[BETA] Simple Ignore 1.4.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
aboyd

Post by aboyd » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:57 am

reggien wrote: Cheers for the bug fix raven007, my pm system is working again. With your last modified code though, which file would I find that in?

Agreed, cheers to raven007. I think raven's changes are intended to apply to the privmsgs.php file. I realize that the code she/he modified is actually present in 3 different files, so it's hard to be certain. However, I applied the code to privmsgs.php and it seems to do what it should.

In any case, I added my four bug fixes from earlier posts in this topic, a new fix for phpBB 2.0.19, raven007's PM fix, and some extra code from me so that users cannot block PMs from admins & moderators, to the original ignore mod. I've released that mod here. As usual, if Jesse (the original author) ever comes back to this topic, he's 100% welcome to take my fixes and roll them into his official mod.

-Tony

reggien

Post by reggien » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:18 pm

aboyd wrote: In any case, I added my four bug fixes from earlier posts in this topic, a new fix for phpBB 2.0.19, raven007's PM fix, and some extra code from me so that users cannot block PMs from admins & moderators, to the original ignore mod. I've released that mod here.

Thanks for that download link and your efforts to keep this mod going. Most appreciated for a very handy mod. 8)

countz

Post by countz » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:24 pm

aboyd wrote:
reggien wrote:Cheers for the bug fix raven007, my pm system is working again. With your last modified code though, which file would I find that in?

Agreed, cheers to raven007. I think raven's changes are intended to apply to the privmsgs.php file. I realize that the code she/he modified is actually present in 3 different files, so it's hard to be certain. However, I applied the code to privmsgs.php and it seems to do what it should.

In any case, I added my four bug fixes from earlier posts in this topic, a new fix for phpBB 2.0.19, raven007's PM fix, and some extra code from me so that users cannot block PMs from admins & moderators, to the original ignore mod. I've released that mod here. As usual, if Jesse (the original author) ever comes back to this topic, he's 100% welcome to take my fixes and roll them into his official mod.

-Tony

only one thing:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
privmsg.php
#
# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#
$to_userdata = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
# 
it's wrong

in my privmsg.php i see:

if (!($to_userdata = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)))
			{
				$error = TRUE;
				$error_msg = $lang['No_such_user'];
			}
another error:

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
#
language/lang_english/lang_main.php
# 
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#
$lang['Is_ignored'] = ' Is On Your Ignore List.'
$lang['Has_ignored'] = ' Has Ignored You.';
$lang['Ignore_user'] = 'Ignore this user';
$lang['Unignore_user'] = 'Unignore this user';
you forgot ";"
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 800 character limit

http://www.bhq.it

aboyd

Post by aboyd » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:41 am

Hmm. You were replying to my post about a revised version of Simple Ignore, but you then listed out bugs with the original product.

All I can tell you is, nope, the bugs you mentioned are not present in my version.

-Tony

schulerlab

Post by schulerlab » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:16 pm

is your official version in the Mods Database? If so, what is the name?

I can't find it. :?:

Thanks.

aboyd

Post by aboyd » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:12 pm

schulerlab wrote: is your official version in the Mods Database? If so, what is the name?

I can't find it. :?:

Thanks.

If you're asking me, see this:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 29#2048929

-T

NoDeity

Post by NoDeity » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:37 am

Does it let users ignore moderators/admins and let moderators/admins ignore users?

aboyd

Post by aboyd » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:34 am

NoDeity wrote: Does it let users ignore moderators/admins and let moderators/admins ignore users?

Hmm. The original file, which is a link in the first post of this topic, does allow anyone to ignore anyone. And for posts, it works. For PMs, it doesn't.

The unofficial version I worked on and linked to in my post (on the previous page, I think) makes it so that mods & admins cannot be ignored. And it works for posts & PMs -- or at least, it should. I didn't do a ton of testing. If you try it, I'd love feedback.

-Tony

shakey_1

Post by shakey_1 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:46 am

I just installed the new version of this mod (1.4.2) from Outshine phpBB Mini Mods but have run into a problem. It allows me to ignore myself as well as allowing users to ignore mods and admins. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

NoDeity

Post by NoDeity » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:48 am

I'm trying this MOD on my board. I'm using the version posted in the first post.

The changes to lang_main.php were causing an error so I just left them out and it seems to work just fine, so far. (?)

This version allows admins and moderators to ignore ordinary users and allows ordinary users to ignore admins and moderators. I realize that most board admins don't want that but that's exactly what I do want.

mnp13

Post by mnp13 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:48 pm

I just installed this MOD, and it went thought easyMOD with no problems... but the buttons are not showing up on the posts so it can't actually be used.

any ideas?

NoDeity

Post by NoDeity » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:22 am

Hmm. Sorry, I don't know. I installed it manually and I've got buttons.

mnp13

Post by mnp13 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:18 pm

mnp13 wrote: I just installed this MOD, and it went thought easyMOD with no problems... but the buttons are not showing up on the posts so it can't actually be used.

any ideas?

it worked when I re-installed it.
Michelle

Blisk

Post by Blisk » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:24 pm

now I see ti, in version 1.4.2 is fixed all!

mnp13

Post by mnp13 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:02 pm

when I add new moderators to the mod group their posts still have the option to ignore them. However, the moderators who were in the group before I installed it are working correctly. Help?

Also, the ignore button at the top is not showing up when you have ignored someone.
Michelle

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”