[ABD] Profile Control Panel

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
19%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 434

The Suite

Post by The Suite » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:06 am

Hey guys,

I'm getting an error with a find statement but when I check the file the statement is there, what am I missing?

Please help.

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl] could not find:

<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_out -->

MOD script line #1914 :: FAQ :: Report

That BEGIN switch is in the index_body file.
Much appreciloved,

The Suite
Thank you :-)
The IT Security Information Center

Ðucky-

Post by Ðucky- » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:42 am

The Suite wrote: Hey guys,

I'm getting an error with a find statement but when I check the file the statement is there, what am I missing?

Please help.

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl] could not find:

<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_out -->

MOD script line #1914 :: FAQ :: Report

That BEGIN switch is in the index_body file.

Recheck if you did the edits right to the files.

The Suite

Post by The Suite » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:46 am

Ducky,

I did and I have double checked it.
Much appreciloved,

The Suite
Thank you :-)
The IT Security Information Center

Riamus

Post by Riamus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:54 pm

salmercker: I'd recommend checking all your PHP files within the /templates/yourtemplate/admin/ folder and/or your /admin/ folder. One of them is either missing a <?php at the beginning or a ?> at the end (without spacing before or after). That, or you having inserted PHP code into one of your template files.

Donut: I'd recommend posting how you fixed it so people don't have to take the time you mentioned trying to find it within the thread. Perhaps someone can take the time to get all the fixes in the thread together into a single post.... probably no one will, but perhaps.

The Suite: Are you using Easymod and seeing this there? Most likely, if that is the case, there's a space before or after the find that is causing the error. Check for white space around the find line. If nothing else, remove that line from the .mod file, install, then manually edit the .tpl file the way the mod says.
Kakkoii Translation Team
格好いい 翻訳

angmar

Post by angmar » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:03 pm

Hi, I installed this mod, but it doesn't seem to work... Nothing is changed, except that I can't see my avatar and other stuff anymore on the left side of a topic... Also, if I click on "memberlist" or "private messages" , it's just staying on the index page... And if I go to my ACP, the PCP doesn't look like it should be:

I suppose it doesn't has to look like this? :? I tried to install it first with EasyMod, but it didn't seemed to work so I just edited the files manually...

Hope anyone can help me, thx!

btw: here's my board: http://olvh.5gigs.com/forum , translations:

-memberlist: gebruikerslijst
-private messages: privé berichten

edit: just a dumb question, but if you, according to the manual, have to edit files in subSilver, do you have to edit litteraly your subSilver files, or the files from the template you're using at the moment?!

efeene

Post by efeene » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:01 pm

Hi
I recently added the MOD mod-profilcp-200-1, but I only intended to use the advantage of the function birthday.
Any one now if there are any MOD who add only this function?
Thanks

Riamus

Post by Riamus » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:01 pm

angmar: The image you displayed is correct. That's the way that particular page should look.

Note that you are apparently using another template than subSilver... double check all your code you updated... probably there is a mistake due to using another template.

efeene: Do a search for birthday and you should find some.
Kakkoii Translation Team
格好いい 翻訳

angmar

Post by angmar » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:37 pm

Riamus wrote: angmar: The image you displayed is correct. That's the way that particular page should look.

Note that you are apparently using another template than subSilver... double check all your code you updated... probably there is a mistake due to using another template.

efeene: Do a search for birthday and you should find some.

I never really know what to do if they say I have to edit my subSilver files... I'm using indeed an other style, Artemis. So do I have to edit the tpl-files from just Artemis, or from both styles? thx for your answer btw ;)

Riamus

Post by Riamus » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:28 pm

Whenever you install a mod on a template other than subSilver, you can't just install it via Easymod and you can't usually do everything exactly the same as the instructions. That's the downside of using other templates.

If you aren't using subSilver at all, you don't need to do anything to the subSilver template. Everything needs to be done to the template(s) you are using.

Templates are formatted differently (as I'm sure you understand). If it says FIND XYZ, in subSilver, it might only be there once, so it can just say to find it and not worry about there being more than one XYZ in the template file. Yet, in another file, XYZ could be in multiple places. Or, it could be changed to ZYX. The point is that you need to examine every line in the mod as you go through and manually edit the template files. Some will be easy and some will take more effort. Anything that is said to be in your templates folder should be done manually in this manner. Otherwise, you're likely to get problems.
Kakkoii Translation Team
格好いい 翻訳

JDuc

Post by JDuc » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:03 pm

great mod! however I do have one question....

I've gotten it to work very well with the DustyGreen theme, all except for a few buttons (the friend button being one of those).

After much thinking, I really don't think this forum needs a friend button/function.

Is there anyone who could direct me in the right way as to how to remove JUST this function of this mod?

I'm sure it's a pretty detailed removal, but I'm willing to try it out...

I guess I could just search all files for the words 'friend' etc and just remove that code?? :?:

TIA!
Jan

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:17 am

I can't find reference to this anywhere here or on RPGnet so I may as well ask:

On my board which uses PCP2.0.0-1 and APM0.0.7 the PM button for a user (in the topic view or their profile) redirects to a new PM but does not populate the recipient field with the username of the user you clicked....

Anyone running PCP have this - I notice this is the behaviour at RPGnet too!

Maybe it is APM related but can anyone confirm this on their boards or know of a fix?

TIA
Will.*
\x!\\_

Riamus

Post by Riamus » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:04 pm

It populates just fine in my PCP-modded forum. So, it's either APM, or else you have a code that wasn't entered or was messed up when modding your forum.
Kakkoii Translation Team
格好いい 翻訳

Rowley Birkin

Post by Rowley Birkin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:11 pm

clean installed forum, not going to use this mod sorry
Last edited by Rowley Birkin on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rowley Birkin

Post by Rowley Birkin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:48 pm

------
Last edited by Rowley Birkin on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rokroka

PCP and Category hierarchy crashed my forum

Post by rokroka » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:06 pm

pcp crashed my board i had the board up and running fine after installing categories hierarchy itwas fine while installing pcp i noticed alot of the code was similar if not the same in many places pcp having over 100 actions was very hard to install after (CH) so finally after what im sure was a proper complie i goto reload my forum and all blank pages no nada
so which should i install first it seems activity mod, categories hierarchy and ctivity mods coe is interscting but how to make them all work together is the quetion is tere a specific order to install them in or am i just on a losing battle ive seemingly reached the extent of my coding knowledge....pleasehelp

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”