[ABD] hyperion Weblogs

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

justbishop:chill! I don't think many people are gonna jump on you just because you haven't searched 39 pages!

I think you probably forgot to upload the .tpl files. I cannot access them on your site (your site's template is stored in the subSilver folder ;-) I guessed correctly). That error basically means the tpl file that makes up that page is missing.

theanimewizard: For the new version, the simple mode won't create a file for every user. If the style changes, everyone using simple mode and that style will have their weblogs style changed as well.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)
gurukast

Post by gurukast »

theanimewizard - i have some full styles to send you almost finished convert all, will let you know..

hyperion - "The Friends List and Blocked List features have already been put into place. a friends page for each weblog will have the 10 most recent entries from all of that members friends. The Blocked List is self explanatory. "

Consider makeing it compatabilt with the PCP buddy list...

nadir/murphyz- in WEBLOGS.PHP
FIND

Code: Select all

// Get Topic Data 
      // 
      $sql = "SELECT f.forum_id, t.forum_id, t.topic_time, t.topic_mood, t.topic_currently1, t.topic_currently2, t.topic_time, t.topic_id 
         FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t, " . FORUMS_TABLE . " f, " . POSTS_TABLE . " p 
         WHERE t.forum_id = $weblog_id 
            AND t.forum_id = f.forum_id 
            AND t.topic_auth <= " . $access_level . " 
         ORDER BY f.forum_id";
rePLACE WITH

// Get Topic Data 
      // 
      $sql = "SELECT f.forum_id, t.forum_id, t.topic_time, t.topic_mood, t.topic_currently1, t.topic_currently2, t.topic_time, t.topic_id 
         FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t, " . FORUMS_TABLE . " f 
         WHERE t.forum_id = $weblog_id 
            AND t.forum_id = f.forum_id 
            AND t.topic_auth <= " . $access_level . " 
         ORDER BY f.forum_id";
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

Aha! Thank you...I don't know how that happened *smacks self on head*

NEXT PROBLEM

That's what I'm seeing on the BlogCP page now. I tried just hitting "Create Blog" anyway, but it gives me this error:

The Blog header file for this style is missing, so your Blog cannot be created at this time. Please contact your Board Administrator.
I checked, just to make sure, and the header file is definitely there. I know someone else recently had this same problem, and was told to CHMOD all the files in the weblogs/styles/subSilver folder to 744, which I've also done (they were at 644.) Any clues?
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

hyperion wrote: theanimewizard: For the new version, the simple mode won't create a file for every user. If the style changes, everyone using simple mode and that style will have their weblogs style changed as well.

*yay* that's cool ^^ Cuz sometimes I make changes to the simple mod templates and ppl dont do the "reload/reset" thing even if I told them too >_<
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

justbishop wrote: Aha! Thank you...I don't know how that happened *smacks self on head*

NEXT PROBLEM

That's what I'm seeing on the BlogCP page now. I tried just hitting "Create Blog" anyway, but it gives me this error:

The Blog header file for this style is missing, so your Blog cannot be created at this time. Please contact your Board Administrator.
I checked, just to make sure, and the header file is definitely there. I know someone else recently had this same problem, and was told to CHMOD all the files in the weblogs/styles/subSilver folder to 744, which I've also done (they were at 644.) Any clues?

I had that error, (where hte dropdown doesnt show in simple mode) Hyperion posted a fix somewhere xD
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

Ack! Anyone happen to know that fix so I don't have to reread 20 pages of this thread? (pretty please?)
ahlai_oun

Installation question

Post by ahlai_oun »

Yes, I read the pages 1-3 and last 5 pages..ekeke.

First I don't really understand thi spart of the installation:

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# Make these changes to any phpBB file that has "prepare_post(" and "submit_post(" (only if you have other mods installed)
posting.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
prepare_post($mode, 

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
$subject, 

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
$currently1, $currently2, 

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
submit_post($mode, 

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
$poll_length

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
, $currently1, str_replace("\'", "''", $currently2), $entry_mood, $topic_auth

I got a million files in my phpbb...do I have to search for each and everyone of it?

Does anyone know where? :D

Secondly, I got got everything going great with this great mod. I can go to ACP and setting things up.

The minor problem is that where can I create a blog? It keeps telling me...I have to create one or wait for someone to create one.

thanks.
"He who ask is a fool for five minutes, but he who doesn't ask is a fool forever."
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

Yay! Almost everything is functional now except for this:

When posting a new entry or a comment to an entry, this appears at the top of the redirect page, but everything works fine as far as the actual post...

Warning: Missing argument 16 for prepare_post() in /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 124

Warning: Missing argument 25 for submit_post() in /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 227

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:124) in /home/justbis/public_html/weblog_posting.php on line 630

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:124) in /home/justbis/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 535

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:124) in /home/justbis/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 537

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:124) in /home/justbis/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 538
ETA: Another bump in the road...currents are not showing up with posts. I've messed around with the template a bit, but I double checked, and the code for them is in the same place it was before :?
Last edited by justbishop on Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

Ooops, double posted...
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

A few other problems we're having, which may be fixed with the above error I mentioned:

1. I use ezportal, and for some reason, it seems to not be pulling topics from one of the two forums it's supposed to now.

2. One of my testers has created a completely custom template, but when she uses it, her lising on the blog index page goes away. It comes back when she reloads, but then it sets her template back to the default subSilver one. I did do away with the face editing text area in the config page (all HTML,) because I don't want people to be able to customise those, but I did touch any of the funtionality of it. Could this have something to do with it?

ETA: When I look at her setup through the admin CP, the face textbox IS empty :?
Jamy

Post by Jamy »

this is what I'm getting.

Warning: main(./language/lang_english/lang_weblog_main.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/biggbenc/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 367

Warning: main(): Failed opening './language/lang_english/lang_weblog_main.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/biggbenc/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 367

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/biggbenc/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php:367) in /home/biggbenc/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/biggbenc/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php:367) in /home/biggbenc/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 533

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/biggbenc/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php:367) in /home/biggbenc/public_html/forums/includes/page_header.php on line 534
Jamy

Post by Jamy »

Never mind, I see what I didn't do.

Now another question, how do I start a blog ? Every time I click Blog CP I get

You are not authorised to create a Blog
and I'm the frggin admin. And this

can someone please help me with this thing ?
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

Did you create a blog group through the AdminCP? I think you have to do that, even if you choos in configuration that all members can create one.

As for that error, picking "Let users decide" in the configuration solved that for me, as well as playing around with my CHMODding until it worked.
Jamy

Post by Jamy »

ok thanks I think I got it, wasent that hard after I got some needed sleep :) but when I try to view my blog I get
Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist
niksa

Post by niksa »

I'm currently looking into adding a blog system for my forums, since a ton of my users are livejournal freaks. ;) I tried to check out the demo images on the first post, but they didn't load for me.

I have a quick question - I know this mod allows for moods. Does it allow for different themed moods that the users can select? For example, if you use some online journals, they have a few different sets of moods with different images per set. Then if you select that set, all the moods on your forum look like that when other users view it.

Is this possible with the current mod or next release? Just curious, because I think it's a neat feature. :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”