[DEV] Virtual Life MOD 0.7.5 (2.0.11) (Former Marriage MOD)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Name: Cees-Jan

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

dextro wrote: there isn't any phpbb_children table :?

That's the problem (probably missing from the beta you sent me before :? )

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb_children (  id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,  m_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  c_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (id)) TYPE=MyISAM;
replace phpbb_ with your table prefix :).

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
dextro

Post by dextro »

Thx :) I'll place it on my database right away.

I think it had to do with the update during the beta version (I nedeed to delete the tables to clear everything :? ).
Stat(ing) My Mind... - O que penso sem restrições...
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

dextro wrote: Thx :) I'll place it on my database right away.

I think it had to do with the update during the beta version (I nedeed to delete the tables to clear everything :? ).
yw :) next time try emptying :P

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
dextro

Post by dextro »

LOOOOOOOOOOL :lol:

DOH! :oops:

I never thought of that LOL :?
xauror

Post by xauror »

Yep that was the problem - I used the upgrade file for step 1 and missed the change in the constants.php. It seems to be working well now.

Thanks so much! :D
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Your both very much welcome :D.

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
xauror

Post by xauror »

Ok next question - I promise I will leave you alone soon.:D Even though I have marked no gay marriages. The same sex people are still allowed to marry. I upgraded from the 7.0 version if that helps. I added the gender mod before running your database install.

Also for changing the lightyellow in the tooltip can I use hex code for that or something else?

Also just a note - I had to change acthash in some of the file - don't ask which one(s)(I will look them up and get back to you when I find them again) to act_hash to match the database otherwise the refusing to accept a propsal gave an error.
Last edited by xauror on Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

xauror wrote: Ok next question - I promise I will leave you alone soon.:D Even though I have marked no gay marriages. The same sex people are still allowed to marry. I upgraded from the 7.0 version if that helps.

Also for changing the lightyellow in the tooltip can I use hex code for that or something else?
there is a loop hole :( chaging sex bore marry and then change it back still need to find something for that :oops:

yeah for the tooltip you can use hex :D

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
sonyboy

Post by sonyboy »

this MOD support gay and lesbian? dang.
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

sonyboy wrote: this MOD support gay and lesbian? dang.
yup :) it's actualy no more then a IF that check if the gender of both partners is the same or not ;).

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
xauror

Post by xauror »

Where is that if statement and can it be moved so that people can not marry a person of the same sex?

I am still getting proposals even when I am at the partner limit - any ideas? I thought about adding an extra initial check like some mods have initial checks at the beginning of each file or the beginning of a called action. I have not found those yet in the code any suggestions where to begin to look for them would be great.

Also the tooltip background color is remaining yellow no matter what I try to change it too. Could it be being over written by the template's stylesheet? Or perhaps a cache problem with my browser?

Finally I had to change in the church.php file I believe all of the "acthash" to act_hash in the where clauses to get the refusing proposals to work.
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

xauror wrote: Where is that if statement and can it be moved so that people can not marry a person of the same sex?

I am still getting proposals even when I am at the partner limit - any ideas? I thought about adding an extra initial check like some mods have initial checks at the beginning of each file or the beginning of a called action. I have not found those yet in the code any suggestions where to begin to look for them would be great.

Also the tooltip background color is remaining yellow no matter what I try to change it too. Could it be being over written by the template's stylesheet? Or perhaps a cache problem with my browser?

Finally I had to change in the church.php file I believe all of the "acthash" to act_hash in the where clauses to get the refusing proposals to work.
I'll get/fix that fro you first thing in the morning need some sleep now ;). Thnxs for reporting the acthash thingy thought I fixed that :oops: gnight all!

Grtz,

WyriHaximus
xauror

Post by xauror »

Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into it. My members produced 4 pages of posts about it within in days. Thanks for everything. :D
dextro

Post by dextro »

xauror wrote: Also just a note - I had to change acthash in some of the file - don't ask which one(s)(I will look them up and get back to you when I find them again) to act_hash to match the database otherwise the refusing to accept a propsal gave an error.

This problem is in the file marriage.class.php and I had allready told Wyr!H@x!mu$ about it :?

btw here's what you need to change:

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
mods/real_life_hack/marriage.class.php
# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
	function api_marry_refuse($HTTP_GET_VARS)
	{
		[GLOBALS]

$result = $db->sql_query("DELETE FROM " . MARRIAGES_TABLE . " WHERE acthash = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['hash'] . "'");
# 
#-----[ IN-LINE, FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
WHERE acthash
# 
#-----[ IN-LINE, REPLACE ]------------------------------------------ 
#
WHERE act_hash
# 
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
# EoM 
I hope I did it right :oops:
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

xauror wrote: Where is that if statement and can it be moved so that people can not marry a person of the same sex?
it's on multiple places in common.class.php you'll find gender functions :)
xauror wrote: I am still getting proposals even when I am at the partner limit - any ideas? I thought about adding an extra initial check like some mods have initial checks at the beginning of each file or the beginning of a called action. I have not found those yet in the code any suggestions where to begin to look for them would be great.
well it is check before sending the proposal :? crap now I can check that again :?
xauror wrote: Also the tooltip background color is remaining yellow no matter what I try to change it too. Could it be being over written by the template's stylesheet? Or perhaps a cache problem with my browser?
it should be some browser cache problem :? is it still yellow?
xauror wrote: Finally I had to change in the church.php file I believe all of the "acthash" to act_hash in the where clauses to get the refusing proposals to work.
well thats fixed :P

Grtz,

WyriHaximus

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”