[DEV] Virtual Life MOD 0.7.5 (2.0.11) (Former Marriage MOD)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Name: Cees-Jan

[DEV] Virtual Life MOD 0.7.5 (2.0.11) (Former Marriage MOD)

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

This OP is under alot of changes, more info and a stable release will come asap.

READ THIS WHOLE TOPIC AND THE WHOLE REQUEST TOPIC BEFORE POST!!!
Last edited by Wyr!H@x!mu$ on Thu May 24, 2007 6:59 am, edited 34 times in total.
www.pittt.tk

Post by www.pittt.tk »

once the list thing is added i am gonna give this a whirl.
check out http://www.pittt.tk

A msg board with loads of mods
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

in update.php "wyrihaximus_partner" should just be "partner"

awesome mod tho, keep up the good work
Cruel Iceman

Post by Cruel Iceman »

in includes/usercp_viewprofile.php "$view_userdata['user_id']" should be "$profiledata['user_id']"

here is the corrected version:

Code: Select all

$questions = get_marriage_questions(true);
if(@in_array(md5($profiledata['user_id'].",".$userdata['user_id']),$questions))
{
	$template->assign_block_vars('divorce',array(
		'L_DIVORCE' => $lang['Divorce'],
		'U_DIVORCE' => append_sid("divorce.{$phpEx}?divorce2=" . $profiledata['user_id']),
		'D_DIVORCE' => $lang['Divorce_me'])
	);
}
this mod is an interesting idea. a list of marriages would be very useful.
disallowing gay or multiple marriages isn't neccesary i think, if someone wants more partners or gay/lesbian partners, why not. as long as there is the opportunity to choose, if you want to get married, so you are not forced to get married with persons you don't want to marry.

if you want to disallow gay marriages you should use the gender mod to get this working.
The need is the justification.
There are no other factors to consider.
http://www.halof.de
Sk8erPom

Post by Sk8erPom »

I like the children idea cause at my forum we marry people and if your married then you can adopt a user :D

its tommorrow so wheres the list :D (<-- that smilies pretty good to give a lot of suff)

how bought it shows who it is in the memberlist that your marriaged to
mm3guy

Post by mm3guy »

How about we give birth to smilies and adopt smilies ;)
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Sk8erPom wrote: its tommorrow so wheres the list :D (<-- that smilies pretty good to give a lot of suff)
Dude get releaxd!!!

I got a basic list ... but that includes only the partners and the startuing date ... some one any idee to put more info on the list?

The 2 above posted fixes will be taken into BETA3 thnx guys :D
Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

Maybe people want more than a Marriage Hack, maybe they want a family.

That's what it's getting close too with the births and addoptions.

I am very interested in this hack, it has great potential.
ejaan

how about...

Post by ejaan »

How about a list of adoptable children "pics of children" that a married couple can adopt... and it shows in their topic view and profile like
Children: Name Of Children
with a link to a page that will show the pic with the age of the baby (age could be set like every baby is 3months old when adopted and when they got adopted from that time + 3 months = baby's age

i think that would be pretty cool!
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

ive had some bad results with this

the email sends correctly, when a person accepts marriage nothing happens. "marry me" still appears to their name, "none" still appears to my name. i look in the database and theres entries but it doesnt register. Whats worse is if i try again, then all my posts on the board are in duplicates, try again and every post is 3 in a row, and so on. I've removed it until it gets fixed, but i hope this helped some
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Narc0sis wrote: ive had some bad results with this

the email sends correctly, when a person accepts marriage nothing happens. "marry me" still appears to their name, "none" still appears to my name. i look in the database and theres entries but it doesnt register. Whats worse is if i try again, then all my posts on the board are in duplicates, try again and every post is 3 in a row, and so on. I've removed it until it gets fixed, but i hope this helped some
I'm busy writing some little fixes in church.php for this and another idee of a poster to do this by PM

P.S. I gonne make a priorilist .... that maybe be useful
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:
Narc0sis wrote:ive had some bad results with this

I'm busy writing some little fixes in church.php for this and another idee of a poster to do this by PM

pm would be easier. the email part worked, it just wouldnt recognize when ppl were married even after they went to the link in the email
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Narc0sis wrote:
Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote:
Narc0sis wrote:ive had some bad results with this

pm would be easier. the email part worked, it just wouldnt recognize when ppl were married even after they went to the link in the email
Maybe It would be better by popup like the the birthday hack by Niels Rod Denmark
www.pittt.tk

Post by www.pittt.tk »

PM or pop-up would be good
check out http://www.pittt.tk

A msg board with loads of mods
Sk8erPom

Post by Sk8erPom »

www.pittt.tk wrote: PM or pop-up would be good

thats what I say instead of email because I barely ever check my email and its messed up

also for the list it can have the adopted people (if any) and parents(if any) and brohers and sisters(if any)

I dont like gay marriages, miltiple partners, money, or multiple partner sex though

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”