[ABD] hyperion Weblogs

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Jamy

Post by Jamy »

Guys I'm having a heck of a time trying to get this thing working does anyone have a fresh phpBB instal with this mod working and being the only one on it that I can have ?
thanks.

Code: Select all

[edit] forget it, this mod is to buggy I'll wait till it is better coded[/edit]
gurukast

Post by gurukast »

justbishop wrote:

Warning: Missing argument 16 for prepare_post() in /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 124

Warning: Missing argument 25 for submit_post() in /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 227
[/quote] 

make sure your prepare_post in weblog_posting, posting.php and functions_post.php is the same
i.e
functions_post.php
might have
function prepare_post($word, $friend,$mood,$topic);
so 
weblog_posting, posting.php  must be calling prepare_post ($word, $friend,$mood,$topic);
gurukast

Post by gurukast »

hyperion - is it just my install or theres no pagination on the weblogs.php page?? 10 per page, but i have like 30..and no way to get to rest..
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

gurukast wrote:
justbishop wrote:

Warning: Missing argument 16 for prepare_post() in /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 124

Warning: Missing argument 25 for submit_post() in /home/justbis/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 227
[/quote] 

make sure your prepare_post in weblog_posting, posting.php and functions_post.php is the same
i.e
functions_post.php
might have
function prepare_post($word, $friend,$mood,$topic);
so 
weblog_posting, posting.php  must be calling prepare_post ($word, $friend,$mood,$topic);[/quote] 

Thanks, that's probably it, as I also have Now Playing installed on the forum ;)

ETA:  Yay!  That was the problem, thanks  :D   On to the next set of questions:  I'd like to make the "mood" option into a text box instead of a drop down, where people can type anything they'd like.  I'd also like to do away with the emoticons for moods.  I'm not even sure where to start for this, but if someone could give me a clue as to which files to work on, I might be able to wade through it!

ETA again:  One more...what would be the link to create a new post?  I'm putting it on the forum and blog index pages, and tried using the following, but it didn't work; just sent me to http://fangirlonline.com :
[quote]
<a href="{U_POST_NEW_TOPIC}"><b>Post New Entry</a>
[/quote]
Last edited by justbishop on Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reala

Post by Reala »

Everything seems to be working ok.. but I'm getting this error when ever I click on My Blog

Template->loadfile(): File /home/parodiawww/html/phpBB2/weblogs/weblog_2.cfg for handle body is empty

Can anyone help me solve this?

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Jamy: You'll have to CHMOD the weblogs directory 744 (777 as a last resort), and the weblog styles directory as well. It didn't create a file when you chose to create a weblog and that's likely because of the permissisons for the weblogs directory. Then recreate your weblog and try again.

niksa: Mood sets are a nice idea, I think I'll code it for the new weblog mod.

gurukast: I disabled the pagination for now, but the selection box for weblogs per page still works and you can select up to 100 perpage and it should load fine (you can also change that limit to something higher in weblogs.php).

justbishop: You can't make it a mood text box right now (it'll require a fair bit of changing cause only the mood_id is stored with every entry). However, you can "cheat" by using the currently system (e.g. Currently feeling Happy).

Oh, and the code is:

<a href="{U_NEW_ENTRY}" class="nav">{NEW_ENTRY}</a>
Reala: Its likely you're having problems with the permissions of the folders. again, CHMOD the weblogs directory and the files within the styles directories. Then, recreate your weblog and try again.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)
Reala

Post by Reala »

Thanks hyperion.. :wink: Sorry for the trouble
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

Ahhh, thanks so much...that link was driving me crazy, lol! I'd taken it from the blog config's tpl page, and it just did NOT want to work.

New problem, though...email notifications aren't working for some reason. Well, they work as in the email gets sent, but when the user clicks on the link, they get "This message or topic does not exist." Notifications work fine on the forums. Any ideas?

ETA: nope, that link still takes me back to http://fangirlonline.com :?
freespeek.com

phpbb plus help

Post by freespeek.com »

Got it working.

Ask as many questions you want in my forums, I will try to answer them ASAP.

FreeSpeek.com
Last edited by freespeek.com on Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
freespeek.com

HELP Continued

Post by freespeek.com »

Got it working.

FreeSpeek.com
Last edited by freespeek.com on Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
freespeek.com

HELP Continued

Post by freespeek.com »

Got it working.

FreeSpeek.com
Last edited by freespeek.com on Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
dummyinva

Post by dummyinva »

I fixed the weblogs.php page so that it loads in a timely manner. You did a huge cartesian join in there for no reason. Also I converted the array variables to associative arrays and sorted them with the built in usort and comparison functions.

its much faster and easier to maintain

here is a link to the faster code

http://www.virginiabeats.net/shared/code/weblogs.txt

use it to replace your weblogs.php
phpbb is a soup sandwich with a few good libraries
freespeek.com

Almost there

Post by freespeek.com »

I am getting this error now.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: realdate() in /home/spyweb1/spy1u24/html/forumtest/weblog.php on line 329

here is my weblog.php, and I do have the birthday mod installed.
Got it working.

FreeSpeek.com
Last edited by freespeek.com on Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
freespeek.com

I got it now

Post by freespeek.com »

I was able to create a blog as an admin but registered users are not allowed even if they are part of the group.

Got it working.

FreeSpeek.com
nadir

Post by nadir »

dummyinva wrote: I fixed the weblogs.php page so that it loads in a timely manner. You did a huge cartesian join in there for no reason. Also I converted the array variables to associative arrays and sorted them with the built in usort and comparison functions.

its much faster and easier to maintain

here is a link to the faster code

http://www.virginiabeats.net/shared/code/weblogs.txt

use it to replace your weblogs.php

let me be the first.....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Your edit to hyperion's awesome weblog system has made it load up so much more faster.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”