[DEV] Virtual Life MOD 0.7.5 (2.0.11) (Former Marriage MOD)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Provokatiker
Registered User
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:13 pm
Contact:

Post by Provokatiker »

What about this real life hack? Is it already working? What is it good for? I am very interested 8)
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Registered User
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:06 pm
Location: Koedijk, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Name: Cees-Jan
Contact:

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Provokatiker wrote: What about this real life hack? Is it already working? What is it good for? I am very interested 8)
I changed the name of the marriage mod to real life hack ;) so it's just the next version of the marriage hack ;).

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
Provokatiker
Registered User
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:13 pm
Contact:

Post by Provokatiker »

virtual life hack = real life hack = marriage hack?
But why is this real_life_hack in the mods-folder of the root-folder of the virtual_life_hack ^^ *confused*
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Registered User
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:06 pm
Location: Koedijk, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Name: Cees-Jan
Contact:

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Provokatiker wrote: virtual life hack = real life hack = marriage hack?
But why is this real_life_hack in the mods-folder of the root-folder of the virtual_life_hack ^^ *confused*
Yes it's all the same :oops: (virtual life hack = real life hack = marriage hack). The final name of 0.7.5 will be "virtual life hack". Well the root folder in in the virtual hack file contains all file to be uploaded to you board root dir ;).

you confused me a little to :P.

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
xauror
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:47 pm

Post by xauror »

Ok I have upgraded to the 7.5 version but I am not seeing anything in the virtual life section of view profile, nothing in the column on membership list and nothing in the viewtopic.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Nevermind - I erased all of the old database additions manually and installed as a new install. Everything seems to be working.


I do have some more questions though

1.) Is there a way through the ACP to delete propsals and/or marriages?

2.) It there a file for the template folder called real_life_copyright.tpl available?

3.) Also is there a way to turn off the the marry me when the person reaches the maximum number of partners so they stop getting proposals?

4.) In the install file it creates a table called phpbb_marriage. Do we need that for something because I had to change the install file to phpbb_marriages in order to stop getting errors?

5.) How do I change the yellow background on the tooltip to a different color?

Thanks again.
dextro
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:41 am

Post by dextro »

ok now this is starting to bug me: The whole children stuff DOESN'T WORK! :?

I allready tried to adopt and to make a child and neither way I came out with a son... :?

In both ways we get the confirmation Private Message but when we go to the profiles to check out the children/parents just aren't there... Like they don't have children/parents :?
Stat(ing) My Mind... - O que penso sem restrições...
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Registered User
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:06 pm
Location: Koedijk, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Name: Cees-Jan
Contact:

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

xauror wrote: Ok I have upgraded to the 7.5 version but I am not seeing anything in the virtual life section of view profile, nothing in the column on membership list and nothing in the viewtopic.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Nevermind - I erased all of the old database additions manually and installed as a new install. Everything seems to be working.


I do have some more questions though

1.) Is there a way through the ACP to delete propsals and/or marriages?

2.) It there a file for the template folder called real_life_copyright.tpl available?

3.) Also is there a way to turn off the the marry me when the person reaches the maximum number of partners so they stop getting proposals?

4.) In the install file it creates a table called phpbb_marriage. Do we need that for something because I had to change the install file to phpbb_marriages in order to stop getting errors?

5.) How do I change the yellow background on the tooltip to a different color?

Thanks again.

1) no not yet but working on that but all the prosals are pruned after 2 weeks automaticly.

2) You can download that file here: http://zion.wyrihaximus.net/templates/W ... yright.tpl (added it to the package thnxs for reporting :))

3) They shouldn't get any proposals at all after they reached the limit :?

4) What edit did you make to your ./includes/constants.php file?

5) open ./mods/real_life_hack/javascript/Cool_DHTML_tooltip_script/head and find

Code: Select all

background-color: lightyellow;
and change lightyellow to the color you want :).

@dextro -. you did accept the child?

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
dextro
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:41 am

Post by dextro »

You asked Dextro to make a child with you.
And Dextro accepted, congratulations, you have SkulL GrindeR as child now!


