the forum. as for the button, it was easy enough to provide my own image button as MDesigns was kind enough to provide the PSDs used to create the buttons. HOWEVER, here's the stumper.

below the quick reply box, where the quick reply button is there appears to be a box around that image, as if it was put in a table containing borders? weird. I examined the code for template, and it shows all borders set to zero. im posting the code here for the quickreply part of the template- and ignore the javascript, thats for the quickquote button. Yes, even the quickquote button is encased within borders. Even BEFORE i had ever put in quickquote, the quickreply button was already encased. now the problem has spread to the quickquote button, so this is gettin quite irritating. Suggestions?

Code: Select all

</tr> 
</table> 

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> 
function quoteSelection() 
{ 
      theSelection = false; 
      theSelection = document.selection.createRange().text; // Get text selection 

if (theSelection) { 
         // Add tags around selection 
         quotetext( '[quote]\n' + theSelection + '\n[/quote]\n'); 
         theSelection = ''; 
         return; 
      }else{ 
         alert('{quick_reply.L_QUICK_QUOTE_ERROR}'); 
      } 
} 

function quotetext(text) 
{ 
      if (document.quick_reply.message.createTextRange && document.quick_reply.message.caretPos) { 
         var caretPos = document.quick_reply.message.caretPos; 
         caretPos.text = caretPos.text.charAt(caretPos.text.length - 1) == ' ' ? text + ' ' : text; 
      } else { 
         document.quick_reply.message.value  += text; 
      } 
} 
  </script> 
<table width='100%' cellspacing='2' border='0' align='center'> 
  <tr> 
   <td valign='top' align='left'> 
     <form name='quick_reply' action='{quick_reply.U_QUICK_REPLY}' method='post'> 
     <!-- END quick_reply --> 
      <!-- BEGIN switch_username_field --> 
      <span class='gensmall'><b>{L_USERNAME}</b></span><br /> 
      <span class='genmed'><input type='text' class='post' tabindex='1' name='username' size='25' maxlength='25' value='' /></span><br /> 
      <!-- END switch_username_field --> 
      <textarea name="message" rows="7" cols="35" wrap="virtual" style="width:425px" class="post" onclick="{if(document.quick_reply.message.value=='{L_QUICK_REPLY_TOPIC}') document.quick_reply.message.value=''}">{L_QUICK_REPLY_TOPIC}</textarea><br /> 
      {quick_reply.S_HIDDEN_FORM} 
      <input type='image' src='{quick_reply.QUICK_QUOTE_IMG}' border='0' name='quoteselected' alt="{quick_reply.L_QUICK_QUOTE_TOPIC}" onClick='javascript:quoteSelection();return false;' /> 
      <input type='image' src='{quick_reply.QUICK_REPLY_IMG}' border='0' alt="{quick_reply.L_QUICK_REPLY_TOPIC}" onClick="if(document.quick_reply.message.value == '{quick_reply.L_QUICK_REPLY_TOPIC}' || document.quick_reply.message.value == ''){ alert('{quick_reply.L_EMPTY_MESSAGE}'); return false;}else{ return true;}" /> 
      </form> 
 </td> 
   <!-- END quick_reply --> 
Also- you can view the button images i use in the previous post above- as u can see from those images, there are no borders.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like you have 2 quick reply MOD's installed : no ?

LockesRabb

Post by LockesRabb »

This style bug is starting to irritate me, the code seems perfectly structured, and yet im seeing buttons enclosed in within a table when i had specified no borders...

and yes there are two mods, but not quick replys:

Quick Reply
Quick Quote

Simply register at the forum at kaincorp.net/dmforum/ go to the general forum, click on any thread (aside from the flame warning thread) and scroll to the bottom of the page. you'll see that the buttons seem to be enclosed in within a table...
Last edited by LockesRabb on Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always,
Don
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Have you seen my response :wink:

LockesRabb

Post by LockesRabb »

yeah, i posted the *bump* one when you hadn't responded yet- we must've posted at the same time lol... anyway, i edited my post above. my apologies! thanks for helping!
Always,
Don
LockesRabb

Post by LockesRabb »

i think its cuz of the input type=image stuff. i think maybe since the images are defined as input, the images are automatically enclosed in within a box. i unfortunately have no idea how to prevent the images from being enclosed in within a box...
Always,
Don

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”