[ABD] Profile Control Panel

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
19%
Good
10%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 434

dtab55

Re: What are the required mods for intallation?

Post by dtab55 » Sat May 13, 2006 3:58 pm

cubano33 wrote: What are the MODS I should already have installed in order to install this one ?

the installation instructions say this, but I can't make sense of it:

The next CHMODs are required to allow the editing of the mentioned files by the ACP tools
##
##
## CHMOD 666 to apply :
##
## profilcp/def/def_userfields.php
## profilcp/def/def_usermaps.php
##
## COPY to each of your language installed directories (ie: languages/lang_english/) and
## CHMOD 666 those files :
## COPY mod-lang_settings/lang_extend.php TO language/lang_*/lang_extend.php

What it means is that you need to change the permissions of the files. Basically (depending on your FTP program) , right click on the file, chose properties/CHMOD, there should probably be a number like 644 somewhere on that page. Just change that to 666. I use SmartFTP, so those are the directions for that, but it "should" be similar with whatever program your using. Hope it helps.

Stevish

Post by Stevish » Sun May 14, 2006 7:41 pm

Well I for one am eagerly anticipating an update that is compatable with 2.0.20.

Keep up the good work :)

Tigrisshark

Post by Tigrisshark » Sun May 14, 2006 9:17 pm

I know it's said above that this mod isn't recommended for 2.0.20, but I'm trying to install it anyway. I have a quick question:
I'm installing this to a non-standard style, which doesn't have the helpline- now in the MOD-File you are supposed to insert

Code: Select all

/*-- mod : profile cp --*/
.foundercolor, a.foundercolor, a.foundercolor:link, a.foundercolor:active, a.foundercolor:visited {
	color: #FE00FE;
	font-weight: bold;
}
a.foundercolor:hover {
	color:	#FF0000;
	text-decoration: underline;
}

.admincolor, a.admincolor, a.admincolor:link, a.admincolor:active, a.admincolor:visited {
	color: {T_FONTCOLOR3};
}
a.admincolor:hover {
	color:	{T_BODY_HLINK};
}

.modcolor, a.modcolor, a.modcolor:link, a.modcolor:active, a.modcolor:visited {
	color: {T_FONTCOLOR2};
}
a.modcolor:hover {
	color:	{T_BODY_HLINK};
}

.usercolor, a.usercolor, a.usercolor:link, a.usercolor:active, a.usercolor:visited {
	color : {T_BODY_LINK};
}
a.usercolor:hover {
	color: {T_BODY_HLINK};
}
/*-- fin mod : profile cp --*/
after the helpline. What does this do? I'm trying to figure out the function so that I get an indication where to put this, but it sounds rather specific for the helpline.
Help would be appreciated very much.

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Mon May 15, 2006 9:17 am

I threw caution to the wind and did a consecutive upgrade to my fully functional 2.0.17 board with PCP and APM and Calendar and heaps of others, to 2.0.18, 2.0.19 and finally 2.0.20 and the only thing I have had to look into is the signatures now incorrectly escape apostropies thus : \'\' I am looking for a fix for now but just in the mean time thought I'd throw in the fact that I did not have any undue issues and all the standard pcp and apm functions seem to be working fine.

Mind you I did some tweaks to pcp and apm previously to get it all sorted for my board and gallery integration.

Will
\x!\\_

kyle1745

Post by kyle1745 » Mon May 15, 2006 12:26 pm

Did you have any PM issues? If so how did you correct them?

netwarden

Adding Attach-mod to a PHPbb site with ProFilcp...

Post by netwarden » Mon May 15, 2006 3:23 pm

After adding Attach-mod to a PHPbb site with ProFilcp; E-Mail via board produces General Error - Invalid_session after pressing the 'Send e-mail' button.

First I manually added Attach-mod to an existing board PHPbb v 2.0.19 that has Easy Mod v 0.3.0 and Profilcp v 2.0.0-1 all seem ok until I tried to send an e-mail via the board. Then I would get the above error.

Figuring I messed up the manual mod process, I then installed a fresh PHPbb v 2.0.19 in a different site, and then installed Attach-mod using the ‘pre-mod’ files, then installed Easy Mod v 0.3.0 and Profilcp v 2.0.0-1. The same ‘Invalid_session’ error happens on this set-up as well.

If I remove ALL files and reload (from a back-up) a clean PHPbb v 2.0.19 then add Attach-mod with pre-mod files and DO NOT install ProFilcp, it all works fine. Could ProFilcp be incompatible with the Attach-mod? If so where can I get help on this?

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Mon May 15, 2006 11:10 pm

kyle1745 wrote: Did you have any PM issues? If so how did you correct them?

No PM issues as such to do with the upgrade from 2017 to 2020 but then again I am using APM and I had to do lots of work to iron the bugs out of that - I think some of them are detailed on RPGnet board but it is too long ago now to remember all the specifics.

No problems so far. Fingers crossed.
\x!\\_

cubano33

SERIOUS SECURITY PROBLEM w/ Profile Control Panel

Post by cubano33 » Mon May 15, 2006 11:12 pm

I have successfully installed the Profile Control Model MOD and thought it was great until I did the following:

1. Logged in to my forum.
2. clicked on my profile and clicked on the "Registering" tab (the registering tab displays my e-mail address as well as 2 fields to change my password)
3. Looked in the url and changed the value of the user id (&u=##) to a random user id (&u=###). Sure enough, the random user's private information (email, and change password boxes) was displayed, and I could have completely changed their password.

