[ABD] hyperion Weblogs

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Yoshikku

Does anyone have z answer?

Post by Yoshikku »

Does anyone have z answer? It's really bugging me, I re installed it again with ez mod its still not working, apparently it works with ez mod, so i dont know...
Yoshikku

Post by Yoshikku »

i think the problem is that my mods are itnerfering, i think my rpg mod and cash mod are interfering, if i delete the lines, jsut to test it out though, the whole forum goes screwy, it's like you cant live with it, you cant live without it.... So does cash mod disrupt the functions_post.php?
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

It's not fully easymod compatible, just change IN-LINE, FIND to IN-LINE FIND wherever they are in the instructions file.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)
Yoshikku

Post by Yoshikku »

eck, i fixed the critical errors, and removed that section from the instructions.... Im not sure, why it's doing it... but anyways the weblogs were isntalled, just not working properly...
Yoshikku

Post by Yoshikku »

*bump* plz help does anyone know... I mean Ive seen that you have to chmod but it jsut came up with new errors.
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Don't worry too much about it. As you may or may not know, I'm working on a new version of the mod, mostly rewritten.

For everyone, I've reloaded the Blog Mod development forum to include the new changes/fixes that I have made so far. You'll need to re-register again.

The biggest change is in the styles. In the simple mode, you can change large aspects of your weblog without having to do any messing around with the code! All you have do is check this option, select this option, specify the hexidecimal color, etc.

Try it out! Again, the site is http://vince.dynalias.com/blog/
Download

justbishop

Post by justbishop »

The biggest change is in the styles. In the simple mode, you can change large aspects of your weblog without having to do any messing around with the code! All you have do is check this option, select this option, specify the hexidecimal color, etc.

That is so neat! I poked around w/ the test acct., but didn't change anything...hope that's ok :) When will the new version be ready for DL? I'm really excited about it!

And once again for everyone:
*waves arms* I know someone's gotta know what piece of code in which file makes the blog catagory on the forum index visable only to admins...I'd love for it to be visible to ALL my members :?
PastorJoeMiller

Post by PastorJoeMiller »

hyperion wrote: You'll need to re-register again...

Try it out! Again, the site is http://vince.dynalias.com/blog/
tried to register and got this error

Code: Select all

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html 

DEBUG MODE

Line : 142
File : d:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\blog\includes\smtp.php
Yoshikku

Post by Yoshikku »

just login with teh test account, that works
PastorJoeMiller

Hyperion, I was able to log in, but it seems there is a problem with the log-in and registration system. Are there any known conflicts with the Blog?
PastorJoeMiller

couple observations Hyperion
1. If I edit a blog post with BBCode, the system does not parse the BBCode properly (see my first blog under J.R. Miller for an example where the second un-edited blog is right, but the first edited blog actually shows the BBCode in the text).
2. I could not add more than one "friend" to my list.
3. There is no way to post a new blog or go to my blog CP from the actual Blog page.
4. Be nice if the blog header could include a graphic image uploaded by the user instead of the text. You know, to have a nice graphical banner over the blog instead of just a text name/description. You can see my lame effort on my blog page.
5. It would be nice if the "custom block" to use BBCode. or at least allow for some limited HTML (set in the ACP by Admin)
6. The Background Image section will not let me make a left aligned image (it will do both centered and right aligned though.)

thats it for now I guess... excellent job though so far :D
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

OMG, I just noticed the "friends" link...PLEASE tell me there'll be some type of friending system!!
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

1. Fixed.
2. Fixed (I used an "if" instead of a "while" which meant it only showed the first friend instead of all the possible friends; it still added the user as a friend, just not shown).
3. Changed in the weblog style. The weblog owner can now view and click a link that leads to the weblog CP.
4. That will depend on the weblog template. The system is coded so that a weblog template designer could make it so that it will take the background image url, and put it as the header.
5. I've been working on it recently, and I plan to have moderate HTML allowed.
6. Fixed. It was because of a copy paste (was using "top" instead of "left")

justbishop: Yes, there is a friends list! It'll show your friend(s)'s latest entry, as well as who has added you as a friend ("Friend Of").

There's also a similar "blocked list" that is pretty self explanatory.
Download

justbishop

Post by justbishop »

Oooh, I'm so excited for the new release!!

Any ideas on my other question?
PastorJoeMiller

hyperion wrote: 1. Fixed.
2. Fixed (I used an "if" instead of a "while" which meant it only showed the first friend instead of all the possible friends; it still added the user as a friend, just not shown).
3. Changed in the weblog style. The weblog owner can now view and click a link that leads to the weblog CP.
4. That will depend on the weblog template. The system is coded so that a weblog template designer could make it so that it will take the background image url, and put it as the header.
5. I've been working on it recently, and I plan to have moderate HTML allowed.
6. Fixed. It was because of a copy paste (was using "top" instead of "left")

justbishop: Yes, there is a friends list! It'll show your friend(s)'s latest entry, as well as who has added you as a friend ("Friend Of").

There's also a similar "blocked list" that is pretty self explanatory.
nice work. I will post any other issues if I run across them.
Last edited by PastorJoeMiller on Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”