Does that awnser your question?
Stat(ing) My Mind... - O que penso sem restrições...
burnthome
Registered User
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:13 am
Contact:

Post by burnthome »

its that have any problem if i using the previous version phpbb(2.0.6)??

because i have notice that some of the mod that not support older version... :cry: :roll:

thanks,
burnthome
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Registered User
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:06 pm
Location: Koedijk, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Name: Cees-Jan
Contact:

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

dextro wrote:
You asked Dextro to make a child with you.
And Dextro accepted, congratulations, you have SkulL GrindeR as child now!


Does that awnser your question?
yes (working on that for you)

@burnthome -> yes it works on 2.0.6 it needs to be upgreated to 2.0.11 to get the usersearch working. and I stiil reccomend upgrading to 2.0.11 becuase of some securety fixes ;)

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
xauror
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:47 pm

Post by xauror »

that is the error I am getting if I use the install file that comes with the zip file.



SQL Error : 1146 Table 'xauror_phpbb.phpbb_marriages' doesn't exist

SELECT m.*, u1.username AS username_1, u1.user_id AS user_id_1, u1.user_level AS user_level_1, u2.username AS username_2, u2.user_id AS user_id_2, u2.user_level AS user_level_2 FROM phpbb_marriages m LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u1 ON u1.user_id=m.partner LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u2 ON u2.user_id=m.partner2 ORDER BY begin_time DESC LIMIT 0, 50

Line : 134
File : /home/xauror/public_html/connection/marriage_list.php



I have

if(!defined('IN_REAL_LIFE_INSTALL'))
{
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_marriage.'.$phpEx);
eval(init_classes_real_life());
if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['marriage_del_user_list']))
{
include($phpbb_root_path . 'mods/real_life_hack/del_user_list.' . $phpEx);
}
}

in my common.php file.


this is the other error I get:

Table 'xauror_phpbb.phpbb_marriages' doesn't exist
DELETE FROM phpbb_marriages WHERE propose_time < 1104895646 AND begin_time = 0 in the page_tail.php.

All of these errors go away when I create a marriages table.

However from time to time I get

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/xauror/public_html/connection/common.php(279) : eval()'d code on line 1092
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Registered User
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:06 pm
Location: Koedijk, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Name: Cees-Jan
Contact:

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

xauror wrote: that is the error I am getting if I use the install file that comes with the zip file.



SQL Error : 1146 Table 'xauror_phpbb.phpbb_marriages' doesn't exist

SELECT m.*, u1.username AS username_1, u1.user_id AS user_id_1, u1.user_level AS user_level_1, u2.username AS username_2, u2.user_id AS user_id_2, u2.user_level AS user_level_2 FROM phpbb_marriages m LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u1 ON u1.user_id=m.partner LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u2 ON u2.user_id=m.partner2 ORDER BY begin_time DESC LIMIT 0, 50

Line : 134
File : /home/xauror/public_html/connection/marriage_list.php



I have

if(!defined('IN_REAL_LIFE_INSTALL'))
{
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_marriage.'.$phpEx);
eval(init_classes_real_life());
if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['marriage_del_user_list']))
{
include($phpbb_root_path . 'mods/real_life_hack/del_user_list.' . $phpEx);
}
}

in my common.php file.


this is the other error I get:

Table 'xauror_phpbb.phpbb_marriages' doesn't exist
DELETE FROM phpbb_marriages WHERE propose_time < 1104895646 AND begin_time = 0 in the page_tail.php.

All of these errors go away when I create a marriages table.

However from time to time I get

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/xauror/public_html/connection/common.php(279) : eval()'d code on line 1092
What are the edit that you did in constatnts.php? (please look in the file and don't copy them from the install instructions :P)

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
dextro
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:41 am

Post by dextro »

any luck on that bug I told you about? it kind of prevents the mod from actually beeing used :?
Stat(ing) My Mind... - O que penso sem restrições...
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Registered User
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:06 pm
Location: Koedijk, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Name: Cees-Jan
Contact:

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

dextro wrote: any luck on that bug I told you about? it kind of prevents the mod from actually beeing used :?
Can you look if there is anything in the children table in your database?

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
dextro
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:41 am

Post by dextro »

there isn't any phpbb_children table :?

That's the problem (probably missing from the beta you sent me before :? )
Stat(ing) My Mind... - O que penso sem restrições...
Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”