Any ways around this? where can I report this issue to get this seriously looked at?

SpittingAngels

Re: SERIOUS SECURITY PROBLEM w/ Profile Control Panel

Post by SpittingAngels » Tue May 16, 2006 6:38 am

cubano33 wrote: I have successfully installed the Profile Control Model MOD and thought it was great until I did the following:

1. Logged in to my forum.
2. clicked on my profile and clicked on the "Registering" tab (the registering tab displays my e-mail address as well as 2 fields to change my password)
3. Looked in the url and changed the value of the user id (&u=##) to a random user id (&u=###). Sure enough, the random user's private information (email, and change password boxes) was displayed, and I could have completely changed their password.

Any ways around this? where can I report this issue to get this seriously looked at?

if you are an admin, that's normal, as you can update any user's info for them from their profile.

Try it with a non-admin account.

SpittingAngels

Post by SpittingAngels » Tue May 16, 2006 6:55 am

For the record, I have this working (mostly) on .20. But I've been upgrading for awhile and I always check on a test server first before I upgrade a live site.

Now I say mostly working because a user reported a strange issue to me I can't make sense of. When he or other users go to Memberlist and change the order by Total Posts, the numbers are arranged in DESC order only by the first digit in the number.

For instance:

Now, I don't get this behavior in my admin account at all (the numbers there descend normally) but I can duplicate it in a non-admin account.

the page showing is:
profile.php?mode=buddy&sub=memberlist&filter=username&comp=IN&order=user_posts&sort=DESC

I've checked profile.php and also profilcp/profilcp_buddy.php and I can't find any user level checks that would affect this behavior and skew the results like this?

Any ideas?

Firesong

Re: Adding Attach-mod to a PHPbb site with ProFilcp...

Post by Firesong » Tue May 16, 2006 1:52 pm

netwarden wrote: After adding Attach-mod to a PHPbb site with ProFilcp; E-Mail via board produces General Error - Invalid_session after pressing the 'Send e-mail' button.

First I manually added Attach-mod to an existing board PHPbb v 2.0.19 that has Easy Mod v 0.3.0 and Profilcp v 2.0.0-1 all seem ok until I tried to send an e-mail via the board. Then I would get the above error.

Figuring I messed up the manual mod process, I then installed a fresh PHPbb v 2.0.19 in a different site, and then installed Attach-mod using the ‘pre-mod’ files, then installed Easy Mod v 0.3.0 and Profilcp v 2.0.0-1. The same ‘Invalid_session’ error happens on this set-up as well.

If I remove ALL files and reload (from a back-up) a clean PHPbb v 2.0.19 then add Attach-mod with pre-mod files and DO NOT install ProFilcp, it all works fine. Could ProFilcp be incompatible with the Attach-mod? If so where can I get help on this?

A 'fix' for this is to edit profilcp/profilcp_email.php

Find

$no_header = in_array($set, array('add', 'remove'));
and add after it

// session id get
$sid = '';
if (!empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['sid']) || !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['sid']))
{
        $sid = (!empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['sid'])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['sid'] : $HTTP_GET_VARS['sid'];
}
I don't know if this has any security issues however.

Firesong

cubano33

Editng the html for PCP

Post by cubano33 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:03 pm

I have installed the PCP and it all works great, but I am having major issues trying to find where to edit the HTML. I would like to do 2 modifications to it, as far as changing some basic html.

1. in the "Home" tab of the Profile Control Panel I would like to hiperlink "Private Messages" to the "Private Massaging" tab. What file do I do thi in, I am having major problems finding where to edit html.

2. I would like to add new fields that the user can fill out. Again, where is the file that will allow me to make such modifications.

I really appreciate the help that I've gotten here in that past. great mod

netwarden

Re: Adding Attach-mod to a PHPbb site with ProFilcp...

Post by netwarden » Tue May 16, 2006 6:28 pm

netwarden wrote: After adding Attach-mod to a PHPbb site with ProFilcp; E-Mail via board produces General Error - Invalid_session after pressing the 'Send e-mail' button.

Firesong wrote: A 'fix' for this is to edit profilcp/profilcp_email.php

Find

and add after it

// session id get
$sid = '';
if (!empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['sid']) || !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['sid']))
{
        $sid = (!empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['sid'])) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['sid'] : $HTTP_GET_VARS['sid'];
}
I don't know if this has any security issues however.

Firesong

Firesong,

In forum/profilcp/profilcp_email.php I was unable to find...

I am using Profilcp v 2.0.0-1 is this why?

NetWarden

cubano33

Profile Display

Post by cubano33 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:51 pm

in the Public Profile of a user, I would like to not display the "Internationalization" section as well as the phone numbers ( home phone, fax, work phone, work fax, cell, pager). Where can I do that? Any ideas?

drammy

Post by drammy » Tue May 16, 2006 8:26 pm

If I am wanting to include this mod in a fixed width template, what file should I amend and what should I be looking for? I guess I should be looking for width="100%" and change to width="860" - but what files...

Thanks guys,

Drammy

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”