Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I have continued on netcletics work and produced a much improved weblog script. I borrowed some of Smartor's ezPortal code and from Ca5ey's fetchall. In addition, it also uses steveurkels post icon mod for the mood. Its not done yet, as there are a few bugs to iron out and a few features to add but here's the scoop:
Weblogs Index page. A simple page that lists all weblogs, their owners, the last entry time, last post time, and the latest mood. Optionally, admins can choose to show statistics there as well.
A customizable weblog look. The entire weblog can be fully customized (HTML and all). There is a quick guide on what things mean, as well as a default weblog page that users can use.
The weblog page will show the latest entries, up to the number of entries to be displayed (already in the existing weblog). The weblog page also has a link to view the past entries, and that links back to netcletic's original mod.
The labels have been changed, so it reads "weblogs" instead of "forums", and "entries" instead of "topics". The lang file has now been updated.
A "currently", and mood field will display above a post if the poster has selected a mood and a "currently". More choices can be added in the ACP.
Usergroups can be selected by the admin to allow all members of a group to be able to create a weblog. This can allow tight control on who gets to create a weblog.
Admin pages allow full control over the weblogs that are made. Weblogs can be edited, deleted, and the defaults can be adjusted there too. Not only that, mood and "currently" choices can be changed.
Also the moderator cp fix has been implemented.
Here's the current list of what's been done for version 0.3.0. The demo board is currently using version 0.2.0
Front Weblog Page: [ 100% ]
Main Weblog Page: [ 100% ]
Customizable Weblog Look: [ 100% ]
When a user creates a weblog, it will create a file called weblog_(user id) in a folder called "weblogs". This will store the user's weblog HTML.
Labels change: [ 100% ]
"Currently" field (replaces now playing): [ 100% ]
Its a dropdown box that will change the image beside it when a different option is selected (like in the smilies admin page). That image will be displayed next to the currently field on the weblog main page or the weblog entry page.
Mood field: [ 100% ]
Its a dropdown box that will change the image beside it when a different option is selected (like in the smilies admin page).
Personal Space: [ --% ]
-Removed; Fully customizable weblog makes this obsolete.
Unread/Read Post: [ 10% ]
I need help on this one. It changes with every computer I try it on and its very mind boggling.
Auto Shortcut: [ 0% ]
Gotta figure this one out. If someone knows I'd appreciate it if you told me how to do it.
Custom Colors, styles, etc.: [ --% ]
-Removed; Fully Customizable weblog makes this obsolete
Weblogs Statistics: [ 100% ]
-Last Updated Weblogs
- Improved Security: [ 100% ]
Users must be approved by the group moderator of the weblog groups before he/she can create a weblog.
- Admin Management Page: [ 100% ]
Currently it allows the admin to delete a users weblog from the ACP. When it is done, it will allow the admin to edit a user's weblog as well.
- Customizable Weblog Face: [ 100% ]
This is what is shown on the main page that lists the weblogs. When a user creates a weblog, it will create a file called face_(user id) in a folder called "weblogs". This will store the user's weblog face HTML.
- Last Entry Shown on User's Profile: [ 100% ]
Shows weblog details in a user's profile
- Pagination on the main Weblog Page: [ 100% ]
Works with the ordering.
- Ordering on the main Weblog Page: [ 100% ]
Works with the pagination.
- Admin Configuration Page: [ 100% ]
Allow/Disallow displaying of stats, and defaults for myweblog and the weblog index page.
- Customizable Mood and "Currently" Icons and Text: [ 100% ]
Any number of mood/currently icons and text can be added, edited, or deleted through the admin page. Works much like the smilie admin, but with the added ability to sort the icons/text by alphabetical, id, etc.
- Enable/Disable mod support: [ 100% ] These mods are supported:
- Attachment Mod
- Birthday Mod
- Zodiac for Birthday Mod
- Last Visit Mod
- Online/Offline/Hidden Mod
- More safe/More sequre: [ 100% ]
- single quote marks (') no longer produce an error message when entered in certain fields.
- "Preparsed" Weblog Code: [ 100% ]
- Many of the dynamic parts of the weblog are automatically replaced (such as the labels). This makes it less confusing.
- Different access to individual entries: [ 100% ]
- Individual entries can have authentication similar to the weblog itself (i.e. entry can be visible only to All, Registered, Usergroup, or Weblog Owner).
- Custom mood/currently icons: [ 100% ]
- Weblog configuration panel: [ 100% ]
- set defaults for weblog settings
- Use new or old weblog configuration: [ 100% ]
- Allows the previous method of changing a weblog to be used.
A few notes when installing the mod:
- Included are two zips, which contain the weblog styles subSilver and simpleGray. Extract them to the weblog/styles/ directory (much like how the template directory works). THen go to the ACP and add the weblog style.
- There was an attempt to install the mod using EasyMOD, and it had a few snags. I made some changes to the install file, but it is not known if the new instructions work. Try them if you want to.
- If you had a previous version of the forum weblogs mod, run the weblog_db_update.php file and ignore the messages saving duplicate entry. It may duplicate the mood and currently entries so you might want to drop the two tables first (phpbb_weblog_mood, phpbb_weblog_currently).
Follow the instructions very carefully.
And now the changes:
2004-04-25 - Version 0.4.0
- Added option to reset weblog style (back to original unmodified state)
- Added weblog styles capability (removed template method)
- Added option to view a preview image (set by the admin) when a user selects a weblog style in weblog cp
- The name of the weblog system can be changed by editing three strings in weblog_main.php
- Changed weblog index look.
- Changed sorting algorithm of statistics
- Added "Last Seen" to weblog face - shows what the last "currently" was.
- Added Calendar to the weblog. Users can scroll back and forth in time. Days with entries are linked
to show that day's entries.
- Added "Go Back" and "Go Forward" - users can browse through the next <weblogs_per_page> or previous entries
- Added a new style to be included with package - simpleGray
- Added ability to set entries as "Memorable". These are viewable in the weblog entries page (the one that
shows all entries in a list).
- Added ability to show the number of days old that a weblog is (on the weblog page).
- Added link in viewtopic.php that leads to a user's weblog (if they have one). An image is provided for subSilver.
- Fixed mood smilie problem not showing correct mood
- Fixed entry hidden options - wasn't working well before
- Fixed weblog index display order of weblog faces
- Added option for the admin whether or not all users must be subscribed to a weblog group
- Automatically detects the File Attachment Mod by Acyd Burn and enables support for it
- Now displays attachments in weblog.php, not just in weblog_entry.php
- Added an RSS feed script. To use, point to weblog_rss.php?w=(weblog_id).
- Added ability for a weblog owner to select the auth for replying. It may be set so that users can see the weblog,
but cannot actually reply to the blog. It will complain if users are allowed to reply but not view the weblog!
Here is an interactive demo on my site. Username: test Password: test
DOWNLOAD (no longer available for download, I'm developing the Blog Mod which is far superior)
I have discontinued this mod in favor of the rewritten version of the Forum Weblogs Mod ("The Blog Mod").
[edit=netclectic] i've un-image-ized ™ the images
mod edit: marked as abandoned