[DEV] Virtual Life MOD 0.7.5 (2.0.11) (Former Marriage MOD)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Yep I just checked and they are all there :D
Wyr!H@x!mu$
Name: Cees-Jan

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: Yep I just checked and they are all there :D
Great what are there values? :P The marriage_enable should be 1 :).

Also are you sure you edited all templates? Also the non subSilver ones?

(Ah page 50 :twisted: .)
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Yeah its definetly set on 1. And all template changes have been made... I only use MorpheusX Darkblue so changes to any other template edits are not necessary.

Not having much luck with this at all :(
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: Yeah its definetly set on 1. And all template changes have been made... I only use MorpheusX Darkblue so changes to any other template edits are not necessary.

Not having much luck with this at all :(

Ok there was one more thing but dunno what any more. We found that out on MSn with someone else. I'll check back my msn logs for that when I get home.

FFS, since when stopped phpBB.com sending the topic tracking emails :/.
abdulbasit

Post by abdulbasit »

Hello,

I get this error in Step 1 file while installing through EM

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl] could not find:

<!-- END switch_enable_pm_popup -->

Can anyone help me out ?
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

abdulbasit wrote: Hello,

I get this error in Step 1 file while installing through EM

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl] could not find:

<!-- END switch_enable_pm_popup -->

Can anyone help me out ?
Sorry man no EM support. I would suggesting installing it by hand instead. EM is a realy nice piece of work but it has trouble with boards that have more then 1 mod installed (as in: if something has changed to your board that a mod needs that your installing with EM, it fails cause it doesn't know what to do).
abdulbasit

Post by abdulbasit »

Okay i installed manually and everything went fine but i am getting only 1 error on http://www.funwadi.com/forum/marriage_list.php

which says'

Code: Select all

General Error

Could not query users

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'traders_phpb1.phpbb_marriage' doesn't exist

SELECT m.*, u1.username AS username_1, u1.user_id AS user_id_1, u1.user_level AS user_level_1, u2.username AS username_2, u2.user_id AS user_id_2, u2.user_level AS user_level_2 FROM phpbb_marriage m LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u1 ON u1.user_id=m.partner LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u2 ON u2.user_id=m.partner2 ORDER BY begin_time DESC LIMIT 0, 40

Line : 134
File : marriage_list.php
Now what SQL Query i should run ?
abdulbasit

Post by abdulbasit »

Okay i ran that SQL successfully and can you please check my forum www.funwadi.com/forum and how this mod will run and operated? Where is the options to marry or sending request and everything else. I cant find anything anywhere in my forum! Please help me
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

Just for the reccord handeling the rest of this on MSN :).
RedTrinity

Re: [DEV] Virtual Life MOD 0.7.5 (2.0.11) (Former Marriage MOD)

Post by RedTrinity »

Hi again,

Good news! I worked out that there was something wrong with our viewtopic.php file which was preventing this mod and others to work correctly and now have it fully installed and working well.

However we still have a couple of bugs I was hoping you could help me with?

Firstly, we are having a problem with member's children displaying in their viewtopic & user profiles. This is what displays:
Propose: Marry me
Partners: MuMmYBeC Boo
Children:

The field after "children" is always blank, even if an adoption has gone through successfully. I have checked the database and related tables seem to be functioning properly, so I am assuming its some kind of display problem.

The 2nd problem is the following demonstrated by the PM I received after going through with a child adopt option:
You asked <a>Jordiesmum</a> to make a child with you.
And Jordiesmum accepted, congratulations, you have <a>firefly</a> as child now!

The names of the members I'm assuming should be links, but they aren't and appear exactly as above with the <a></a> coding in place. These links have worked correctly in other PMs related to marriage but for the children option they are just not working.

Thirdly, going to child.php brings up a completely blank page.

Any help would be appreciated mate :D

Regards,

RT.
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote: Hi again,

Good news! I worked out that there was something wrong with our viewtopic.php file which was preventing this mod and others to work correctly and now have it fully installed and working well.

However we still have a couple of bugs I was hoping you could help me with?

