[BETA] HP/MP/EXP Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
darkoneel

Post by darkoneel »

Hey.

I have just installed this mod and there a re some problems like this message on top of the forum

Warning: Trying to raise a nonpositive value to a broken power in viewtopic.php on line 1352

Or go here to see it
http://members.lycos.co.uk/darkoneel/ph ... .php?p=8#8

or

http://members.lycos.co.uk/darkoneel/phpBB2/index.php

Can anyone fix this?
darkoneel

Post by darkoneel »

Ok few more problems:

-MP is always at 0
-HP increases every time I post
-error message on top=====Warning: Trying to raise a nonpositive value to a broken power in viewtopic.php on line 1352

-These signs under my exp bar = # #

Everything else seems ok. So, developers of this mod can now fix some probs, this is beta isn't it.
darkoneel

Post by darkoneel »

Ok I have fixed the error message. It only appears in your firs topic and all you do is delete the entire topic.

But still the following are still a problem

-HP number increases every time I post
-MP bar always at zero
-## signs under my exp bar.
danielri82

Post by danielri82 »

Warning: Trying to raise a nonpositive value to a broken power in viewtopic.php on line 1389

any answer on this one yet?
danielri82

Post by danielri82 »

Anyone ??

I have noticed something, i had rigged my post count to 1000 and i didn't get the error.

but when i visited a thread with ppl who had just started to post it happend once for each entry

Is this a level 1 thing?
danielri82

Error message possible solution

Post by danielri82 »

ok this may sound dumb, but im not a php developer (yet)

the line that is causing the Warning: Trying to raise a nonpositive value to a broken power in viewtopic.php error is

Code: Select all

$level_posts_for_this = max(1, floor( pow( 10, pow( ($level_level - 1), (1/3) ) ) ) );
ok now you only get the error on level 1 i noticed, sooo, $level_level - 1 that bit will return 0, now if im not mistaken it won't let you do the power of on 1 correctly or am i going mad.

I did test my theory by removing the -1 and there errors dissappered, i thought YES i solved it then i noticed the EXP was rather wrong one user was 500% and i was 700%, rather wrong

Any Ideas on this one?

not bad for a non PHPer :)
danielri82

Post by danielri82 »

please someone reply, if more information needed i will give just please, i really want to solve this problem, i am going to look into it more when i get home, but i don't know PHP so chances of me solving it are VERY SLIM
darkoneel

Post by darkoneel »

Can you give me the link to your forum. I want to see this mod in action on other forums.

My major problems were that error message on top, MP decreases instead increases so its always on zero and thats a bout it. I didn't know what to do with that eorror so I had to uninstall this mod.

So give me the link, I want to see it.
danielri82

Post by danielri82 »

darkoneel

Post by darkoneel »

You only have that problem and its not nice. I had that and my MP was at zero. So I will wait for this mod to be completed hopefully someone is working on it.
Xerin

Post by Xerin »

I have created a somewhat fix to my boards (Seems to be around the version of php the server is runing). What is basically hapening is its trying to float a negative number, which then it becomes angry. This is a temporary fix intill you can figure something out.

Code: Select all

(Not responible if this blows your forum up or anything like that)
Find:
if($level_level == 0)
{
	$level_exp = "0 / 0";
	$level_exp_percent = 100;
}
Replace With:
if($level_level < 2)
{
	$level_exp = "0 / 0";
	$level_exp_percent = 100;
}
This will however make your boards look funny, since level 1 users won't have any exp ;), I'm working on writeing my own version of the rpg mod, so heh.
darkoneel

Post by darkoneel »

Hmm, but my MP are always at zero. So you are working on your own RPG mod? That's great I will test it if you need testers as soon as you release the beta version :wink:
Xerin

Post by Xerin »

darkoneel wrote: Hmm, but my MP are always at zero. So you are working on your own RPG mod? That's great I will test it if you need testers as soon as you release the beta version :wink:

Your sp is at zero because your posters proably make alot of posts or something. Try raiseing some of the values in the mod, it should give your users some mp.
-Xerin
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

hmmmm you should make a admin cp for it
so you can add hp/mp and such

and is there a way to get it so the mp goes up every post instead of down?
What is this inter...net people keep talking about?
Xerin

Post by Xerin »

Rufus wrote: hmmmm you should make a admin cp for it
so you can add hp/mp and such

Right now RO is going into Beta2, and I'm working on a huge mysql/php backened database right now >>;

but when I do start developing it, I would store all of the values into the userprofile, so you can adjust it through the admin panel (for those of you who like to have 1337 levels :lol: )

To make postive MP I belive you would just change the mp area to add instead of subtract, but you would proably get some errors whenever the MP would go above the person's max.
-Xerin

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”