[ABD] hyperion Weblogs

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Yoshikku

Post by Yoshikku »

ok ya i used easymod and fixed those, but i wasnt sure if thats the reason y mine wasnt working, and does it screw up with cashmod? or yd u say that?
PastorJoeMiller

Post by PastorJoeMiller »

Summer is coming to an end... how goes it hyperion?
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Its coming along fine, although I have been far too busy with other (paid!)projects. There are still some major things to be done (like the upgrade scripts and the administration panel pages) but it is currently functioning extremely well.

I have a demo board (username: test, password: test or create your own account) set up now, and you or anyone else can try it out.

I'll be creating another topic here solely for the new mod soon.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)
PastorJoeMiller

looking good :D
MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

I can't find a link :?
PastorJoeMiller

MrDSL wrote: I can't find a link :?
try the first post on the first page for the link to the demo. :wink: Or Hyperion's signature for the download. 8)
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Ooops, sorry for got the link :-P

http://vince.dynalias.com/blog/
Download

terryheath

Blog is working with points system hack

Post by terryheath »

PixyMisa wrote:
Yoshikku wrote:also has anybody used easy mod to install it, is this easy mod compatible?

It's almost almost Easymod compatible. There are three "IN-LINE FIND" which don't have quite the right syntax - they say "IN-LINE, FIND" instead. Fix those and it works! :)

I think it was you who asked awhile back about integration of the blogs with the cash mod? I don't know if you've found a solution yet, but I thought I'd throw this in.

I've got it working with the Points System mod (couldn't get it to run with Cash mod) and points are awarded for blog entries. What I did was install the blog system (by hand, not with EasyMod) onto the Nemesis pre-hack package.

I've tried to crash the system by posting sample messages and replies, but it seems stable so far. I don't know if this will help.

On another point, I'm sorry to see that this mod is going to be discontinued. Personally, the integration with phpBB is exactly what I wanted. It sounds like the new blog won't have that.
fordfairlane

Post by fordfairlane »

First of all - thank you for this cool MOD!

When I try to login with test:test on your above supplied link:

http://vince.dynalias.com/blog/

I get "http could not be found. Please try again"

I'm using Mozilla 1.7.2. Same error in Internet Explorer.

If I then click on "My Blog" I get: "Sorry, the Blog you selected does not exist". But now it seems that I actually AM logged in as "test"-

If I now click on "Blog CP" I get the Blog CP page. When I then click on "My Blog" (on the Blog CP page), the blog will suddenly show up.

Posting a new entry to this test blog works just fine, as does editing and deleting entries! But, if I try to post a comment to a previously posted entry in this test blog I get the following:
Could not insert reply into database

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_weblog_replies (reply_id, entry_id, poster_id, post_time, post_username, enable_bbcode, enable_smilies, enable_html, enable_sig, reply_text, bbcode_uid) VALUES (1, 4, 3, 1094389649, '', 1, 1, 0, 0, 'this is just another test comment', 'b2513e3c75')

Line : 508
File : d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\blog\weblog_posting.php

Why do I get those errors?

Regards

Fordfairlane
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

I think there's something wrong with the login authentication of that board, I've been trying to find out why.

THe login problem happens to me as well, but if you just load http://vince.dynalias.com/blog/ it'll show you as logged in.

I'm checking out that reply problem.
Download

fordfairlane

Post by fordfairlane »

Hey hyperion

Did a little more testing.

Apparently, when logged in (as test:test) and visiting "Blogs", both "Your blog" and right below it "test's blog" appears - a bit confusing since they obviously are identical. Bug?

I really like the layout of the system :-) clean and simple!

Cheers from

ford
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Its not really a bug, its actually meant so that you can see how your "weblog face plate" looks like without having to navigate through all of them.
Download

Yoshikku

Post by Yoshikku »

Do you know what I did wrong it still says it on http://hackunleashed.net/forums/weblog.php?f=20

Code: Select all

Template->make_filename(): Error - file /home/hackunle/public_html/forums/weblogs/weblog_2.cfg does not exist
am i missing files or something, and also why does it require them to join the bloggers group to use the blogs, or at least on my forum...
Yoshikku

Post by Yoshikku »

also when i try to post it makes this Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/hackunle/public_html/forums/includes/functions_post.php on line 362
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

*waves arms* I know someone's gotta know what piece of code in which file makes the blog catagory on the forum index visable only to admins...I'd love for it to be visible to ALL my members :?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”