Firstly, we are having a problem with member's children displaying in their viewtopic & user profiles. This is what displays:
Propose: Marry me
Partners: MuMmYBeC Boo
Children:

The field after "children" is always blank, even if an adoption has gone through successfully. I have checked the database and related tables seem to be functioning properly, so I am assuming its some kind of display problem.
Hey RT,
If you dig into the HTML code right after:
Children:
Is there any HTML?
RedTrinity wrote: The 2nd problem is the following demonstrated by the PM I received after going through with a child adopt option:
You asked <a>Jordiesmum</a> to make a child with you.
And Jordiesmum accepted, congratulations, you have <a>firefly</a> as child now!

The names of the members I'm assuming should be links, but they aren't and appear exactly as above with the <a></a> coding in place. These links have worked correctly in other PMs related to marriage but for the children option they are just not working.
Looks like a parameter for a funtion is set wrong ... (no idead for now lets fix the other problems first).
RedTrinity wrote: Thirdly, going to child.php brings up a completely blank page.

Any help would be appreciated mate :D

Regards,

RT.
Wel erhm, is error reporting enabled?

WyriHaximus
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote: Hey RT,
Children:
Is there any HTML?

Hey dude,

This is the HTML copy and paste of the section from the page source...
<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails"><table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="forumline1" height="8">
<tr>
<td class="real_life_head" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Virtual Life: </span></td>

</tr>
</table><table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="forumline1" height="8">
<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Age: 80 </span></td>
</tr>
</table><table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="forumline1" height="8">
<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Propose: <a href="church.php?bride=4">Marry me</a> </span></td>

</tr>
<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Partners: <nobr><a onMouseover="ddrivetip('RedTrinity his 80 year old partner','yellow')"; onMouseout="hideddrivetip()" href="profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3">Jordiesmum</a></nobr> <nobr><a onMouseover="ddrivetip('RedTrinity his 79 year old partner','yellow')"; onMouseout="hideddrivetip()" href="profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=33">Boo</a></nobr> <nobr><a onMouseover="ddrivetip('RedTrinity his 37 year old partner','yellow')"; onMouseout="hideddrivetip()" href="profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=212">Mum2Twins</a></nobr> </span></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Children: </span></td>
</tr>
</table> </span></td>
</tr>
</table>

Will check the error reporting for the other page now and let you know ;)
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Hmm I added the code for error reporting to child.php and then visited the page and its still coming up blank :?
Wyr!H@x!mu$

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ »

RedTrinity wrote:
Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote: Hey RT,
Children:
Is there any HTML?

Hey dude,

This is the HTML copy and paste of the section from the page source...
<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails"><table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="forumline1" height="8">
<tr>
<td class="real_life_head" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Virtual Life: </span></td>

</tr>
<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Age: 80 </span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Propose: <a href="church.php?bride=4">Marry me</a> </span></td>

</tr>
<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Partners: <nobr><a onMouseover="ddrivetip('RedTrinity his 80 year old partner','yellow')"; onMouseout="hideddrivetip()" href="profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3">Jordiesmum</a></nobr> <nobr><a onMouseover="ddrivetip('RedTrinity his 79 year old partner','yellow')"; onMouseout="hideddrivetip()" href="profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=33">Boo</a></nobr> <nobr><a onMouseover="ddrivetip('RedTrinity his 37 year old partner','yellow')"; onMouseout="hideddrivetip()" href="profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=212">Mum2Twins</a></nobr> </span></td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td class="real_life_data" width="100%"><span class="postdetails">Children: </span></td>
</tr>
</table> </span></td>
</tr>
</table>

Will check the error reporting for the other page now and let you know ;)
Odd, is there anything in the children table?

RedTrinity wrote: Hmm I added the code for error reporting to child.php and then visited the page and its still coming up blank :?

Replace:

<?php
With this in child.php

haslksaklklsad<?php
RedTrinity

Post by RedTrinity »

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote: Odd, is there anything in the children table?

Yeah, there is 11 entries... appears to be functioning normally.

Wyr!H@x!mu$ wrote: Replace:

<?php
With this in child.php

haslksaklklsad<?php

Thanks, I tried doing that and this is what I got on a blank page...

haslksaklklsad
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redtrin/public_html/forums/child.php:1) in /home/redtrin/public_html/forums/includes/sessions.php on line 510

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/redtrin/public_html/forums/child.php:1) in /home/redtrin/public_html/forums/includes/sessions.php on line 511
Sorry about the delay in response btw, have been flat out this week!

Look forward to your support.

Regards,

Nikki :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”