[DEV] Virtual Life MOD 0.7.5 (2.0.11) (Former Marriage MOD)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Name: Cees-Jan

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: Thanks for that, will do.
Almost forgot to post it here: http://wyrihaximus.net/en-blog/message- ... TABLE.html
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Ok, I have had more success with it this time round, possibly because we changed the template of our forum recently also.

Am still having a couple of problems though...

Adding the edits to viewtopic.php makes the following error appear and all forums disappear:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function call_method() on a non-object in /home/****/public_html/forums/viewtopic.php on line 1706
And the other is that the virtual life box thats supposed to appear under each member's avatar is not displaying.

I have checked edits and everything seems to be in order, any ideas? Am still very keen on getting this mod working on our forum.

Cheers,

RT.
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: Ok, I have had more success with it this time round, possibly because we changed the template of our forum recently also.

Am still having a couple of problems though...

Adding the edits to viewtopic.php makes the following error appear and all forums disappear:

Fatal error: Call to a member function call_method() on a non-object in /home/****/public_html/forums/viewtopic.php on line 1706
And the other is that the virtual life box thats supposed to appear under each member's avatar is not displaying.

I have checked edits and everything seems to be in order, any ideas? Am still very keen on getting this mod working on our forum.

Cheers,

RT.
Wich version did you install? The one in the OP I forgot to change ( :oops: ), or in the post above yours? If you installed the old one try the new one :).
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

The new one... though all that appeared to be required was uploading a few files over old ones, was there any new/different edits to be made? I couldn't find any instructions for any :S
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: The new one... though all that appeared to be required was uploading a few files over old ones, was there any new/different edits to be made? I couldn't find any instructions for any :S
Erhm no it's a completely rewritten version, so you have to reinstall it ;). You could try it out on a testboard first. The instructions in the xml file are only for installing.

If you need more help make sure to ask I'm realy happy I 'finished' it now :D.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Ahh ok... I admit I am a little confused with this one, I have loaded up the xml file in IE and for the instructions it has this...
Edits
Click on the action name or in the code box to select the code. You may also hit 's' on your keyboard to go to the first code box and the up and down arrows to scroll through the code boxes.

But there are no code boxes on the page? Or can I only install this with Mods Base?

Thanks in advance for the support :D
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: Ahh ok... I admit I am a little confused with this one, I have loaded up the xml file in IE and for the instructions it has this...
Edits
Click on the action name or in the code box to select the code. You may also hit 's' on your keyboard to go to the first code box and the up and down arrows to scroll through the code boxes.

But there are no code boxes on the page? Or can I only install this with Mods Base?

Thanks in advance for the support :D
You have to install mods base first. After that you just upload the marriage mod :). Because of the mods base requirement the marriage mod doesn't need any editing :). Ow btw after you installed everything you go to the ACP and enable the marriage mod :).
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Ok have installed Mods Base, all of it seems to be installed ok (no errors coming up on the forum) however when I click on the links to both marriage mod and mods base in the ACP (for configuration etc) they are bringing up blank pages?

www.theparentingsanctuary.net/modsbase.JPG

:(
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: Ok have installed Mods Base, all of it seems to be installed ok (no errors coming up on the forum) however when I click on the links to both marriage mod and mods base in the ACP (for configuration etc) they are bringing up blank pages?

www.theparentingsanctuary.net/modsbase.JPG

:(
This is something I came acros testing it out. I'll check and try out the install instructions to figure out if there didn't slipped a bug into the package. I'll keep you posted.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Thanks very much!
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: Thanks very much!

Open: admin/admin_mods_base.php
Find:

$mod_base_class->acp($mode,$smode,$action);
Replace-With:

echo($mod_base_class->acp($mode,$smode,$action));
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Ok lets see if I have done this right... I have installed Mods Base, uploaded the files included in latest marriage mod, made the edit posted above and then gone into the marriage menu in the ACP (which now works) and switched it to enable.

But nothing appears to have changed??? :S

Also I am getting this in the Mods Base menu options on blank pages since making the new edit...

MB ACP!!!
I am just really confused as to how this Mods Base works, because there is just files for the marriage mod and no SQL entries or anything???

*daft look*
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: Ok lets see if I have done this right... I have installed Mods Base, uploaded the files included in latest marriage mod, made the edit posted above and then gone into the marriage menu in the ACP (which now works) and switched it to enable.
Good
RedTrinity wrote: But nothing appears to have changed??? :S
Btw did the marriage list link apeared in the header?
RedTrinity wrote: Also I am getting this in the Mods Base menu options on blank pages since making the new edit...

MB ACP!!!
Wel thats nothing special, didn't add anything to the MD config admin yet but I did allready add the links.
RedTrinity wrote: I am just really confused as to how this Mods Base works, because there is just files for the marriage mod and no SQL entries or anything???
Thats correct, the reason you have to enable the MM in the admin is that it checks then if the config values are inserted or not. Cause it's your first time it will insert it and you can enable it. Also try giving marriage.php a hit, it will create the marriage tables then, will do that slightly different next version so you don't have to give that hit.
RedTrinity wrote: *daft look*

*Gives RedTrinity a beer
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

LOL no thanks, not a beer drinker but a Midori and lemonade would do me fine ;)

I had a big blank area appear under the main menu once I added the Mods Base edit to overall_header.php, however it has remained a big blank area since turning the marriage mod on.

You can check it out here: www.theparentingsanctuary.net/forums

Also there doesn't anything new in member profiles for viewtopic etc... should there be?

I went to marriage.php as instructed (seemed to load up ok) and then back out again, but am having a lot of trouble with working out how this all works... unless things arent working the way they are supposed to :S

I do appreciate your support with this.
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: LOL no thanks, not a beer drinker but a Midori and lemonade would do me fine ;)

I had a big blank area appear under the main menu once I added the Mods Base edit to overall_header.php, however it has remained a big blank area since turning the marriage mod on.

You can check it out here: www.theparentingsanctuary.net/forums

Also there doesn't anything new in member profiles for viewtopic etc... should there be?

I went to marriage.php as instructed (seemed to load up ok) and then back out again, but am having a lot of trouble with working out how this all works... unless things arent working the way they are supposed to :S

I do appreciate your support with this.
Yesterday I ran into simular problems with someone else and we solved it, so the package contains a few bugs. Can you check your config table for the following config entries (the ones where the field config_value has the name of one liste below):
  • marriage_enable
  • marriage_allow_multiple
  • marriage_gay
If they are not in there I suggest you should add them. Indeed some things aren't working as they should.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”