[BETA] HP/MP/EXP Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
NightHawk

[BETA] HP/MP/EXP Mod

Post by NightHawk »

Alright, I've updated this for phpBB 2.0. Most of the code was is the same, so it was pretty easy.

last I recall, it was pretty much finished, but I'm putting here first, just to make sure there's no lingering bugs...

Just a few notes, if some of the values for HP or MP seem too low, or too high, try adjusting some of the constants, I've commented what they are, and how changing them should affect hp and mp levels.

...links removed.... no longer work...
Brewjah

Post by Brewjah »

Small Calculation Problem

this occurs when a users posts under a nick before its registered then registers the nick that they used to post i think not 100% sure on this..

view topic.. error.
EXP: 1 / 10

-1.#IND%

when viewing the profile its accurate, but when viewing a topic it displays that error
Filling in that ugly white noise with a bunch of black static..
chAos
Former Team Member

Post by chAos »

i'll install it when i get time, and get back to ya :D

chaosmarker
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Brewjah wrote: this occurs when a users posts under a nick before its registered then registers the nick that they used to post i think not 100% sure on this..

So, If I understand right, what your saying is that posts made by Anonymous users arent showing up properly?

That could be a problem with the way anonymous users are handled, I'll have to look at that..

[edit]The fact that they used the same nickname and such shouldn't matter. This mod grabs all the info it needs from the $profiledata or $postrow[$i] arrays, which should contain all the info for the current user. That's what leads me to believe it's a problem with anonymous users[/edit]

[edit, part deux]
Ok, Now I'm confused.. Brewjah, I tried what you said on my boards.. I posted with a nickname, as a guest, registered that nickname, and then posted with it. Everything seems to work fine. Not sure what the problem is now :)[/edit]
tama-chan

Post by tama-chan »

er... i don't know if I had to adjust something, i figured that not, but nobody in my forum has MP, everybody has 0/XX mp.... is that something with my forum?
mazela pawaa!
Brewjah

Post by Brewjah »

no what someone did was ...

posted as a guest but used the nick portion..

example..

they came to the board ( not registered) .. posted under say the nick.. John_Gordon after they had posted they decided to register the nick John_Gordon.. so actually they made 2 posts.. but one as a guest John_Gordon and one as a registered John_Gordon

its the only thing i can think of that would cause the error unless its just being weird and only doing this with everyone who posts once.. if a user has 2 recorded posts then it seems to be fine *shrugs* hope this makes sense

view topic.. error.
EXP: 1 / 10

-1.#IND%

here this is just my testing forum.. look for a post by vexx and 2 posts under that
chAos
Former Team Member

Post by chAos »

i get what u mean. and i can see why it would cause a problem too.
Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis »

works great for me! :D
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Brewjah.. I see what you mean, It seems to be a problem with a user having 1 post.

Not sure -why- it's doing that though. It works just fine on my boards:
http://www.asylumsw.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3
The user 'Duaiwe' there has one post, and it shows up properly.

Right now, the best guess I have is to check to make sure you installed it properly, and the formulas are all right. Other than that.. I have no clue.
Brewjah

Post by Brewjah »

ive installed it two seperate times.. once on a fresh board and one wth a couple MODs but the mods didnt affect view_topic
[H-c] Riva

Post by [H-c] Riva »

Hi!
Is it possible to use the MP in a way that a User can not post any replys when its MP drops below 1?
That would be a great SPAM protection! :lol:
'Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony'  -Wachowski Brothers
dm

Post by dm »

can i suggest a variation on this mod..

can we modify this mod to let xp/mp/ma but let just the admin change each user value ( i fix a value to start for each user... and after i can add/remode point for each category for each user...)

i'm nb in php and didn't know what to change.. any idea ?
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

dm, that's probably beyond the scope of this mod. Or at least, this incarnation of it.

As it is, all the values of this mod are calculated dynamically, nothing is stored in the database. To do what you suggest would require adding values to the user database, and allowing the admin to edit them.

This isn't impossible, and not really hard. But It's beyond what I intended for the mod at this point.

Riva, I'm sure it's possible. Just a matter of figuring out how. I'll look into it.
MoJoe

Post by MoJoe »

tama-chan wrote: er... i don't know if I had to adjust something, i figured that not, but nobody in my forum has MP, everybody has 0/XX mp.... is that something with my forum?

I have the same Problem !

On our Board ist no MP regeneration, we have changed our TimeZone, perhabs this is the Problem, or have anybody an idea ?

I hope somebody can help :)

MoJoe
Kage Musha

Post by Kage Musha »

Warning: Trying to raise a nonpositive value to a broken power in viewtopic.php on line 1412

I installed this mod for someone with a board on lycos.co.uk but I get the message above.

I don't have these messages on a paid host I have. Has this to do with that lycos tries to ad banners?
https://www.rpggarden.com Development: Battle Mod
Released: PS2 Theme
Image Search b4 asking (less work for us :lol: )
Plz do not abuse my IM mediums or I'll have to block ya :evil:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”